Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Exeter pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 77819 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 20:21:40 »

The Exeter fan did indeed kick off with Rockin Robin. One also gave it large and fell over on the netting in the bank. Very amusing.

The wind made the game a bit of a farce but we were comfortably better and deserved 3 points
 Should've been out of sight at half time and bar the goal, which we gifted them, they didnt threaten us at all. Their number 11 was tidy though.

Good crowd, atmosphere I think also struggled with the quality on show but it had its moments and the club really does feel united again. Hope those that showed up return in 2 weeks for Scunny.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 20:26:39 »

The Exeter fan did indeed kick off with Rockin Robin. One also gave it large and fell over on the netting in the bank. Very amusing.
Superb. Pwopah Nawty indeed.

Hope those that showed up return in 2 weeks for Scunny.
If people can't get excited about Scunthorpe coming to town, I think they've lost all sense of joy Smiley
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 20:30:17 »

I've never been in an open end that's made any considerable noise, and very few have come to the CG and done it that I've seen. Cardiff are the only ones who really stick out in my mind.
Leeds by a mile the loudest

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 20:35:23 »

It was strange to see so many people in the oft sparsely occupied corner of the town end which I usually inhabit.  Let's hope the worms continue to turn up each week.

Nothing to see here
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 20:42:23 »

First time in over 40 years of attending the County Ground I've known a sell out at 12 o'clock,  especially a game that's not an all ticket game.  Saw a few disappointed fans on my way into the ground.  Must be honest if Flash hadn't kicked me up the arse and told me to get an eticket Thursday night I would have been with them.  Our train doesn't arrive until just before one, so know I would have been out of luck.  Cheers Flash!!.
Anyway,  enjoyed the game even though the last 20 minutes was a nail biter,  wind ruined it for both sides but still think we edged it. Don't care who scored the first one, it went in, it counted.   Glad it went down as Pele, even if it wasn't just to wind up the Bradford fans, especially after all the shit they gave us.    Bowyer must be on thin ice now.  COYR's.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 20:43:47 »

I'm bringing a Leicester fan, a Spurs fan and a Norwich fan to Northampton... let's bring it!

I'm bringing a Leicester fan, a Spurs fan and a Norwich fan to Northampton

And the punchline is?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 20:49:40 »

Don't know where to start with that.  What a day.  One of the best football days out at the County Ground in years.  The singing took me back years.  Kids loved it, and couldn't quite believe the atmosphere.  More, please!
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 20:52:28 »

What I have noticed increasingly about our squad is that we seem to have a lot of the right type of characters i.e those that dont sulk or feel sorry for themselves if things dont go their way. Today was a good example of a game where a number of our previous squads would have buckled under an expectant large crowd and playing against a strong wind in the 2nd half. Players like Grant, Baudry, Caddis, Yates, Hunt and even Doughty this season have a mental toughness and resilience which previous teams haven't had. This is largely down to excellent recruitment and leadership, for which Wellens in particular must take great credit. It's certainly a great time to be a Town fan.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 20:58:59 »

A big win today - in a game which the wind made proper football difficult. Once again we have ground out the 3 points, when STFC teams of the recent past would have drawn or lost that one.
Overall we deserved to edge a win, as we created a number of chances when playing  with the wind, whereas we prevented them from doing so second half - while Benda demonstrated his ability on crosses / through balls he didn’t have a shot to save.
Their goal was poor play by our defence - at different points in te build up REG and Baudry, and possibly Hunt all had chances to clear the ball. The first goal was definitely an OG - Doyle not close enough to have got a touch. DJ again showed the skill he has which frightens big defenders at this level, and created the 2nd goal.
Grant and Caddis main MOM candidates.
3 or 4 points from the two upcoming away games will keep us on track. The new depth in the squad means we can rotate if necessary which may help improve our midweek record at Northampton (after Carlisle).
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 20:59:13 »

I'm bringing a Leicester fan, a Spurs fan and a Norwich fan to Northampton

And the punchline is?

We win the league.  I think you'll enjoy it.  :-)

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 21:00:54 »

Great day, good atmosphere which petered out a bit after half time. Should have been comfortably in front at the 45, but we allowed them back into the game in the second half by our constant kicking it up against the wind, heading as well, if we could have kept it on the ground a bit more and fed DJ it could have been a bit more conclusive.  Hard to pick out a mom for me, but the amount of work that Grant got through would have had my vote, a good battling performance with 100% effort from all.  Didn't rate Exeter too highly when we went down there and they certainly seemed a bit limited today.  Not sure their system does them too many favours, one up front made them quite light in attack - although their no. 11 gave me the jitters when he ran at them. 
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 21:04:01 by ronnie21 » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 21:01:28 »

We win the league.  I think you'll enjoy it.  :-)

Wouldn’t disagree donks.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 21:06:46 »

Also kicked off in the Merlin

https://twitter.com/c137p/status/1223665585298518022?s=19

Must have been just after we left
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 21:16:52 »

Yeah absolutely no acoustics in there. You'd rarely hear the bank when we had it for town fans.

Agreed but always a few exceptions. Good memories being on the bank for this one...

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 21:23:27 »

What I have noticed increasingly about our squad is that we seem to have a lot of the right type of characters i.e those that dont sulk or feel sorry for themselves if things dont go their way. Today was a good example of a game where a number of our previous squads would have buckled under an expectant large crowd and playing against a strong wind in the 2nd half. Players like Grant, Baudry, Caddis, Yates, Hunt and even Doughty this season have a mental toughness and resilience which previous teams haven't had. This is largely down to excellent recruitment and leadership, for which Wellens in particular must take great credit. It's certainly a great time to be a Town fan.

Great post. Exactly as I saw it. Grant Mom for me.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: