Pages: 1 ... 3423 3424 3425 [3426] 3427 3428 3429 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8975760 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #51375 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 12:22:16 »

Digging around it looks like their fans are saying he could play in the NL weirdly so there must be a loophole there...

Hey ho, maybe one for next season.
Yes because their transfer window isnt until the end of March.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #51376 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 12:29:55 »

There you go!
Oldwembley69

Ignore
« Reply #51377 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 12:30:17 »

Surely if he is OOC then he can go where he likes. Or does it not work like that?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #51378 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 12:36:51 »

Surely if he is OOC then he can go where he likes. Or does it not work like that?
No any OOC player has to have been released from his contract prior to deadline day and not after.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #51379 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 13:00:31 »

One would assume that he thinks he can go somewhere and be paid?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #51380 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 13:03:30 »

No any OOC player has to have been released from his contract prior to deadline day and not after.

I don’t know, but is there some sort of loophole if you leave because you haven’t been paid?

Would be a bit harsh if a club stopped paying you and you couldn’t go elsewhere to get paid
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #51381 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 13:09:57 »

I don’t know, but is there some sort of loophole if you leave because you haven’t been paid?

Would be a bit harsh if a club stopped paying you and you couldn’t go elsewhere to get paid

That's what I wondered, he hasn't been released from his contract in the normal sense, he has left due to this contract being breached, and I can see little reason for him walking unless he was under the impression he could earn those wages elsewhere?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #51382 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 13:47:21 »

No league rules are very strict, he can leave them and play for another conference level club but in the top 4 divisions, he would have had to have been OOC before 2st February, there MAY be a loophole if he had not been paid since January though. But late payments for february would negate that.

So he can still sign for a club in the same league without any issue 100%.

If he was paid late for January e.g. any date after 1st February then he is still techincally being paid after the deadline day.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #51383 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 14:14:13 »

Contracted for 2024 or beyond:

Hutton, Clayton, Devine, FBT, Iandolo, McEachran (option), Darcy, Cain, Aguiar, Khan, Adeloye, Wakeling, Shade, maybe Roberts

I don't think that's too bad, no? One or two we wouldn't mind seeing depart, but realistically that's a whole lot better as a starting point than we've had in the last two summers. Sign up Tomlinson, Lavinier (perhaps, nobody knows his contract length) and RHM (and ideally Williams but that seems less likely) and we're in good shape.

Maybe it's just me then, because that "core" looks scary, not a top three squad that just needs a little bit of a touch up.  Devine was good going forward in his single league game thus far, but pretty Hutton like going backwards.  Hutton seems intent on leaving.  Darcy has shown he is nothing more than a few flashes a game type of player, Cain has shown little more thus far, Aguiar will likely leave as he is clearly not really a League Two regular.  Adeloye - good lord.  Shade is utterly meh.

Basically you have three or four in contract players that should be better next season and worthy of first team competition, plus we lose our experience, what little is left.  Add Tomlinson and we have one position nailed down - Left Back, where we seemingly have four players likely in contract!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #51384 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 14:19:41 »

I mean, yes, if you ignore the good players in the list, the list does look bad.

I'm not saying it's a perfect out of the box squad, you never have that going into the summer at this level, but it's miles ahead of where we were the last two summers. Last summer we had only Iandolo, Gladwin, Williams, Reed, Ward and McKirdy in contract of the senior pros and the last two wanted to leave.

For context, last summer's out of contract list was: Wollacott, Odimayo, Conroy, Baudry (renewed), Lyden, Davison (Loan), Payne, Cooper (Loan), O'Brien (Loan), JML, Egbo, Barry (Loan), Tomlinson (Loan), Hunt, East, Parsons (renewed) which was basically 75% of our squad. This time it might be closer to half even including the loanees.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 6, 2023, 14:24:37 by Nemo » Logged
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #51385 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 14:38:44 »

Looks like they got their January wages last week and he had already begun the process of extricating himself, so may well not have been paid since last year.

Appreciate this is a total red herring and may well be impossible but it appealed to the dreamer in me more than getting some 38 year old or Gunning lacing up his boots!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #51386 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 14:54:41 »

Looks like they got their January wages last week and he had already begun the process of extricating himself, so may well not have been paid since last year.

Appreciate this is a total red herring and may well be impossible but it appealed to the dreamer in me more than getting some 38 year old or Gunning lacing up his boots!
I had spoke to a couple of fellow TEF'ers about Gunning as hes listed as number 27 in the players squad numbers.

As for the Polish lad at Southend, his agent has already held talks with Wrexham for a transfer, Notts County also interested.

Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #51387 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 15:11:19 »

I doubt Wrexham mess around. Interesting that their new owners immediately got Shaun Harvey in as an advisor and then appointed a CEO who had spent 25 years at Burton. My number one transfer target in the Summer would be an experienced football administrator to tidy up our operation. Dull but it might bring order where there currently seems to be chaos.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #51388 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 15:35:13 »

I mean, yes, if you ignore the good players in the list, the list does look bad.

I'm not saying it's a perfect out of the box squad, you never have that going into the summer at this level, but it's miles ahead of where we were the last two summers. Last summer we had only Iandolo, Gladwin, Williams, Reed, Ward and McKirdy in contract of the senior pros and the last two wanted to leave.

For context, last summer's out of contract list was: Wollacott, Odimayo, Conroy, Baudry (renewed), Lyden, Davison (Loan), Payne, Cooper (Loan), O'Brien (Loan), JML, Egbo, Barry (Loan), Tomlinson (Loan), Hunt, East, Parsons (renewed) which was basically 75% of our squad. This time it might be closer to half even including the loanees.
It's a shitter squad this year so retaining more is not necessarily a positive.   Unless we plan on playing 4 left backs it already looks imbalanced.    Loads to do even if we can keep George,  Clayton and Lavinier.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #51389 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 15:40:13 »

Ahh don't worry, we have super Sandro!
Pages: 1 ... 3423 3424 3425 [3426] 3427 3428 3429 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: