Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 ... 202   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 356040 times)
DMC

« Reply #1230 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 14:28:51 »

Not sure we did tbh. Macdonald there were other issues, Reed was out of favour all season and Gladwin wanted to go with Lindsey. Gladwin is injured and Reed has played 0 times i think
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1231 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 14:30:07 »

Reed played twice before getting injured.
Been out since beginning of Feb.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1232 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 14:33:09 »

Gladwin played 72 minutes yesterday
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1233 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 14:38:28 »

Do we know that Gladwin wanted to leave? He looked like a hostage in his Crawley signing pics. He had said before that he wanted to finish his career at Swindon (I think!). And if he did, we should be asking why a player wants to leave a supposed promotion push for a relegation battle and possibly playing non-league next year.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1234 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 14:40:30 »

Wasn't Gladwin out of contract in the summer and Clem got a small fee for him🤔

So, give no fucks
DMC

« Reply #1235 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 14:43:00 »

Gladwin played 72 minutes yesterday
Ah he is back then
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #1236 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 14:48:18 »

He was, as was Reed, but the cost of not getting promoted and lost season ticket sales, which will likely be a fair few, is going to be more than any paltry sum that we got for them. There was a brilliant L2 player in Reed. He left the club after Lindsey. Surely it was worth seeing if another manager could get a tune out of him. Morris knows a thing or two about diminutive central midfielders...
It has been one giant disorganised, ill-thought through clusterf***, and if the club don't come out and hold their hands up and say how they are going to avoid a repeat then I think they are going to see season ticket sales stall. And then we are on a shoestring for next year...

And I'm not giving the club the credit for the ground purchase either. They got a one in a lifetime bequest from a benefactor and took an existing deal that the Trust had with the council and trustees. Clem just happened to be a) in the seat when the music stopped and b) not Lee Power.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1237 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 14:57:55 »

I get that, but if Reed isnt going to sign a new contract, surely its better to cash in instead of getting nothing for him? Apparently he came back to pre season training the most out of shape out of the squad. No wonder the manager didnt fancy him.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1238 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 15:01:33 »

Cant win.

We sell him and everyone thinks we should have kept him
We keep him for the rest of the season and he leaves for free and everyone thinks we should have sold him.

He wouldn’t have made a blind bit of difference to our season.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #1239 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 15:04:04 »

Not sure we did tbh. Macdonald there were other issues, Reed was out of favour all season and Gladwin wanted to go with Lindsey. Gladwin is injured and Reed has played 0 times i think
RA said on OSC that we are expected to lose £500k this year.   Would have thought it would have been another £250k without the sales in Jan.  Can't believe that was the expectation at start of the season.

Clearly been a disaster on the pitch, and we are worse than last year in almost every position.   Strategy and application have to change.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1240 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 15:13:48 »

We should have kept Rob Hunt his experience and versatility is just what we've needed.

So, give no fucks
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #1241 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 15:18:38 »

Given that neither Hutton nor Lavinier can defend, I agree that an actual RB would have been a good idea!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1242 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 15:21:16 »

Yet, all that said, matchday attendances haven’t diminished despite the poor fare on offer. If STs do fall next season, I reckon the biggest reason will be the general cost of living crisis.

9,500 yesterday when the season has already fallen apart was phenomenal.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #1243 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 15:25:20 »

They count every season ticket in the attendances whether they go or not. Many I know have stopped going this season, and obviously Stockport took a decent following. We won't know until August but the mood music around me isn't great. There will always be the nutters there (I'm off to Hartlepool...  Pint) but suspect there will be a drop off in some who came back post-Power. They've absolutely blown it this season and need to make a major statement of intent, starting with a public revision of the transfer strategy, ASAP if they are to maintain any goodwill from the floating voters.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1244 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 15:28:56 »

With the growth of Swindon and surrounding areas there's a whole new fanbase  being tapped into let's hope Clem & Sandro don't blow it.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 ... 202   Go Up
Print
Jump to: