Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 224279 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #1185 on: Thursday, January 21, 2021, 14:59:03 »

I like Sheridan
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #1186 on: Thursday, January 21, 2021, 15:23:51 »

I like Sheridan

You see, that's what too much sun and sangria does to you. I, on the other hand, have a plentiful supply of snow and other spirit to retain all my marbles. Smiley
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1187 on: Thursday, January 21, 2021, 18:01:36 »

He has not been taking training at all

I meant Jewell, not El Shezza.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Big Smith

Ignore
« Reply #1188 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 11:24:50 »

I would like them to give Matt Taylor a go, think he coaching the west ham youth at present.
Oldwembley69

Ignore
« Reply #1189 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 12:16:57 »

Matt Taylor a good option, he's working with Tottenham youth at the moment. One other who has had some success at lower levels is Julian Dicks. Sure he would not take any crap
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1190 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 12:18:37 »

Matt Taylor a good option, he's working with Tottenham youth at the moment. One other who has had some success at lower levels is Julian Dicks. Sure he would not take any crap
Perfect, all we have to do now is get rid of Sheridan.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #1191 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 10:38:30 »

Saw Darren Ward say that he’s writing his CV up when quote tweeting the news Sheridan had resigned. Would take him, proper professional and was a bit slow with us but always felt like he gave his all and cared about the club.
Flashheart

« Reply #1192 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 11:00:15 »

Darren Ward strikes me as intelligent. Probably the type that would be respected by players as well. I wouldn't be averse to giving him a try.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1193 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 11:01:31 »

I’d be happy with someone like that, or someone like Matt Taylor.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1194 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 11:06:10 »

I think we are stuck with Wright until the end of the season, Lee Peacs could well learn the ropes a bit too from him.

When the takeover happens from whichever source it is I am sure that they will have a plan of action and bring in a manager who fits their bill.

I am certain that Clem will have identified his managerial target/s already and if the ABLE group are indeed real and actually interested in the football side of things rather than just the development side then they too will have a plan of action and a manager ready to go, as it were.

If either of these don't have a plan of action with recruitment already then they haven't thought the takeover through fully enough.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1195 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 11:23:37 »

All this just adds impetus to the need to get the ownership situation sorted ASAP. Whoever does take over is going to have pretty much rebuild the whole club, not just the 1st team, seems it's been pretty much hollowed out, and they're going to need to hit the ground running. 3 months isn't a whole lot of time to rebuild, if you want to look at it as a positive they will be starting with a clean slate. New manager will be able to rebuild the side pretty much how he wants*, or at least build it around Taylor Curran.

* in terms of not being hampered by existing contracted players, budgetary constraints aside
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1196 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 11:39:42 »

All this just adds impetus to the need to get the ownership situation sorted ASAP. Whoever does take over is going to have pretty much rebuild the whole club, not just the 1st team, seems it's been pretty much hollowed out, and they're going to need to hit the ground running. 3 months isn't a whole lot of time to rebuild, if you want to look at it as a positive they will be starting with a clean slate. New manager will be able to rebuild the side pretty much how he wants*, or at least build it around Taylor Curran.

* in terms of not being hampered by existing contracted players, budgetary constraints aside

Exactly this.

It's at this time of year that the backroom staff have pretty much an idea of who they want to offer contracts to, they probably have a list of players in key positions that they can go after in order to build their team and squad for next season. For us, we are so far behind in next season's planning it's untrue. And until we can get the ownership side sorted out we can't really move that forward at all.

I would imagine that given the carnage behind the scenes, next to no players are going to want to stay given they have no idea who they are going to be working under, the style of football adopted, the 'project' on offer etc. It looks like the best case scenario is this is sorted in May and the owners can very quickly bed in with their plans, get the new management team in charge, (who hopefully have already done their due diligance on the playing side) get contracts signed for the out of contract players they want to keep as well as attempt to bring in the players that will fit their chosen playing style yadda yadda. We are going to be miles off it come the start of next season aren't we?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #1197 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 12:07:06 »

Pains me to write this, but someone I know who has close links to Mark Cooper says that there is definitely something in yesterday's report linking him to return. Trying to find out more, but sounds like one of the prospective owners has sounded him out as their choice.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1198 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 12:20:22 »

I think we are stuck with Wright until the end of the season, Lee Peacs could well learn the ropes a bit too from him.

When the takeover happens from whichever source it is I am sure that they will have a plan of action and bring in a manager who fits their bill.

I am certain that Clem will have identified his managerial target/s already and if the ABLE group are indeed real and actually interested in the football side of things rather than just the development side then they too will have a plan of action and a manager ready to go, as it were.

If either of these don't have a plan of action with recruitment already then they haven't thought the takeover through fully enough.

Even if the ownership thing is done and dusted this month (not a cat in hells chance in my humble opinion) I fear that short of some sort of recruitment miracle in terms of manager and playing staff then a mid table write off is the best we can hope for next season, not allowing for any potential for points reductions.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1199 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 12:20:50 »

We’ve had worse managers than Mark Cooper. Personally, I’m not one for revisiting previous managers, but if he is appointed I could live with it.

I’d still rather go down what has proved to be our most successful route of young, inexperienced managers.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: