Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Exeter pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 77801 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 21:26:54 »

Great post. Exactly as I saw it. Grant Mom for me.

Grant's been motm in just about every game he's played.  Immense signing.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 21:28:47 »

What I have noticed increasingly about our squad is that we seem to have a lot of the right type of characters i.e those that dont sulk or feel sorry for themselves if things dont go their way. Today was a good example of a game where a number of our previous squads would have buckled under an expectant large crowd and playing against a strong wind in the 2nd half. Players like Grant, Baudry, Caddis, Yates, Hunt and even Doughty this season have a mental toughness and resilience which previous teams haven't had. This is largely down to excellent recruitment and leadership, for which Wellens in particular must take great credit. It's certainly a great time to be a Town fan.
Great post. Exactly as I saw it. Grant Mom for me.
Noel Hunt summed it up well in this clip

https://twitter.com/Official_STFC/status/1223654091940933632?s=09

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 21:32:12 »

Anyone else think that the gymnastics floor routine by their goal scorer in front of the DRS was a bit much after their goal?  Not sure what the rules are, but I thought he was pushing them a bit.  Anyway, glad we pissed on his chips by full time.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 21:42:09 »

Agreed but always a few exceptions. Good memories being on the bank for this one...

Good one.... I was thinking about that game t'other day, as an example of decent Div 4 atmosphere, had hoped there might be something on the goals vid clip, but no.

There are home games v FGR and Numb. I know, but they might provide some away numbers.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 21:49:00 »

I can't say I enjoyed that - too tense for my nerves and the wind spoilt it.
You must have been stood in T1 section as well then, got to agree Flash stunk.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 22:45:09 »

Agreed but always a few exceptions. Good memories being on the bank for this one...

I was in the Arkells for that one. It was pretty good
woolster

« Reply #501 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 22:55:55 »

Pint
woolster

« Reply #502 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 23:12:50 »

@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 23:14:33 »

Pint

Very good that
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 23:23:53 »

Very good that
I only skimmed through it, but the bits I watched I did particularly like the way he kept saying we were the best fanbase he'd seen. Did make me wonder where else he'd been, but don't look a gift horse in the mouth and all that ....
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 23:59:35 »

The fuckstick fairytale in the premier that is Bournemouth had about 3k less than us watching today. Magnificent.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 00:05:55 »

A lot of greasies talking out their arse about our financial position. Bell ends. Tin pot lot.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 00:15:12 by 4D » Logged
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 00:56:05 »

Watching Wellens post-match interview it appears he was willing to take a risk that they wouldn't get anything, ultimately he was right and other than a couple of dangerous balls in the box in the second half he was right.

Couple of tricky games coming up, especially a week Tues so was a big win.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 04:14:47 »

My favourite comment from an Exeter fan

‘They purposely designed the CG to be a wind tunnel to give them an unfair advantage’

I’m sure that was uppermost in their minds when it was first built in 1896!

How the fuck does that give us an advantage? Without the wind we would have utterly destroyed them yesterday.

And, yes, their holier than thou attitude about fan ownership grips my shit. If their only ambition is to get to L1, then fine.

Power must be the saltiest Sugar Daddy ever!
smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #509 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 09:09:34 »

My favourite comment from an Exeter fan

‘They purposely designed the CG to be a wind tunnel to give them an unfair advantage’

I’m sure that was uppermost in their minds when it was first built in 1896!

How the fuck does that give us an advantage? Without the wind we would have utterly destroyed them yesterday.

And, yes, their holier than thou attitude about fan ownership grips my shit. If their only ambition is to get to L1, then fine.

Power must be the saltiest Sugar Daddy ever!

I enjoy a good trawl of the opposition’s forums after a game and have read some utter shite in my time doing so, but that is far and away the stupidest thing I’ve seen. It’s so stupid, in fact, that I’m concerned I may have been whooshed. Guess I’ll never know.

Cads has a really good game, Grant is so good. Their goal was very lucky indeed, defensive miscommunication and that was that.

Their goalie’s kicking was abysmal, Benda adapted to the wind much better. Kicked with a lot more punch and tried to keep it low as best he could. Yates has a tough game but worked his arse into the ground, as did the ginger one. Everyone else played well in what was a tricky game.

I thought Exeter were very poor indeed. They should have gone into half time more than one behind and needed to come out all guns blazing with the wind in their favour, but basically did nothing all half.

One more thing, we’ve given up our right to moan about home ball boys in the future. I don’t enjoy watching them fanny arse around, they are there to get the ball moving as quickly as they can, they aren’t there to affect the game. If they are being instructed to behave like that it should stop
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: