Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Booked Holidays - what's happening with yours?  (Read 31960 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 22:21:04 »

Supposed to be going to Spain this summer but I have no idea where we will be with regard to lockdown and quarantine etc. Anyone had any dealings with their travel company and where are we likely to stand with refunds?
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 22:48:11 »

Had a stag booked to Lisbon at the end of May, with Ryan Air. They still ran the flight but offered a change of date for free. I asked them for a refund, but they said no. I asked my travel insurance (who paid out on the volcano ash cloud thing a few years ago) for a refund and they also said no. Now I've asked the credit card provider that I booked it with for a chargeback but not expecting an answer for about another 4 weeks. FCO advise at the time was not to travel. At the moment I'm thinking its £200+ gone.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 22:58:10 »

Booked with Villa Plus...week in a Villa in Croatia, due to fly out a week ago today.

Important is that I booked villa AND flights. Package deal.

Automated replies to mails and calls.

But...got refund confirmation today..?will check when the actual refund appears on the credit card.

Villa only bookers are a different kettle of fish I think.

Worked out ok for me as me and her indoors split in beginning of May...happy days then...or perhaps not!

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 22:59:07 »

Fingers crossed for October in Canaries.

Clems Army!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 00:13:06 »

Worked out ok for me as me and her indoors split in beginning of May...happy days then...or perhaps not!

FYI, she posts on here as Valid Pint or something  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 04:55:17 »

We had a week in Butlins booked for last week. We've rebooked for October.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 06:06:18 »

Was supposed to be flying to Turkey back in April with Jet2holidays

Got an email a few week before we were due saying it had been cancelled. Our options were to rebook at a later date and they would knock £100 off the difference if your new chosen date / destination was more expensive...or...give us a credit note.

I was quite happy to rebook. It’s only a few thousand and it would only be collecting dust (...and minimal interest) in our account. We had no pressing need for the money back.

So we both still took our leave from work and looked at getting time off in September / October when we were back at work. By the time we’d done that we couldnt change our holiday dates as the Jet2holidays app thought we’d been on our holiday as the dates had passed (we still got all the automated emails about boarding pass, checking in etc)

A few messages to the social media team and a few auto responses and all of a sudden the full amount of the holiday was back in my account.

Can’t complain really. I imagine they were inundated

Only negative is the boy is still 1 and therefore free on most holidays. He will turn 2 in August and in the few I’ve looked at he jumps up to full adult price!! I mean I get regardless of size / age a plane seat is a plane seat but there is no way all inclusive he’s going to eat, drink and use all the facilities as much as an adult.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 07:25:25 »

Driving over for a week in Belgium, seeing all the sights and partaking of the local beverages and grub.

This is due to take place the middle of August but my car insurance company have not allowed me to insure the car as they are following closely the government guidelines which state no unnecessary overseas travel, even though its not for another 2 months so have denied me the green card which you now need to drive abroad.

The hotels and Landau camp we are staying at have opened fully and foresee no problems as long as face masks are worn in public.

Whether or not we will be able to go I can't say as yet, waiting for updates from Bojo stating if we can travel or not for pleasure and only then will we know.

I am sure a full refund will be supplied or transferred to next year instead as will the Eurostar tickets and hotels booked. That said we had a few days booked in for last week at Blackpooll football club hotel and are still awaiting the refund they promised us 3 months ago.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 07:45:32 »

Stag do in Dublin in September, Barcelona for a weekend to see Elton John in October (not cancelled yet) and the Hamptons/NYC over New Year.

I reckon we'll get one out of 3. All will be possible, but only really want to travel if things are relatively normal with hotels, bars and restaurants.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 07:57:39 »

No idea (Tenerife in early August), its 50-50 at absolute best I'd say.

Currently:
 - The FO advise against all but essential travel.
   This invalidates my travel insrance if I still go *but also means I can't claim on it if it gets cancelled.
 - In any case there is a 14 day return quarentine - that's fine.
 - * Most importantly, Spain aren't letting us in yet.

If the FO guidance is lifted:
 - Not sure what the lockdown level is in Tenerife is. I think "2", but I am not sure if you have to isolate on arrival, and whether beaches/terrrace restaurants are open. Think level 3 is needed to even remotely enjoy a holiday, and even then I reckon the kids would get bored if communal hotel areas are unavailable.
 - Holiday insurance has a "fear of pandemic" clause meaning that if you are allowed to go but don't want to - tough (unsurprisingly)

I'm desparate for a getaway, but I'm not sure the quality of holiday is going to be anywhere near what I want from it. But I'd probably go if safe.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 08:15:11 by Batch » Logged
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 08:01:16 »

Lost a May stag trip to Hungary.

Refunded hostel but lost about £50 activities.

Didn't have the energy to pursue a RyanAir cash refund so went for the voucher and I'll probably regret that as my window of opportunity to use it over the year is quite limited.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 08:12:07 »

I still have the balance to pay at the end of July, I'm guessing if I decide not to go and don't pay that then I just lose the deposit? I need to read the small print.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 08:14:56 »

I still have the balance to pay at the end of July, I'm guessing if I decide not to go and don't pay that then I just lose the deposit? I need to read the small print.

You said it, look at the wording. Sometimes its refundable, sometimes not.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 08:15:00 »

Lost a long weekend cycling in Belgium in May. got Ferry refunded and guy we had booked accommodation from in Ypres agreed to refund (Although we did lose a bit as the pound dropped further against the euro between booking and refund), was a bit of a win win, as because he was such a good bloke about it he will get our booking when we go next year (hopefully!) Left the refunds with the mates who did the booking (as farting around dong refunds amongst ourselves would be a ballache) so holiday is basically paid for when we do rebook.

Got a fortnight in Northumberland booked for back end July and that's a bit who knows at the moment, they are monitoring and policy seems a bit week by week, whilst places will be shut its right on the beach so we wouldn't be bored, I suspect a lot will depend on second waves, especially as the NE seems  to rival the NW for being badly hit.

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 09:54:39 »

Stag do to Amsterdam, got the accomodation refunded straight away. It took BA about 7 weeks to refund me the flights.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: