Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Exeter pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 77820 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 13:56:10 »

It’s confusing. I was Townend edge of drs and could barely see corner flag. Tannoy said own goal, doughy ran away as if it went straight it was amazed to see sky app say Doyle. The highlights iv replayed numerous times and can’t see anything for Doyle! Weird one
Force of habit for the teleprompter people, we are a one man team after all

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 14:06:51 »

Don't they have a "dubious goals" panel or summat? Can't see him getting credited with that one!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 14:23:45 »

Their manager said the keeper pushed the ball onto a defender and in. That looked about right.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 14:30:07 »

Begorrah, it's an eoin goal, to be sure.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 14:38:26 »

Even GP himself said he didn't get a touch of it in his postmatch. Clearly the ball swerved in through the sheer force of his charisma.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 15:11:57 »

Excellent result but a hard fought match for both sides.

Glad we did enough.

Great atmosphere too.

I hope the day trippers come back, important some of the jelly sticks to the wall.

Spoke to a few miffed 'visitors' in the County pre kick off but missed old JJ.

Had planned to do Carlisle as part of business trip to Belfast but was gazumped by the boss so missing it. Hope it's not flooded, they do that deliberately on occasions! Smiley

Clems Army!
ekarot

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 19:31:49 »

As a side  note I was in the tap and barrel which had a great atmosphere until about 1.45 pm and missed the potential ‘take the pub bit’.More nutty boys in there than a madness concert in bath pavilion in the 90s.If ever there was a day to not kick off in that pub this was it .
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 20:18:56 »

What happened in the tap?
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 12:03:43 »

Apparently Exeter scored two but had one goal disallowed... I went to the loo and missed their equaliser but I don't recall them sticking the ball in the back of the net again?
Flashheart

« Reply #534 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 12:05:40 »

I don't remember that.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 12:07:54 »

Apparently Exeter scored two ...

We did. One for you, and one for us.  Cheesy
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 12:11:04 »

We did. One for you, and one for us.  Cheesy

Top Bants haha.

One of your lads said "We scored two goals in this game, one was wrongly disallowed" and it confused me.

Will admit reading your forum is pretty hilarious, you have some right erm... characters on there. 
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 12:16:22 »

I missed both town goals, first in the pisser and second queueing for a burger. It seems a common occurrence for me  Roll Eyes
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 12:48:34 »

I didn't miss a minute, and Exeter did not get the ball near our net at any other point in the game - a couple of easy collects for Benda and that was it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #539 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 12:55:42 »

JJ’s at the game and I have no idea how he manages to type and watch.
Double window on PC Smiley

Havent read back yet but my God that was great, Exeter fans seemed really quiet considering their numbers, Swindon fans though were very loud from where I was sat near the front of the Arkells with Gazza, met up with Batch who supplied me with a ginger wig which we both wore Smiley

The game was ruined by the wind, we dominated the first half and should have scored a couple more, had no idea who scored either goal as the tannoy was shocking, still they all count! a goal froma corner too! and the cross from DJ for Hopes goal was sublime.

Their winger Williams is an irritating twat, there was no need for his acrobatics after the goal, he was a constant thorn in Hunts side all game and if Baudry hadn't hesitated he wouldnt have scored.

He was the only player on the Exeter team that I would think would get near our team, they were a team of hoofers if that was anything to go by.

They picked their game up 2nd half with the wind behind them but they were very poor in front of goal and we defended much better 2nd half.

Grant, Doughty and Caddis all were superb. Benda had no chance with the goal but otherwise didn't put a foot wrong. We never really looked like conceding even with the wind behind them, I just wish we didn't keep hoofing the ball upfield, if we had kept the ball down then we would have created far more chances.

Being at the game and watching Doyle and Yates movment off the ball was interesting, they both seem to instictively know where each other is and Yates was desperate to interplay with Doyle and on a few occassions it worked very well right up to the final shot.

Woolery looked disinterested when he came on and Admiral was off like Usain Bolt at one stage, man he is fast, those weren't the best conditions for him though but he looks promising on the first few touches for us.

Overall very pleased with the performance, very pleased with the Swindon turn out, great result and great to see the players clapping the fans and coming over to them after the match, a real togetherness at last.

Long may it continue, now to go back and read this thread as I have just got home!

Great to catch up finally with Batch and missed out seeing Flash and 4D as we popped in the legends and it was heaving in there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: