Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188646 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 11:34:51 »

Cobra discussing school closures today.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 11:41:41 »

McLaren pull out of F1 Australian GP after member of team confirmed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/51849163

Surely its got to be pulled or made non-championship race now.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 11:42:12 »

Ireland shuts all schools and colleges
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 11:44:10 »

Ireland have closed their schools, colleges and childcare facilites until the 29th... we'll surely be following suit.

McLaren have pulled out of the Aussie GP as a team member has tested positive for it, the event should never have gone ahead anyway. They even had a fully open public day yesterday, so fucking dumb.

This country's repsonse has been shocking so far, seeming pretty blase about the whole thing...

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 11:45:04 »

I suspect more are working from home round here as noticed net speed has dropped a bit.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 11:58:17 »

Cobra discussing school closures today.
Thought the argument against that was that with increasing numbers of families with both parents working, emergency childcare if they shut schools is likely to fall on grandparents who are most at risk. Just shows how complex the whole thing is, no easy answers, downsides to every proposed panacea
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 12:04:33 »

UEFA suspending Europa and Champions League, apparently.

Flashheart

« Reply #337 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 12:04:39 »

Just shows how complex the whole thing is, no easy answers, downsides to every proposed panacea

... and Trump got rid of a load of CDC people recently - the very people that know about this stuff and will be aware of 'unexpected' consequences that others would not.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 12:04:44 »

Thought the argument against that was that with increasing numbers of families with both parents working, emergency childcare if they shut schools is likely to fall on grandparents who are most at risk. Just shows how complex the whole thing is, no easy answers, downsides to every proposed panacea

If anything it could be more contained by having kids in schools. no way is everyone just going to sit at home.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 12:11:51 »

... and Trump got rid of a load of CDC people recently - the very people that know about this stuff and will be aware of 'unexpected' consequences that others would not.
Pfft! If there's one thing we've learned from the 2016 referendum over here and Trump's 2016 victory over there it's that we don't need "experts". Trump will just be able to build a big wall to keep coronavirus out, any extra bits he can just ask his good friend Farage about now the BBC have apparently appointed him as their goto guy for coronavirus advice.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 12:12:59 »

UEFA suspending Europa and Champions League, apparently.
Ha ha Liverpool will be gutted Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 12:20:46 »

Shouldn't every country just stop all people leaving and entering until this virus is under control?
It's been spread by people travelling so just stop that. Am I missing something here or what?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 12:27:13 »

Shouldn't every country just stop all people leaving and entering until this virus is under control?
It's been spread by people travelling so just stop that. Am I missing something here or what?
Global recession? Although that seems inevitable now anyway
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 12:29:20 »

They will shut down just to reduce the risk.

If this does happen, internet usage will go through the roof. People won't be able to work from home because of contention.

The NHS, already crumbling, is going to really struggle. There are face masks, but not all staff can use them and they don't fit all staff. Staff have to have some vigorous tests on the equipment before use. We are not equipped enough.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 12:34:05 »

Ha ha Liverpool will be gutted Smiley
Fuck Liverpool.  What about STFC?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: