Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 147626 times)
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #765 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 07:51:33 »

It's good that all the individual points have been put to the club. However, rather than copying and pasting emails maybe the trust and official supporters club could collate the comments and then pose the questions in a concise way at the next AB. If they keep to this approach and hundreds of questions come in the next set of notes could be a v. long read.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #766 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 07:58:11 »

One thing people can do is continue to submit questions for the AB and, if they do, may I suggest that a more concise question may be harder to dodge. The Kiely point was buried in this word salad, and wasn't even posed as a direct question, hence the lack of answer:

"There are a lot of rumours and certainly there's something not quite right in the boardroom/football
management side. With regards to the club setting out season tickets for next year I feel that Chris Kiely and this
MPS data company should make clear just what role they have to play. It's glaringly obvious all is not well and the
silence from Clem, Zav, Sandro doesn't alleviate any fears. The Trust and us fans have all joined together for the
good of the club going forward but there's a cloud hanging over the County Ground.
Can we get some kind of honesty from the Club?. I've been a trust member from day one and defended you
vehemently but there's some nagging doubt bugging a lot of us. Please try to get some clarification and not just
piecemeal actual statements. ."

With what end goal? I don’t like any individuals with a criminal past being associated with the club either, but there is not a queue of people waiting to take on this loss making business. Perhaps what we have is the best we can currently hope for. We’ve a CEO to act as a check on the dealings going on, with help from a more involved Trust. That’s their role really, isn’t it? Making sure Austin and Hart (and Standing?) don’t take us back to the Power times.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #767 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 08:05:20 »

With what end goal? I don’t like any individuals with a criminal past being associated with the club either, but there is not a queue of people waiting to take on this loss making business. Perhaps what we have is the best we can currently hope for. We’ve a CEO to act as a check on the dealings going on, with help from a more involved Trust. That’s their role really, isn’t it? Making sure Austin and Hart (and Standing?) don’t take us back to the Power times.

The point I'm making is if there are people who would like questions answered for whatever reason (such as Mr T. Osser of Sandy Vagina Avenue), then they should at least form them in a way that is likely to illicit an answer!

To your point, the rod that the current regime have made for their own back is that they've trumpeted openness and transparency from the get go and then been anything but. I'd have more respect for them if, upon the takeover, they'd said "going forward there are going to be a shadowy cabal running this club but as long as things are okay on the pitch then don't ask any questions, capeesh?!"
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #768 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 08:28:55 »

The point I'm making is if there are people who would like questions answered for whatever reason (such as Mr T. Osser of Sandy Vagina Avenue), then they should at least form them in a way that is likely to illicit an answer!

To your point, the rod that the current regime have made for their own back is that they've trumpeted openness and transparency from the get go and then been anything but. I'd have more respect for them if, upon the takeover, they'd said "going forward there are going to be a shadowy cabal running this club but as long as things are okay on the pitch then don't ask any questions, capeesh?!"

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that Clem/Rob haven't been open, they have explained many times the different people involved and answered questions, while having an AB (which isn't perfect though), finance details given.

The issue people have is that they still do things that some fans don't want or don't go into the level of detail that people want and some times that would adversely impact the club e.g. what is our budget for the season.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #769 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 08:32:52 »

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that Clem/Rob haven't been open, they have explained many times the different people involved and answered questions, while having an AB (which isn't perfect though), finance details given.

The issue people have is that they still do things that some fans don't want or don't go into the level of detail that people want and some times that would adversely impact the club e.g. what is our budget for the season.

The issue for me as some have alluded to, is that who is handling the footballing side of things when Clem is away? The initial message was that Austin was brought in to cover that, but if he's not around then who's in charge? Sandro?  Hmmm
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #770 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 08:42:04 »

it's also that other than Austin and Sandro most of those involved were found by accident or by names appearing in the programme.

Does open and transparent extend to telling us who is who?
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #771 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 08:45:57 »

running to protect the trust/board as per usual. They haven’t been open at all. Clem we never hear from, at all, lets others run the club (which is fine if they have competency) but they clearly don’t. Zav Austin and Sandro been running this club clearly along with whoever else… Chris Kiely isn’t it? He’s another unofficial one. You talk about it being unfair to say they ain’t been open- we’ve had someone parading round with the tittle of Vice chairman for 18 months. 18 months they say he’s still at club but not VC, and hasn’t taken a Fit and proper persons test due to “legal advice”. That legal advice being he’d comprehensively fail one. The AB up to date has been a shambles. Pure tick box. New layout was refreshing and it needs to stay that way, and ensure all questions are answered properly and not swerved (how the CK one was in yesterdays mins).

Majority of us couldn’t give a fuck what the exact figure/number our budget is- just show us evidence that’s there’s intent and ambition - we haven’t seen that this season- instead we’ve seen our  most experienced players go and not replaced.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #772 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 08:49:50 »

The issue for me as some have alluded to, is that who is handling the footballing side of things when Clem is away? The initial message was that Austin was brought in to cover that, but if he's not around then who's in charge? Sandro?  Hmmm

I think Clem gives Rob the budget, Sandro, scouts identify players, Morris decides on the players (in consultation with Sandro), Rob says either here is the money or we can’t afford said player. I think judging by recent communications Sandro’s role may have been reigned in. That’s how I see it.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #773 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 08:54:23 »

One thing niggling me a little bit is the confidence from Rob Angus that we will be able to provide a healthy promotion winning budget for next season when but our current season ticket sales are currently low. (circa 1.1k so far) I'm assuming that our budget next season has to be increased to do so, but if season tickets are down (let's say we only shift 3k of them) is that going to be feasible given we are also looking to run sustainably?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #774 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 09:08:12 »

I think the recent posts above really are the nub of the issue we as supporters have with the club at the moment. To me there is no transparency if we as supporters are asking such fundamental questions as to who is actually running our club ? I agree that something Isn’t right and it needs to be fixed asap. It’s all very well for Rob Angus to try and rally support for next season but a huge opportunity was missed this year and I really can’t see things being any different next.

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #775 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 09:08:26 »

Whats happening at the moment is questions are asked, and they arent answered. its all well and good saying we asked the question but what are the Trust actually doing to ensure the shady characters are not involved? let me guess, the questions are being asked but in private.  Zzz why private? if the club are serious about openness and transparency every single person involved should be listed and their actual involvement detailed.  

Who is Chris Kiely and what is their involvement in the club?

We never get straight answers. Looking forward to the fans forum, although im sure it will be answered in a similar fashion of let us take this offline and get back to you. blah blah fucking blah

Regarding budget- we will match or even improve our attendances this season if they put together a competent team. simple as that. All this fan blaming oh you didnt back us so we had to cut our cloth, bollocks. Build it and we will come. Put out something like this season and get used to 5k crowds.

Zav- look at Birmingham recently getting punished for having 'relevant persons' involved without approval. This guy has been lording if up on Sky Sports as Vice Chairman and now you are trying to tell us oh nah thats a mistake, he never was. Wouldnt be surpised if we get the book thrown at us too.
How can Clem (having recently passed the Fit and Proper test himself ahead of the takeover), not of known Zav would have failed? We're being bare faced lied to. The *Trust* has been broken- why should we believe a single word we're told now?

Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #776 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 09:11:12 »

How much are we spending on lawyers fees if it is taking 18 months to work out if someone with Austin's past would fail a FPP test?!

I'd be happy to 'volunteer' my time for free in future. 5 mins on Google told me he wasn't going to pass.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #777 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 09:19:43 »

One thing niggling me a little bit is the confidence from Rob Angus that we will be able to provide a healthy promotion winning budget for next season when but our current season ticket sales are currently low. (circa 1.1k so far) I'm assuming that our budget next season has to be increased to do so, but if season tickets are down (let's say we only shift 3k of them) is that going to be feasible given we are also looking to run sustainably?

One would assume either Clem will whack more money in or seek third party investment, ultimately its up to Clem to reveal whether or not there is third party money in the club and assuming the requirements of Companies House and/or the FA/FA are met needs to report no further than that.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #778 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 10:22:40 »

running to protect the trust/board as per usual. They haven’t been open at all. Clem we never hear from, at all, lets others run the club (which is fine if they have competency) but they clearly don’t. Zav Austin and Sandro been running this club clearly along with whoever else… Chris Kiely isn’t it? He’s another unofficial one. You talk about it being unfair to say they ain’t been open- we’ve had someone parading round with the tittle of Vice chairman for 18 months. 18 months they say he’s still at club but not VC, and hasn’t taken a Fit and proper persons test due to “legal advice”. That legal advice being he’d comprehensively fail one. The AB up to date has been a shambles. Pure tick box. New layout was refreshing and it needs to stay that way, and ensure all questions are answered properly and not swerved (how the CK one was in yesterdays mins).

Majority of us couldn’t give a fuck what the exact figure/number our budget is- just show us evidence that’s there’s intent and ambition - we haven’t seen that this season- instead we’ve seen our  most experienced players go and not replaced.

I didn't say anything about the Trust?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #779 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 11:58:48 »

The answer provided on Zav is just plain odd - it's the one that made me suggest the Trust needs to do a different job here rather than it being a basic questions that receive prepped answers.

The guy has been turning up a the AB meeting, appearing in the press and generally parading as the Vice Chair - a title he was given publicly.  Quite clearly, that is not a guy who is just rocking up to watch the games as a friend.  If you were in the room when that answer was received, you'd spit your cup of tea out, sit up and spend the next 30 minutes grilling them.

I am not suggesting we will "get our way" - Clem can do what the fuck he likes.

We can however form judgements based on what answers we receive.  Right now I'd be loathe to trust a single answer based on the Zav one - going to spend a top 7 budget, are we though, really?  I actually assume we will, but you can see why some fans may not believe them,  You can see why some would start all sorts of conspiracy theories.  You can see why some would not want to part with the hard earned cash for a season ticket based on the evidence of the current season and such obvious "lies".

Anyway, my bigger bone of contention was more that nothing in the broader stuff - the vision, targets etc. gave me much confidence that a comprehensive operational plan is in place.  All the visual evidence suggests a club that isn't investing the basics, doesn't really have a master plan in place for the ground, doesn't seem to know how they will improve the club.  I commend the work done to right the ship, we've plugged some major holes in the hull, but we've put a bunch of cadets in charge and forgot to buy the sails, or an engine.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: