Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Booked Holidays - what's happening with yours?  (Read 31947 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 18:55:48 »

Don’t see how fco can’t lift their advice soon. We can go to hotels in this country, and no-one else has done as badly as we have

Things get better but they never get good
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 19:26:38 »

Don’t see how fco can’t lift their advice soon. We can go to hotels in this country, and no-one else has done as badly as we have

There are plenty of places you'd not want to be travelling to right now, if you were trying to avoid an outbreak.  Also plenty you'd be wise to refuse entry to, or at least force Quarantine like NZ has.

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 20:44:29 »

I'm going to Torbaydos the week restrictions are lifted.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 21:05:26 »

Villa Plus did what they said ref automated emails.

Refunded the lot last week.

Hopes now pinned on Canaries in October.

Clems Army!
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 21:18:37 »

To help the economy, we should all holiday in the UK and fill up our wonderful beaches, resorts, pubs and restaurants.

Nothing to see here
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 08:10:40 »

To help the economy, we should all holiday in the UK and fill up our wonderful beaches, resorts, pubs and restaurants.

Fuck that, I'm skipping abroad as soon as its feasible.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 08:13:28 »

Fuck that, I'm skipping abroad as soon as its feasible.

Same. Can’t wait to get away.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 08:18:01 »

ditto. I've thought about it and I just need a deck chair, knotted hankey and cold beer
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 08:39:35 »

Ditto

The staycation will be more popular than ever so that’s all the reason I need to get abroad for guaranteed good weather (unlike here).  Whole point of a proper holiday for me is for it to be a break from the norm, different culture, people, food, etc.

British resorts are a weekend job for me, nothing more
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 08:49:36 »

Ditto

The staycation will be more popular than ever so that’s all the reason I need to get abroad for guaranteed good weather (unlike here).  Whole point of a proper holiday for me is for it to be a break from the norm, different culture, people, food, etc.

British resorts are a weekend job for me, nothing more

That said, during lockdown we have been blessed with some fantastic weather. Shame we haven't really been able to utilise it so much!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 08:54:47 »

Can't really argue with any of that but I am giving the sunnier climes a miss this year. 

Nothing to see here
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 17:43:18 »

Got a message from my holiday provider saying they have opened up a query request with the hotel. I suppose they want to find out want procedures are in place and whether pools etc are going to be open. I see today that in Catalonia they are putting 210,000 into lockdown  Sad
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #57 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 17:46:37 »

Had our short break for the 2nd to 5th June cancelled and still awaiting the return of money from Booking.com, bloody dragging their feet.

Looks like our week driving in France, Holland and Belgium could be back on for the middle of August, all hotels over there are back open and Eurotunnel has confirned its back to a full service.

I haven't been out since March though due to being on the vulnerable list for sheidling but will play this one by ear, I am sure I will get a full refund if we don't make it anyway.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 18:05:37 »

Got a message from my holiday provider saying they have opened up a query request with the hotel. I suppose they want to find out want procedures are in place and whether pools etc are going to be open.
had a similar querey with ours. thankfully all the info is online but had to dig.. they are reduced capacity pre-booking timeslot for the pool sun loungers. pool will have a capacity and  you have to ask lifeguard to enter.

all ok in theory ... if enforced!

while on there noticed a discount code that along with the covid crisis head brought prices right down. a phonecall later now getting a 2 bed elite apartment for about 80 more than our single bed ordinary appartment (9 days). result, hopefully a sea view!

still nervous about the risk on the flight though..
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 18:42:25 »

I'll be wearing a mask on my flight
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: