Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Booked Holidays - what's happening with yours?  (Read 32017 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 13:10:02 »

Where you moving to?

Bit further north than you...West of Scotland.  Started the new job (to be based in Glasgow after lockdown) earlier this month.  But the house sale/family move is prob now going to take a while longer.  Aiming, eventually, to be somewhere north of Glasgow & left of Stirling.  Trying not to worry about what I can't change anyway.  : )
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 13:25:56 by Ardiles » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 14:29:11 »

Bit further north than you.  West of Scotland.  Started the new job (based in Glasgow after lockdown) earlier this month.  But the house sale/family move is prob now going to take a while longer.  Trying not to worry about what I can't change anyway.  : )

Cool, see you every time we play Carlisle then!  Wink Cheesy

Mate of mine moved from Witney to the borders a few years back when they realised they could get a much better house and much better quality of life for them and their kids, they have never looked back.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 14:36:45 »

Aiming, eventually, to be somewhere north of Glasgow & left of Stirling. 
Grab a bargain at Ferguslie Park in Paisley, you can buy a whole street for the cost of a Mars Bar (battered of course) Cheesy

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-51234467

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 15:54:14 »

Cool, see you every time we play Carlisle then!  Wink Cheesy

Mate of mine moved from Witney to the borders a few years back when they realised they could get a much better house and much better quality of life for them and their kids, they have never looked back.

Thanks.  Trying not to count too many chickens, because selling a house is not particularly easy at the moment.  But I've already worked out that even though we're likely to be 45 mins the other side of Glasgow, we should have 4, maybe 5, games within a 4 hr drive next season (Sunderland, Blackpool, Accrington, Rochdale & maybe Fleetwood).  And another 3 within 4½ hrs (Crewe, Barnsley & Doncaster).

Grab a bargain at Ferguslie Park in Paisley, you can buy a whole street for the cost of a Mars Bar (battered of course) Cheesy

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-51234467

I could never do that.  My Scottish team is Morton, and they don't get on well with St Mirren.  And Paisley's a hell hole.  (Edit: with some wonderful, but rapidly fading, Victorian architecture.)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 15:56:56 by Ardiles » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 16:11:27 »

selling a house is not particularly easy at the moment. 

Isn't it much like selling a football club (or making love to a beautiful woman!)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 16:50:54 »

But I've already worked out that even though we're likely to be 45 mins the other side of Glasgow, we should have 4, maybe 5, games within a 4 hr drive next season (Sunderland, Blackpool, Accrington, Rochdale & maybe Fleetwood).  And another 3 within 4½ hrs (Crewe, Barnsley & Doncaster).

Plymouth?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 17:25:29 »

I could never do that.  My Scottish team is Morton, and they don't get on well with St Mirren.  And Paisley's a hell hole.  (Edit: with some wonderful, but rapidly fading, Victorian architecture.)
My unofficial adopted Scottish team is St Johnstone as my Swindon supporting mate is a season ticket holder there as he now lives in Alyth between Dundee and Perth.

He chose St J as there is a huge relgious rivalry between the 2 Dundee clubs and he didnt want anything to do with that sort of Scottish relegious crap.

Dundee are like a mini Rangers and United a mini Celtic.

I went with him to a game between Saints and Partick Thistle and it really is a dire standard of entertainment, that said...Partick had about half the 3k crowd and supported their club well despite them being rock bottom at the time and relegated this season too, top to bottom fall almost!

With the 1-0 win on that day by a penalty it made sure that Saints qualified for Europe!

I would think that our team would have easily beaten both teams that day and maybe we should move our club to Scotland where we would be consitantly in the Europa League.

Maybe you should be Swindons Scottish scout!

I used to watch Scots Premier games whenever I stayed in Scotland as until 2018 the BBC had rights and my mother in law lived in Edinburgh from 2003 till her death in 2017 so got to know the Jockenese league and players quite well and barring Rangers and Celtic (including Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts - sorry BO) hardly a single player up there at any of the clubs would even get into our current team IMO.

Adam Rooney even managed to score double figures in almost every season up there and Hylton and Storey are regular starters.

Anyway enjoy your new home when you locate it mate!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 17:42:08 »

He chose St J as there is a huge relgious rivalry between the 2 Dundee clubs and he didnt want anything to do with that sort of Scottish relegious crap.

That's exactly my take on the Old Firm.  My wife's home town is an hour from Glasgow, but still dominated by Rangers & Celtic fans.  I can't stand the religious bigotry that's linked to the rivalry.

Apologies to 4D for diverting the thread a bit.  Wasn't my intention.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 18:43:08 »

From a quick look at the terms and conditions I should be able to get all accommodation and transfer costs refunded but bugger all from the flights. Is there any way to get that back, I paid by credit card?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 18:57:02 »

From a quick look at the terms and conditions I should be able to get all accommodation and transfer costs refunded but bugger all from the flights. Is there any way to get that back, I paid by credit card?
only if it's cancelled, unless you have some miraculous insurance.

the airline have to give you a refund by law (if they don't go bust), which should be within 14 days but good luck with that.

we've got fucking Ryanair to contend with if it comes to it.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 18:58:24 »

Ah, me too  Smiley

What if I paid a travel company the deposit and they used that deposit to pay the flights? Technically I didn't pay the carrier  Smiley
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 19:03:39 by 4D » Logged
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 19:26:38 »

A quick internet search may assist in finding answers

Nothing to see here
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 19:59:23 »

Bit further north than you...West of Scotland.  Started the new job (to be based in Glasgow after lockdown) earlier this month.  But the house sale/family move is prob now going to take a while longer.  Aiming, eventually, to be somewhere north of Glasgow & left of Stirling.  Trying not to worry about what I can't change anyway.  : )

Moving up there is going to fuck up your midsummer madness... practically in the Arctic Circle, should be good foran aurora or two.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 20:21:00 »

Moving up there is going to fuck up your midsummer madness... practically in the Arctic Circle, should be good foran aurora or two.

Yeah, I know.  There is that.  Roll Eyes
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 17:37:53 »

looks like Tui are restarting holidays to the baliarics, canaries and Greece subject to government rules
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: