Pages: 1 ... 3424 3425 3426 [3427] 3428 3429 3430 ... 3970   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8938977 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #51390 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 15:51:40 »

I had spoke to a couple of fellow TEF'ers about Gunning as hes listed as number 27 in the players squad numbers.

Fuck I didn't realise he's only 32, younger than Austin! On the downside another left footed centre half!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #51391 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 16:34:47 »

Suppose we’re going to have to wait ages for the Brewitt announcement- as per.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #51392 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 18:02:01 »

Hutton, Clayton, Wakeling & Khan will all be sold.
Austin, Brynn, Lavinier & Williams will be out of contract and leave.

Starting from scratch again:

If we were having this conversation in person I'd be asking where you shit from with your arse being so busy talking, but I can't think of a way to make that work for a text chat!

Anyhoo you've got not a clue. We won't sell the likes of Clayton and Walkling after one season when we've handed them 3 or 4 year contracts. This invest for the future shit isn't that short term. Hutton might go, because he's clearly unsettled. Can't see us making a profit on Kahn if he doesn't sort his discipline out, so can't see him going.

Brynn is on loan, so where he goes is sort of up to Middlesbrough. Lavinier I doubt is OOC as we've not signed any of the other ex U23 Premier players on short term deals, but as he's spent half the season injured and not really grabbed any headlines, might not be that hard to retain even if he is.

Austin and Williams will depend. Austin might want one more season, and if he stays decent until the end of the season might get one. Williams, who knows. If he gets a better offer at, I don't know Orient or somewhere reachable from home, which people tell me is in Kent, he might go. He's had a couple of years to prove he can play pretty much a full season so he'll get offers. On song he's better than this league so good luck to him.

It would hardly be starting from scratch even if you were right about who leaves. But as you've just blatantly made shit up to make your point and we'll clearly have more under contract than you say, are unlikely to sell a few you claim we will and have the opportunity to keep a couple more, it really is just a load of old bollocks isn't it?

..never go back.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #51393 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 18:42:51 »

If we were having this conversation in person I'd be asking where you shit from with your arse being so busy talking, but I can't think of a way to make that work for a text chat!

Anyhoo you've got not a clue. We won't sell the likes of Clayton and Walkling after one season when we've handed them 3 or 4 year contracts. This invest for the future shit isn't that short term. Hutton might go, because he's clearly unsettled. Can't see us making a profit on Kahn if he doesn't sort his discipline out, so can't see him going.

Brynn is on loan, so where he goes is sort of up to Middlesbrough. Lavinier I doubt is OOC as we've not signed any of the other ex U23 Premier players on short term deals, but as he's spent half the season injured and not really grabbed any headlines, might not be that hard to retain even if he is.

Austin and Williams will depend. Austin might want one more season, and if he stays decent until the end of the season might get one. Williams, who knows. If he gets a better offer at, I don't know Orient or somewhere reachable from home, which people tell me is in Kent, he might go. He's had a couple of years to prove he can play pretty much a full season so he'll get offers. On song he's better than this league so good luck to him.

It would hardly be starting from scratch even if you were right about who leaves. But as you've just blatantly made shit up to make your point and we'll clearly have more under contract than you say, are unlikely to sell a few you claim we will and have the opportunity to keep a couple more, it really is just a load of old bollocks isn't it?

You could have just called him a clueless cunt and saved an awful amount of your time and everyone else’s too.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #51394 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 19:42:59 »

Our game management was atrocious last season with all those experienced pros you’ve mentioned above.

Yeah, agree. It was one of my biggest complaints about Garnerball.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #51395 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 19:46:53 »

It’s difficult to assess the quality of a player if the manager/coach at the time hasn’t got a fucking clue. Does anyone think Lindsey would have got that team on Saturday to earn a point?

Audibly laughed at the thought.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #51396 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 21:40:58 »

You could have just called him a clueless cunt and saved an awful amount of your time and everyone else’s too.

You didn't have to read his post. Wasted your own time chief.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #51397 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2023, 00:13:14 »

You didn't have to read his post. Wasted your own time chief.

I believe I did well spotted. You win a lollipop.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #51398 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2023, 00:42:43 »

Such nice a lovely posters on TEF  Smiley
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #51399 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2023, 00:44:56 »

"You could have just called him a clueless cunt"

Smiley)))) 
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #51400 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2023, 02:27:44 »

Yep, we certainly haven’t sold players at the first sniff of money this season, at all…have we?
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #51401 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2023, 05:37:03 »

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-11827545/How-teams-number-crunchers-maths-whizz-kids-kicked-revolution-sport.html
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #51402 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2023, 08:55:08 »

Yep, we certainly haven’t sold players at the first sniff of money this season, at all…have we?

No we havent. We've sold players yes. At the start of the season we moved on a couple in the last year of their contracts and who were pushing for moves. The careers of both of them have totally stalled. Ones back training with the club and we could probably sign him back for a minimal amount, the other we could probably have back for free In the summer of we wanted him, which we don't. In the last window we sold Gladwin who can't really play the game we want midfielders to play with his lack of pace, and Reed, who'd been patchy all season and was OOC in the summer and unlikely to re-sign. I doubt we got much for either of them. McDonald went for non-footballing reasons clearly and for free.

The only player we were offered decent money for was Williams and he's still here. There were also clubs interested in Hutton who we'd have got decent money for; also still here.

People like you spent the window claiming the club were cashing in and grabbing money in the short term, Williams was going, Hutton was going, blah blah blah and it didn't happen. Now you're doing the same thing again and you're pretending that your predictions last time around happened, when we can all remember that they didn't.

..never go back.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #51403 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2023, 09:11:18 »

How much were we offered for Williams?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #51404 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2023, 09:15:51 »

Not enough, obviously.