Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Exeter pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 77815 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #570 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 15:34:58 »

I think in fairness though most of them are saying that...
Yeah most are well rounded posts, a few though are special needs, but then with Walker and Kostiuk we can't judge Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 15:46:52 »

Flinders is another keeper does well against us.

Stupid sexy Flinders.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Peter Venkman

« Reply #572 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 15:52:17 »

Stupid sexy Flinders.
I don't think I have ever seen hiom play badly against us, I remember hearing that for the first time when he was playing for Hartlepool against us and some Town End wag shouted it after he made a a string of amazing saves.

That was in 2009 IIRC. He was amazing that day.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #573 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 15:57:49 »

Ironically, I think he's a vegan....(or am I making that up? Nor sure)
Rose is the one who has gone vegan, not sure about Doughty.

I have never seen Doughty going in and winning so many tackles and headers as he did on Saturday, his tackling leaves a lot to be desired though. Almost like he has upped his game knowing we have Palmer waiting in the wings to come in.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 16:06:54 »

Ironically, I think he's a vegan....(or am I making that up? Nor sure)
Veggie apparently, but his partner's vegan

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/17738487.michael-doughty-provides-an-insight-in-swindon-towns-pre-season-fitness-testing-routine-and-how-its-benefitted-squad-morale/
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 16:21:58 »

The other comment I agree with the Exeter folks about is the behaviour of the ball boy who deliberately wasted time and then engaged in mutual applause with a few idiots in the  end block of the DRS.
I forgot to include this in my post on Saturday evening.
This is unnecessary, and we should be better than that. It makes us look cheap and should be clamped down on.
Ball boys are there to facilitate the game and speed it up, not interfere with it. If the boot were on the other foot at an away ground we would be apoplectic.
Rant over
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 16:25:24 »

The other comment I agree with the Exeter folks about is the behaviour of the ball boy who deliberately wasted time and then engaged in mutual applause with a few idiots in the  end block of the DRS.
I forgot to include this in my post on Saturday evening.
This is unnecessary, and we should be better than that. It makes us look cheap and should be clamped down on.
Ball boys are there to facilitate the game and speed it up, not interfere with it. If the boot were on the other foot at an away ground we would be apoplectic.
Rant over

When I was a ball boy we were always told to slow the game down if we were winning. I thought it was quite funny and tbf, Benda was also telling him to slow it down. The ball boy got a telling off afterwards.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 16:34:20 »

The ref went over to speak to the stadium manager about it a couple of times during the game, and will have included it in his report. I agree, it's cheap behaviour. I actually hate the extent to which players slyly kick the ball away all the time. Even when the ref sees it, he doesn't do anything about it. There's been more of it this season than I've seen before, and the League needs to clamp down on it in general.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 16:35:28 »

They still are. Or at least to do as the players ask.

I particularly liked how after being talked to, he only half threw it back to Benda next time it went out .

The ballboy is at school with my eldest.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 16:38:31 »

I always thought that new match balls are available when the current one is off the pitch - or is that just in the PL?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: