Pages: 1 ... 3422 3423 3424 [3425] 3426 3427 3428 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8975464 times)
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #51360 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 07:59:15 »

I’m looking beyond this season. Morris is a huge upgrade on Lindsey. He’s had little to no input into our squad. We already have a decent sprinkling of players ready for next season. Add to that and we’ll be good to go.
I agree with that to a point, but you are totally underestimating the rebuild needed and where the money will come from given many of the players we don't want/need are signed up for next year.   
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #51361 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 08:21:04 »

I agree with that to a point, but you are totally underestimating the rebuild needed and where the money will come from given many of the players we don't want/need are signed up for next year.   

Well some will go out on loan, the others could either be sold for a small fee or let go on free once they’ve been told you won’t be playing for us again because you’re so far down the pecking order. No player unless they’re at the fag end of their career wants to sit in the stands for a season. That’s a small reason to get youngsters in. They are or should be hungry to play and if you’ve just been told there is no room for you you really only limited options going forward. More than one way to skin a cat or for you veggies, peel a carrot.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #51362 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 08:39:46 »

Contracted for 2024 or beyond:

Hutton, Clayton, Devine, FBT, Iandolo, McEachran (option), Darcy, Cain, Aguiar, Khan, Adeloye, Wakeling, Shade, maybe Roberts

I don't think that's too bad, no? One or two we wouldn't mind seeing depart, but realistically that's a whole lot better as a starting point than we've had in the last two summers. Sign up Tomlinson, Lavinier (perhaps, nobody knows his contract length) and RHM (and ideally Williams but that seems less likely) and we're in good shape.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #51363 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 08:52:36 »

Yep, that’s what I reckon. Presuming that Spurs CB will actually sign pre next season if we haven't pissed him off.

Iandolo will probably be off, Harries is OOC, Frenchie is retired. Don’t know about Dabre, Parsons etc.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #51364 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 08:53:30 »

We will need a goalkeeper (plus back up unless the Ward saga ends) and my guess is Williams and Austin are probably unlikely to be here next year. RHM also out of contract this year.
We will need a centre forward or two, and at least two proper centre backs, plus a defensive midfielder - we can’t rely on Khan to be the main option in that area because of his indiscipline.
That’s the spine of the team missing really. A lot of work will be  needed to be competitive next year.
But I like the progress made by Morris so far - as with Wellens’ first half season, you can see what he is trying to get the team to do.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #51365 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 09:33:34 »

We will need a goalkeeper (plus back up unless the Ward saga ends) and my guess is Williams and Austin are probably unlikely to be here next year. RHM also out of contract this year.
We will need a centre forward or two, and at least two proper centre backs, plus a defensive midfielder - we can’t rely on Khan to be the main option in that area because of his indiscipline.
That’s the spine of the team missing really. A lot of work will be  needed to be competitive next year.
But I like the progress made by Morris so far - as with Wellens’ first half season, you can see what he is trying to get the team to do.

Of course everything to with next season is dependant on what league we’re in. My feeling is that if there is a sniff of going up the cheque book will open up again with some OOC players to get us over the line. A luxury we didn’t have last season. JM is contracted to us next season, however, everyone has their price and IMHO he is slightly less likely to be lured away if we’re in L1 challenging for promotion to the championship as opposed to chasing promotion to L1.

Equally he still has no No.2 Again, being in L1 will be more of a lure for that position than L2 whoever he sets his sights on.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #51366 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 10:03:27 »

Hutton, Clayton, Devine, FBT, Iandolo, McEachran (option), Darcy, Cain, Aguiar, Khan, Adeloye, Wakeling, Shade, maybe Roberts

I don't think that's too bad, no? One or two we wouldn't mind seeing depart, but realistically that's a whole lot better as a starting point than we've had in the last two summers. Sign up Tomlinson, Lavinier (perhaps, nobody knows his contract length) and RHM (and ideally Williams but that seems less likely) and we're in good shape.

Hutton, Clayton, Wakeling & Khan will all be sold.
Austin, Brynn, Lavinier & Williams will be out of contract and leave.

Starting from scratch again:
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #51367 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 10:08:11 »

Hutton, Clayton, Wakeling & Khan will all be sold.
Austin, Brynn, Lavinier & Williams will be out of contract and leave.

Starting from scratch again:

I'd be disappointed to lose Clayton, Khan and Wakeling. I know we've largely cashed in ASAP this season, but all have potential to get even better.

I've omitted Hutton simply because I think that's inevitable (just opinion mind)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #51368 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 11:29:38 »

First post, so be gentle.

Reading between the lines it looks like Morris is suggesting two incomings: an out and out centre back and a versatile 'body', who we can assume is Brewitt given he has played at DM and RB too. Here's the quote:

"In terms of an out-and-out centre-half, there is progress. But I’ll allow the club to communicate that soon.

“We’ve managed to get a body through the door, which I think will help. He’s not an out-and-out centre-half, but for where we are at the moment, to have people who can play more than one position will be important."

In terms of an out and out centre half, we know that what is normally available at this stage of the season are scrapheap dwelling misfits and weirdos. Your Andre Wisdoms who haven't played for two years, although clearly we got lucky with McEachran.

However, luck has conspired to offer up a bit of a fluke option... Southend haven't paid their players and their stand out centre half, Kacper Lopata, has exercised his right to walk as a result: https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/23362761.kacper-lopata-confirms-southend-united-departure/

Spreadsheet friendly age ( Wink), Polish U-21, 6ft 4, family based in Bristol and a Dave Hockaday link! https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/nostalgia/awkward-moments-makeshift-goalposts-and-hailed-by-ex-leeds-united-boss-the-making-of-sheffield-uniteds-latest-star-kacper-lopata-3342121

Read the comments from the Southend fans.

We should be going all out for this bloke if we are allowed to sign him, which I guess we are if he's taken this route out. Probably got a club lined up, so let's hope it is us!
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #51369 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 11:39:23 »

I don't think we could. Pretty sure he would have had to have been a free agent before the transfer window ended. I am guessing breach of contract doesn't alter that rule, unless it is a loophole.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #51370 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 12:04:57 »

Roberts not impressing in his loan at Aldershot it seems.

He looked lively when he came on against Dorking, but there wasn't a lot of end product for the amount of running around he did.

Roberts not shown me anything to suggest he deserves a place.

Morgan Roberts needs to be sent back - seen enough and he’s too lightweight

Should have started Justin over Roberts

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #51371 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 12:09:29 »

I don't think we could. Pretty sure he would have had to have been a free agent before the transfer window ended. I am guessing breach of contract doesn't alter that rule, unless it is a loophole.
Absolutely he won't be able to play if he did sign.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #51372 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 12:11:39 »

I'd be disappointed to lose Clayton, Khan and Wakeling. I know we've largely cashed in ASAP this season, but all have potential to get even better.

I've omitted Hutton simply because I think that's inevitable (just opinion mind)

Not sure why they would have bothered giving Wakeling such a long contract extension if they were planning to cash in at the first available opportunity, albeit everyone will have a price.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #51373 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 12:15:52 »

Not sure why they would have bothered giving Wakeling such a long contract extension if they were planning to cash in at the first available opportunity, albeit everyone will have a price.
Longer contract=higher transfer fee. Thats all there is to it.

Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #51374 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 12:16:57 »

Digging around it looks like their fans are saying he could play in the NL weirdly so there must be a loophole there...

Hey ho, maybe one for next season.
Pages: 1 ... 3422 3423 3424 [3425] 3426 3427 3428 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: