Pages: 1 ... 514 515 516 [517]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 571388 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7740 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 01:09:03 »

Having moved here and returned a few times, the amount of litter in the UK is insane, looks as messy as NYC can do.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #7741 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 08:25:25 »

Same here although the only litter I remember seeing in the late 70's was bog rolls being chucked on the pitch from the Town end!
Remember those days well, no good having a shit on a British Rail train on a Saturday, unless you brought your own paper. Moon Moon

They turned the Manor Ground into a public lavatory and we all pissed up the waaaallllllllll  !!!!!.
Ardiles

Ignore
« Reply #7742 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 09:20:54 »

Having moved here and returned a few times, the amount of litter in the UK is insane, looks as messy as NYC can do.

It's one of the first things I notice after pulling off the ferry at Dover.  So different the other side of the Channel.
Littering is a British disease, and I'll never understand why so many tolerate it here.  For a country that tends to take environmental matters seriously in general, it's rather surprising.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7743 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 10:31:20 »

Interesting blog post on the BMJ site from Stephen Reicher and John Drury, two of the behavioural scientists who's work on SPI-B feeds into SAGE, which I think gives considerable weight to theakston's and Panda Paws' scepticism/reluctance about the introduction of "vaccine passports" as a way of opening things up and whether it would help or hinder the roll out

https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2021/04/01/how-to-lose-friends-and-alienate-people-on-the-problems-of-vaccine-passports/#content
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 516 [517]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: