Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 ... 211   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 380791 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1275 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 09:32:57 »

Do you have any defensive stats that either prove or disprove the notion that he can’t defend?

I mean, there aren't really (publicly available anyway, I'm sure the pros do) stats for defensive positioning, which to the untrained eye looks like his main issue. His stats for actually completing tackles/blocks etc. are fairly average.

I think a lot of the "Hutton can't defend" stuff comes from our tactics though - he's usually incredibly far up the pitch, often ahead of most of the midfield, way more than you'd usually expect from a full back. That means he gets involved in attacks lots (hence the assists) but it also means there tends to be a gaping hole where a conventional right back would be in defence.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1276 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 09:34:20 »

I'm not a data guy  Wink. I've watched him with my eyes and he can't defend. Doesn't win headers, weak in the tackle, gets physically bullied, positionally poor.

But I think he could be a very good winger at this level.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1277 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 09:37:49 »

I'm not a data guy  Wink. I've watched him with my eyes and he can't defend. Doesn't win headers, weak in the tackle, gets physically bullied, positionally poor.

But I think he could be a very good winger at this level.

I think Hutton has been exactly as Barrow fans said he'd be.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1278 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 09:59:01 »

I think a lot of the "Hutton can't defend" stuff comes from our tactics though - he's usually incredibly far up the pitch, often ahead of most of the midfield, way more than you'd usually expect from a full back. That means he gets involved in attacks lots (hence the assists) but it also means there tends to be a gaping hole where a conventional right back would be in defence.

Plus if he is that far up the pitch it tends to mean that there is no one playing directly in front of him, meaning that often when he is defending an attack the opponents can go 2 v.1 against him in the absence of any midfield cover, he may not be a great defender but its not helping him being exposed and expected to do it all on his own..
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1279 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 10:00:53 »

To be fair to Hutton, he was brought in to play as a wing back in a 3-5-2 so not a surprise that defending is not his strength
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1280 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 12:04:21 »

I still think Lavinier looks like he could be the better right back of the two.  I'd not be upset with both being retained.  It's the centre backs that need improving.  I know everyone like FBT, but he is a left back doing a decent job at centre back.  Hime and Tomlinson, assuming he signs, competing for left back is a good squad position to be in.  Clayton can fight it out, maybe Brewitt, but this season has shown us no combination is good enough for us to be getting consistently good results.  I think we need two proven centre backs brought in and release Iandolo, Devine and Harries, with Baudry retiring.  Minturn is then the back-up who can get minutes to enhance his development or be found a decent loan option.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #1281 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 12:17:21 »

Yes, for me FBT is left of a back three or a LB. He's wasted at CB as he is pretty dangerous going forwards. Definitely need two CBs in, with one experienced. Brewitt and Clayton are at least solid squad options as you say, hopefully more.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1282 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 18:00:42 »

Harries starts tonight. Didn't know he was back
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1283 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 18:02:15 »

He may impress Morris and end up with another contract.

So, give no fucks
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #1284 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 19:33:27 »

Who knew this fella played for us...?!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1285 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 23:20:56 »

Do you have any defensive stats that either prove or disprove the notion that he can’t defend?

God you are such a cunt to folk on here at the moment. Go and have a wank DV  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1286 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 23:28:37 »

God you are such a cunt to folk on here at the moment. Go and have a wank DV  Pint

Just questioning people views.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1287 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 23:40:43 »

Just questioning people views.

Yeah but your approach might be a bit different. You've continually banged the Morris is wank drum for a bit. Whether satirically or seriously, it's nearly as tedious as people who flatly and continually bash SdM - I've bashed him at times but there does become a point when it needs to be tempered a smidge and recognised as such.

I get it though, we have similarities in that respect so I'm possibly identifying something from yourself that I recognise in myself.

It can feel good at times to not feel like we have to be right about everything - as difficult as that can sometimes be to swallow.

Hope you're well man. Meditation and Tai Chi are wonderful things  Smiley

====

Anyway...Squad List...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1288 on: Thursday, March 30, 2023, 14:17:03 »

You did call me a sad twat for voting in the MOTM poll and thinking that my vote was all about you.. but on the whole I agree with your post.

This place would be a much nicer place if there was more discussion and less trolling and sanctimony on here, but I get that we are all guilty of that at times..  it just the repetitiveness and circle following that becomes tiresome...  only my view of course, but it does determine how much i come on here and how much i post these days.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1289 on: Thursday, March 30, 2023, 16:58:13 »

it's really difficult when deadlocked in opposing views not to go round in circles

leave it and move on is fine in theory, but I often go Columbo...'just one more thing'
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 ... 211   Go Up
Print
Jump to: