Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How far away....  (Read 6003 times)
Melksham Red

« on: Thursday, December 1, 2005, 15:12:18 »

would the club move before they loose their identity and you stop supporting them. I'm just trying to guage opinion as there seems to be quite differing views between Swindon based fans and those who travel to home games.

For me personally a move out of the county would definatley spell the end for me. The club has always been a Wiltshire club, it's our home and the vast majority of support is obviously from within the county. I feel a move to Glous, Oxon or Berks would see us lose our identity. If the club stayed close to the Borough in east or north Wilts then IMO there is no problem. The club would still be sufficiently close enough to it's natural home. Any further than that or a move out of the county then it would cease to be Swindon Town FC, in my eyes.

I still hope it doesn't come to that and the club and SBC can resolve this mess.
STFC Village

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 1, 2005, 15:15:19 »

Agreed Melksham, i'd support the team as long as they stayed within Wiltshire
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 1, 2005, 15:16:31 »

In our case if the team moved away id continue to support to the team no matter what, because I feel we havent moved away by our own choice, rather been forced away by the SBC who for the record I hope all die...
Melksham Red

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, December 1, 2005, 15:19:32 »

Quote from: "DV85"
who for the record I hope all die...

I know it's not a very intelligent thing to say but I second that. Oh, and you missed out the "of AIDS" bit.
fatbury

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, December 1, 2005, 15:21:27 »

New Zealand is a bit far ...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, December 1, 2005, 15:22:19 »

Quote from: "Melksham Red"
Quote from: "DV85"
who for the record I hope all die...

I know it's not a very intelligent thing to say but I second that. Oh, and you missed out the "of AIDS" bit.

They are as good as wishing death upon my football club, therefore I wish the same to them.

I would miss STFC just as much as their families would miss them, probably more seen as they are concil workers  Cheesy
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, December 1, 2005, 15:23:38 »

Must stay in the county and in the local vicinity.  Any moves towards south/west Wiltshire would be the end for me too.

I hope no one dies.
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, December 1, 2005, 15:24:19 »

anywhere inside wiltshire will be ok, as long as we keep the name swindon town fc. i'm not supporting wiltshire fc!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, December 1, 2005, 15:27:10 »

So just south of Salisbury and you'd be ok with it?

Fuck that.
mattboyslim

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, December 1, 2005, 15:27:29 »

The thing is as we are pretty near the county boundary, a (albeit highly unfeasabel/illegal) move to Salibaury or South Wilts would be too far, but I could maybe accept being about 7 miles away from Town just over the border with Gloucs the other side of Cricklade (again no chance) as they say its swings and roundabouts.
Melksham Red

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, December 1, 2005, 15:27:39 »

Like Jan says, even south or west wilts is unacceptable whereas east or north is, IMO.
STFC Village

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, December 1, 2005, 15:29:48 »

Quote from: "janaage"
So just south of Salisbury and you'd be ok with it?

Fuck that.
When times is tight, Jan.

Don't get me wrong, i'd be thoroughly pissed off with a move out of the borough, but if it meant the survival of the club i love, i could put up with it.
Melksham Red

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, December 1, 2005, 15:31:19 »

The thing is, for fans in Swindon a short trip over the Pox,Berks or Glous border isn't such a long way or big deal because it's just down the road.
Piemonte

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, December 1, 2005, 15:33:05 »

Its got to be around 10 miles from Swindon for me. any further and its no longer STFC in my eyes
STFC Village

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, December 1, 2005, 15:33:39 »

I'd agree Monte
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: