Pages: 1 ... 2556 2557 2558 [2559] 2560 2561 2562 ... 2660   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5192973 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #38370 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 19:17:30 »

That's a good time 5 miles in 1 hour 15 minutes Clap

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #38371 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 19:47:01 »

I just went out for a 5 mile walk, it look me 1 hour 15 minutes and according to my watch I burned off 590 calories.
I then got home and it took me about 3 minutes to eat a big bag of Munchies, which supposedly had 500 calories in.

I don’t know if I’m annoyed or proud?  Cheesy

I’d be fuming with my ill discipline.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #38372 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 19:49:06 »

He says smugly eating rice cakes after 13.93 miles, 25.5k steps, 169 zone minutes and 3322 calories burnt
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #38373 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 20:07:25 »

I’d be fuming with my ill discipline.

Oh I am.

Ive been pretty good this week. I have ran or walked at least 4 miles every day.
If my diet was even average, I’d be in pretty good shape, unfortunately, I have the biggest sweet tooth and love my junk food.

If I didn’t work out as much as I do, I’d be a very big bloke.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #38374 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 20:16:31 »

Oh I am.

Ive been pretty good this week. I have ran or walked at least 4 miles every day.
If my diet was even average, I’d be in pretty good shape, unfortunately, I have the biggest sweet tooth and love my junk food.

If I didn’t work out as much as I do, I’d be a very big bloke.

I was heading in that direction.

April 1st I decided I was going to make a massive effort to eat better (and track what I eat) and exercise more.

Turn 38 tomorrow and weight less than I have done in 10 years I think. My fitness is also back where it was about 6/7 years ago as well. Body Fat percentage down from 21% to 13.4%.

I’ve never been particularly over weight & until parenthood was always active enough (and with a quick enough metabolism) that I could eat whatever whatever and burn it off with ease. My body has really slow down the last 6/7 years.

…even contemplating (trying to) make an 11-a-side come back…
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #38375 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 20:23:15 »

What do you use to measure your body fat out of interest?

Funny you should say about playing football again, I’ve been debating it myself.
I was the same as you, I have always liked my food but was able to eat whatever I liked and burn it off. I’m 32 now, and have noticed a huge difference in my metabolism.

I put on 2 stone between June last year and beginning of this June, clothes that used to be loose were tight and it’s just a generally shit feeling.
I’ve always remained reasonably active throughout, but the constant food binges have finally started to catch up.

I’ve managed to lose 7lbs of it, just need to keep going now.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #38376 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 20:28:43 »

We have Fitbit scales. So when I step on them they calculate it purely from that.
Couldn’t tell you how accurate they are but as long as the number is coming down.

My ‘worst’ I just hit 12st

Mines mostly aesthetics. I don’t have a massive amount of body fat but it looks/feels like it all goes to my belly & no where else. So tops that used fit fine are now tight around the belly (with also pulls it out and makes some feel a bit tight around the shoulders) If I didn’t wear something baggy enough I looked about 3-4 months pregnant.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #38377 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 20:31:07 »

I still treat myself occasionally but because I log all my food in my Fitbit and count calories - if I know I’m eating out / having a take away I’ll ‘save’ my calories and/or beast myself running/walking to compensate.

Weather helps. Anything less than 5 miles away = walkable.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #38378 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 20:33:35 »

‘ A boss of a Premier League football club has been quizzed under caution over a historical allegation of rape, The Sun report.

The well-known football figure raped a teenage girl a number of years ago, it is being alleged.’
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #38379 on: Tuesday, June 20, 2023, 10:24:47 »

Humans are the worst.  Angry
Scum

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-65951188
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #38380 on: Tuesday, June 20, 2023, 10:48:24 »

A trivial thing that I don't understand/mildly annoys me is that the Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you seems to have become the "significant crimes thread"
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #38381 on: Tuesday, June 20, 2023, 11:40:49 »

That is trivial  Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #38382 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 07:49:38 »

After recent experiences travelling through London on the tube, I was going to have a mini rant about tourists getting in the way, but after watching a mini film on BBC breakfast about people living with dementia it got me seriously thinking about human behaviour in general - and mine.

In general, I am quite an impatient person and I can be pretty pathetic about it as well. For example if I am putting cutlery in the dishwasher and I miss the basket with a spoon, this really riles me and I get angry at the fucking spoon, as if it's deliberately bent itself (Uri Geller perhaps has some input!) to avoid the basket. When I'm commuting in London I HATE people with their heads in their phones generally getting in everyone's way and people with massive suitcases standing around also getting in the way. It stirs a kind of weird rage inside me.

But when I am driving, I've found that things that could irritate me, I am completely calm about. If I am driving to the station at 50 (which is the limit) and an impatient driver is behind me, it doesn't seem to bother me, likewise if a car aggressively skips a queue to try and get ahead, whilst I do shake my head at the behaviour, I will generally let them in, rather than stand my ground and make it difficult for them. A saying I try and adhere to is, well there is one idiot on the road, there is no need to make it 2.

Supermarkets are another place that rage me, again people on their phones in a world of their own (there is a pattern forming here) or people not ready at the checkouts confused etc. And this is where the BBC film hits me. What if these people are struggling with dementia and don't quite get how using 'plastic money'? How is me tutting and shaking my head going to help matters. Could I perhaps offer to help?

I guess for me, a stupid trivial 10 second delay is not going to kill anyone, why do I therefore get worked up about it? A mantra I live by is control the controllable, therefore when my trains home were all cancelled yesterday and I was severely delayed getting home, I didn't get worked up about it. I just got on the first available train somewhere close to home, (and got a lift from 2 very very kind strangers) no stress. But before then, even though I had left the office with plenty of time to get to the station, I was infuriated that I was being held up behind people with suitcases dawdling.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #38383 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 07:52:06 »

But when I am driving, I've found that things that could irritate me, I am completely calm about.

That's a funny one, because people often seem to be the other way around. My mother-in-law in particular turns into an absolute sociopath behind the wheel.

There's a lot to be said for trying to think the best of other people in life, and make allowances. It's not easy to do though.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #38384 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 07:59:46 »

I’ve got a work colleague who is a nightmare behind the wheel, too. To the point I’ve been in the van with him and he’s followed someone at speed because they cut him up, absolutely crazy.

I’m quite a laid back person in general, but one thing that really grates me and always has is my WhatsApp messages being ignored, when you can see they’ve been online.
I don’t care if it’s a friend, partner, parents, other family, if you’ve been on WhatsApp, just fucking reply to my message.  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 2556 2557 2558 [2559] 2560 2561 2562 ... 2660   Go Up
Print
Jump to: