Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225594 times)
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #1215 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 15:35:49 »

Agree about previous managers, however I would happily have Wellens back under new ownership/Clem.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1216 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 15:54:18 »

Would still look at someone like Challinor. Has been progressive and actually appears to take his time (we know it dissipates a bit as you go up the leagues) but has done well.

Great spell with Fylde and also now getting Hartlepool back into the EFL it would appear. Snap him up with a new regime for next season. I think he would have the tools and the "warchest" (not a term I like) to get Town back up at the first time of asking.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1217 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 18:09:50 »

Copper?! Reall?! I share JJ’s sentiments, if any prospective owner is really considering him I’d already be questioning their judgement. A bitter and odious individual, even when things were going ok here very few were able to bring themselves to sing his name!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1218 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 19:03:26 »

Nobody, lets just go by player committee and get some coaches in.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1219 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 23:08:01 »

Nobody, lets just go by player committee and get some coaches in.

I think the players would definitely get more motivation from a "Barnes" than they ever got from El Dino  Grin

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1220 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 05:52:51 »

Gareth Barry
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #1221 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 11:36:10 »

Someone that can string a coherent sentence together would be nice.  It stuns me just how thick many English Managers are (which is actually not a surprise given our player development model in this country).  When you hear people complain about foreign Managers holding all the top jobs, it becomes clear why when you hear Steve Bruce try and talk about the game.

Them English managers - I'd like to know at which point in their training they unlearn the ability to say "those"
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1222 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 13:52:40 »

Agree about previous managers, however I would happily have Wellens back under new ownership/Clem.

I agree to some extent, Wellens would be the one I would make an exception for, but part of me agrees with moving on due to the way he left, where his family is located and the baggage that would be brought with him with a section of our fans.

If I could have Wellens managerial style and tactical strategy along with his capability of uniting a club /fanbase but it not being Wellens himself, then that would be the perfect scenario.  We need to talk to Dr Football Frankenstein to see what he can come up with Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1223 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 14:06:11 »

I agree to some extent, Wellens would be the one I would make an exception for, but part of me agrees with moving on due to the way he left, where his family is located and the baggage that would be brought with him with a section of our fans.

If I could have Wellens managerial style and tactical strategy along with his capability of uniting a club /fanbase but it not being Wellens himself, then that would be the perfect scenario.  We need to talk to Dr Football Frankenstein to see what he can come up with Cheesy

as i keep saying with wellens, loved the guy- was fantastic for us both on and off the pitch UNTIL the end. lets say we get him back- if we do well we know he would jump ship as he wants to get to the top, if we stagnate or struggle we know he would jump ship as he's scared off tarnishing his CV.

The above scenario could work for any young manager however we openly know that he has form on the above and isn't afraid to say it on his way out. 
Panda Paws

« Reply #1224 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 14:13:35 »

When you think about what a shit show this club is, is it any wonder Wellens took the first job he could?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1225 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 14:46:28 »

When you think about what a shit show this club is, is it any wonder Wellens took the first job he could?

I am not sure that really stacks up though, you would have to be some sort of numb nuts to keep banging on about loyalty if you were planning to leave due to the state of the club.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1226 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 15:54:15 »

If I could have Wellens managerial style and tactical strategy along with his capability of uniting a club /fanbase but it not being Wellens himself, then that would be the perfect scenario.  We need to talk to Dr Football Frankenstein to see what he can come up with Cheesy
At the time, yes, it did feel like a kick in the teeth. But events have shown he was right to leave. He knew which way the wind was blowing, knew about the ownership issue and that the shit was about to hit the fan big time. Power let him down just as he did everyone else. Give him a stable ownership and a half decent budget and he’ll get us up again.

Still don’t think he’d come back, though, so I’d go for the inexperienced young manager route.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1227 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 16:45:08 »

Would have Wellens back under new ownership at a heartbeat.
Unfortunately don’t think it will happen.
Hunk

« Reply #1228 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 17:03:16 »

I am not sure that really stacks up though, you would have to be some sort of numb nuts to keep banging on about loyalty if you were planning to leave due to the state of the club.

I can’t remember the precise words or the context, but perhaps he was referring to the loyalty others should show to him (ie the bigwigs), rather than his own to the club? Could maybe construe his words as merely clumsy rather than misleading in that light. Or I could be talking complete bollocks, either are possible
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #1229 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 17:07:08 »

Would take anyone young and upcoming. Guess Wellens would fall into that category. Would love to see Peacock in around the coaching team, they played with enthusiasm yesterday... I’m sure he was vital towards that - especially with advice to Tyler Smith up top
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: