Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: OFFICIAL stfc v lincoln day early thread- get over it and predict/discuss  (Read 43893 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 18:27:08 »

Quote from: Bogus Dave

I think the ‘faffing’ side to side was the right thing to be doing in that situation - keep working the ball, be patient and wait for the space to appear. Instead we would get fed up and put a pissy little cross in which the defenders would gobble up

But only once did Carroll take his man on and get a cross it.

they had packed the centre, good luck breaking through that
adje

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 18:28:10 »

Vigouroux getting a lot of stick on here but im hearing 1st goal was a sizeable deflection and the second unstoppable?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 18:29:20 »

wouldn't call the first one a sizeable deflection. put him off sure, should still be saving it
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 18:32:35 »

the first one took a bit of a nick but Taylor was about 12 yards in front of him, and he was right behind it

Second goal was an absolute screamer of a shot that the guy would never have attempted had the keeper been in a sensible position

They weren’t both all on him, but the best goalkeeper in the lower leagues (as he has been described by power and, based on his actions last year how he sees himself) would be doing better

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #259 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 18:34:13 »

Vigs has admitted himself that he's 'had better Saturdays' on twitter.

The 1st one looked very saveable, deflection or not.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 18:34:59 »

I think the second one a keeper can be forgiven for thinking that wouldn't happen
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 18:44:23 »

I don’t think there is anything wrong with his attitude. Clearly he is one of the better players in our team and is frustrated at how poor the season has been. Ultimately he came here believing Swindon would compete for promotion but most people would agree that we are a midtable team at best.

He is clearly a player who can play at a higher level and we should be building a team around him to get the best out of him. He’s probably frustrated as he’s played at a higher level where the overall set up is more professional.

Ultimately it was his choice to sign for Swindon but I guess he’s regretting it now which is a shame. 

Attitude as far as expecting the team to do better, I agree.

Attitude on the pitch though needs to be better, and he admitted that in his interview after the game.  If you are going to throw a strop when things are not going your way, or if you get dropped, the right attitude is to show you are better than everyone else by grabbing the team and game by the scruff of the neck and showing you are the best player in the squad.  Yes he scored 2 goals, but for a player of his quality he did little else.  And running to the bench after he scored the 2nd as if to make a point was not the actions of a man that has taken any responsibility for his recent performances, more of a guy that has thrown a massive strop.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 18:49:12 »

I thought Carroll played well, not a winger though. Needs to be more confident when taking his man on, as when he did the crosses he put in were ok.
Southsider

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 18:53:57 »

Prepared to get shot down.......but I think we are just a decent forward away from a good team.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 18:54:08 »

I thought Carroll played well, not a winger though. Needs to be more confident when taking his man on, as when he did the crosses he put in were ok.

He looks very tidy on the ball but not at all at home out wide.  Against 9 we should had someone else working with him to pull them out of the middle.  The idea of keeping him wide was good, but not if he isn't going to cross and not if we don't drag their team out.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 18:56:46 »

Prepared to get shot down.......but I think we are just a decent forward away from a good team.

Swap Richards or Woollery and Akinde and we'd be a much more effective team.  We look good when we get it down, but this is L2 and the ball will be lumped forward from time to time.  Richards and Woollery offer nothing as a pair together - they don't complement each other at all well.  Someone like Akinde would keep the defenders busy, giving space to the other forwards and also meaning we are able to use the direct ball and retain possession from time to time.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 18:57:50 »

Swap Richards or Woollery and Akinde and we'd be a much more effective team.  We look good when we get it down, but this is L2 and the ball will be lumped forward from time to time.  Richards and Woollery offer nothing as a pair together - they don't complement each other at all well.  Someone like Akinde would keep the defenders busy, giving space to the other forwards and also meaning we are able to use the direct ball and retain possession from time to time.

+1

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 19:02:00 »

Phew.... Haven't read back.

Minimum requirement met ref a point against 9 men. Would of been the minimum if we had been playing Leeds in the cup if they only have nine.

Strange game that....madness how it panned out.

Disappointed that we didn't get the win...but meh..

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 19:16:25 »

I know I should be happy with the point in the end, but that performance was about as dim witted as I have seen from us (and Lincoln in putting themselves in that situation).  No intelligence at all.  They had a corner where they sent three men forward and we had eight back!  Something was very wrong with Doughty, despite the goals.  McCourt was ok, the rest were just not clever enough - nine men defending the central areas and we have one person out wide right who looked like he hated being there and one person out left, everyone else walking into the same space and being marked.

On top of that we let the single forward boss our defenders.  How hard is it to either let him lose the ball or place a man in front of him, stop trying to wrestle him.

Richards gave away far too many stupid free kicks and missed what looked like a bit of a sitter to me.

So very frustrating because Lincoln gifted us a way to win that game.
Completely agree. We spent the last 10 minutes watching McCourt and Carroll playing some sort of inane Chuckle Bros "To me, to you" when Carroll clearly wasn't going to take his man on so was only ever going to play it back to McCourt. That's not especially a criticism of Carroll, it's clearly not something he has in his locker, but it needed someone to notice that it wasn't working and make some fucking movements to provide an option. Or maybe even Wellens recognising the problem and bringing McGlashan on rather than Twine. I like Twine but he wasn't what the game needed today.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 19:19:14 »

Not a lot, he was coughing for most of it. Just concentrated on how we dominated the first 35mins and it was all positive. Didn't have anything to say on transfers as (bizarrely but honestly) he said "after Thursday you lose focus a bit and concentrate on the weekends game. You get a bit sick of it really."

That was about it tbh.
Thank you

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: