Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225565 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #1200 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 12:24:51 »

Mark Cooper got us closer to the Championship than we have been long before or since. Played some good football along the way.

Still a bit of a dick, though.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #1201 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 12:28:28 »

There does seem some good options in non league that would be worth a punt. Long Throw Challinor, Matt Gray, Pete Wild or Luke Garrard are more enticing than the usual dross on the merry-go-round.

There will be some good options amongst the coaches and assistants higher up as well. Adam Murray applied last time and looks to have had a great education at Barnsley the past few seasons as assistant. One of those who focuses highly on marginal gains and is a bit more new school. Mansfield was probably too soon for him earlier on in his career.

Rather entertain the above routes than interviewing likes of Cooper et al
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #1202 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 12:29:53 »

Urgh. Mark Cooper?

I'd prefer to have Andy King back
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1203 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 12:31:55 »

Get the ouiji board out!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1204 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 12:42:38 »

I'm guessing that Able will have taken some consultancy on board re new manager & recruitment.
Maybe from a former player or an agent or both.  Hmmm

We've not gone down the managerial route of plucking somebody out of an obscure foreign league yet.
Maybe Venezuelan Stalin Rivas could be persuaded to cross the pond to lead the relentless march of the red army through the divisions.

Other than that, as a rookie option, our former nemesis Alex Revell has done a good job in making Stevenage competitive this season.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1205 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 12:45:53 »

Someone that can string a coherent sentence together would be nice.  It stuns me just how thick many English Managers are (which is actually not a surprise given our player development model in this country).  When you hear people complain about foreign Managers holding all the top jobs, it becomes clear why when you hear Steve Bruce try and talk about the game.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1206 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 13:00:37 »

Pains me to write this, but someone I know who has close links to Mark Cooper says that there is definitely something in yesterday's report linking him to return. Trying to find out more, but sounds like one of the prospective owners has sounded him out as their choice.
er, thanks for passing it on, I think.

don't particularly dislike him as such, but don't particularly want him back either. we go again

he did ok here, but had the likes of Luongo and Kassim (supurb for half a season)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1207 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 13:05:35 »

I would rather slide down the serrated edge of a rusty saw using my balls as brakes than Cooper returning, but thats just my painful opinion.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1208 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 13:09:56 »

I would rather slide down the serrated edge of a rusty saw using my balls as brakes than Cooper returning, but thats just my painful opinion.
Put you down as a maybe then PV?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1209 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 13:24:26 »

It’s rumoured that’s available for a price up in London 😉
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 13:42:57 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1210 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 13:34:40 »

I'd like someone that sees it as a project, if we can get decent ownership then someone that can see potential and is willing to stick around or see's that if they achieve lasting success then they enhance their reputation and have a chance of a big job.

A bit like what Wilder done with Sheff Utd stuck around and took them through the leagues eventually.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1211 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 13:59:36 »

Put you down as a maybe then PV?
Erring towards a no...
It’s rumoured that’s available for a price up in London 😉
And Manchester Road....I have heard Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1212 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 14:21:44 »

A return by Cooper would be a disappointment.

Nothing to see here
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1213 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 14:25:05 »

I am with you there..  The only reason I would happily take Cooper is if the only other options were Sheridan, Hart or Malpas - other than that, if we are really going to try to have a fresh start, let's REALLY have a fresh start..  stop with this previous manager/players bullshit.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1214 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 15:33:03 »

Erring towards a no...And Manchester Road....I have heard Wink

Other places and establishments are available as is oft said on TV.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: