Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 224292 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1140 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 18:25:07 »

He's a very passionate man, and I feel we could do with a bit of that now !
Ah the old ‘passion’ argument, passion doesn’t trump ability. He’s a bit of dickhead in my opinion, his sitting in the Townend stunt to try and get the job here was all very pathetic.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1141 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 18:37:48 »

The what?

I did mention it in the same sentence prior to using the shorthand. Someone else got there but yes P-MP would be Post-Match Presser  

But please do try to keep on topic  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1142 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 18:38:12 »

I don't pretend to know all the details behind it, but his leaving Grimsby was not all to do with what happened on the pitch.

He was unhappy with the way the club was being run. Grimsby insisted on a 'covid clause' in the players new contracts, which Holloway felt contributed to him failing to keep several of his main players (not too different from Welllens !).

It was when a convicted fraudster, Alex May was being courted as an investor, that Holloway felt the need to 'go public !  He was sick of the owners and potential investors “playing politics” and, despite saying “I’m not going anywhere”, there was also the rather ominous line “if speaking this openly brings about my demise then so be it”.

It was soon after that he left the club. I'm not saying that's the only reason he left, as results had been going downhill, but I feel  he became disheartened by it all.
Yep, Grimsby's a basket case. Doesn't alter the fact he did a shit job. And we're not exactly the paragon of stability right now are we?

He's a very passionate man, and I feel we could do with a bit of that now !
Ah well then let's appoint Swiss Toni. Passionate != good.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #1143 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 18:41:07 »

I already stated who we should go for and would be realistic considering the circumstances. And nope, it's not Andy Pandy.

'Incessant Nonsense'

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1144 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 19:44:27 »

I already stated who we should go for and would be realistic considering the circumstances. And nope, it's not Andy Pandy.
Ah, well, that's that sorted out then. Mods close the thread.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #1145 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 20:35:09 »

Ah, well, that's that sorted out then. Mods close the 573rd "New Manager" thread.

FIFY  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1146 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 09:13:46 »

Jewell is clearing doing a lot of the prep behind the scenes and not just transfers. Tactical work too.

Clearly, based on what, unless you have been attending training sessions not sure how anyone can make such a far ranging statement? If Jewell is doing the coaching and tactics work I would suggest he is not the answer to our problems as we are still doing pretty shit on his watch.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1147 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 10:12:13 »

Absolute no way he is making those signings

The logical assumption from this is that Jewell is making them then.

If so can we then assume he’s been doing all the transfers all along and signed all that garbage in the summer? Yet also the good signings last season?

Such a massive contrast is quality of the last 18 months or so. It’s not even like it’s been inconsistent a few good here and the odd bad one there. It’s either been largely all good or all bad
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1148 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 10:48:33 »

I know its a rehash of the post match interview but...

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/19022848.john-sheridan-defends-taylor-curran-criticism/

Well thats us told, you have won me over Mr Sheridan, I now fully back you and Taylor Curran, you are doing a great job. You have won lots of fans over with these comments I am sure that we can all see it from your point of view now.

Make sure that when you do leave you dig your head out from the sandpit before you leave.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1149 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 11:02:05 »

...how many Town managers other than Sheridan have managed to give us a win over Oxford and a win on TV.

All he’s missing is a cup tie and he’s got the holy grail.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1150 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 11:05:43 »

...how many Town managers other than Sheridan have managed to give us a win over Oxford and a win on TV.

🤣🤣
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1151 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 11:09:00 »

Actually we aren't as bad on TV as most of us think, our record is similar to most clubs outside of the Prem according to the stats on stfc.co.uk but we did go through a stage of losing a few in the 90's.

For Oxford, every Town manager pre 2000 had some form of success vs the old enemy.

But yes I will always remember winning vs Oxford, Rovers and Ipswich definately, but they were his only 3 wins in the 13 games he managed, which really isn't good enough.

The defeat home to MKD was up there with the worst performances I have seen in 45 years of watching us which instantly negates at least the winning on tv and Rovers games on it own.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1152 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 11:12:39 »

What’s that coming over the hill, Shezza?

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1153 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 11:27:08 »

Actually we aren't as bad on TV as most of us think, our record is similar to most clubs outside of the Prem according to the stats on stfc.co.uk but we did go through a stage of losing a few in the 90's.

For Oxford, every Town manager pre 2000 had some form of success vs the old enemy.

But yes I will always remember winning vs Oxford, Rovers and Ipswich definately, but they were his only 3 wins in the 13 games he managed, which really isn't good enough.

The defeat home to MKD was up there with the worst performances I have seen in 45 years of watching us which instantly negates at least the winning on tv and Rovers games on it own.

Oh, no doubt our results under his tenure are just as awful as they were under Wellens but he’s done two things in 13 games a lot of Town managers probably haven’t done.

Was just trying to think back...as to who else would have.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1154 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 11:37:17 »

Was just trying to think back...as to who else would have.
The last manager to win on live TV, beat Oxford and Rovers was Steve MacMahon. Prior to that Glenn Hoddle and before him Lou Macari.

Probably the only time Sheridan is on any list of Swindon managers alongside such illustious company, 1 taking us the the Premier League and the other 2 winning us league titles!

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: