Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: OFFICIAL stfc v lincoln day early thread- get over it and predict/discuss  (Read 42204 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #300 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 21:51:09 »

He did, but you could see he wanted to pass it inside 80% of the time.

Maybe because there was not a decent crossing opportunity.

I think it's one of those things that can only be compared if we were able to watch what happened if different decisions were made. Which we cannot do.

Anyway, I'm about to watch Bram Stoker's Dracula with the misses.

Toodle pip.
REDBUCK

« Reply #301 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 21:53:37 »

McGlashan would have at least got into the box to put crosses in or drawn some fouls around their box, Carroll just hugged the touch line most of the time playing passes to McCourt.

Performances this season suggest he wouldn't have.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 21:56:10 »

Performances this season suggest he wouldn't have.

That is very true, although I still think he would have offered more on the pitch than Twine today.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 21:56:22 »

If only Anderson and Woolery were any good at it. Once a game isn't really good enough

To be fair, Keshi ran at their defence a lot today, especially in the first 30 mins.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 21:59:49 »

I think it's one of those things that can only be compared if we were able to watch what happened if different decisions were made. Which we cannot do.

Toodle pip.

There are always decent crossing opportunities if there are players in box.  You have more chance of scoring with the ball in the 6 yards box than on the outside of the 18 yard box.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 22:00:29 »

Toodle pip.

This is why he needed a second player to come out wide, creating more space inside.
REDBUCK

« Reply #306 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 22:01:35 »

As per managers post match interview, that seemed to be the plan
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 22:04:49 »

Quote from: Berniman

total lack of willing/ability to get in behind and cross the thing.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 22:07:37 »

As per managers post match interview, that seemed to be the plan

I didn’t get that from the post match interview, but if that is what he alluded to, it didn’t work really then did it, which is my point.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 22:32:32 »

After seeing the Lincoln goals harsh to blame Vigs. The deflection took it away from where he would have saved it. The 2nd no goalie in the world would have stopped that shot.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 22:35:18 »

After seeing the Lincoln goals harsh to blame Vigs. The deflection took it away from where he would have saved it. The 2nd no goalie in the world would have stopped that shot.

Yeah, I thought that at the time.  Still think he should have saved the first though, although he wasn’t entirely to blame as some were suggesting IMO

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 22:49:15 »

Genuine question(s) for those that see the team more often than me (been twice this season), do we have the players to make a decent team but the fact we are mid table suggests the "team" hasn't been found, or do we have one or two decent players and the rest are meh, or something else? When I see some highlights like, Macclesfield away for example, we look quite composed but then I can't help thinking there are obvious issues with the fact we seem to struggle with attacking. Do we have it in us or are we unlikely to see an improvement?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 22:59:58 »

Yeah, I thought that at the time.  Still think he should have saved the first though, although he wasn’t entirely to blame as some were suggesting IMO

Fine margins. No deflection no goal, he dived to save the shot which would have hit him smack in the middle of the gloves, as it was it hit his fingertips. If he'd had 2 inch longer fingers maybe. But then he wouldn't be a goalie but in grumble flicks Wink
REDBUCK

« Reply #313 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 23:13:14 »

With the squad we have we aren't solid enough defensively and always open to fuck up. For example both goals today could have been avoided with a bit more concentration.

Going forward we don't combine as a team, we have one or two individuals who like to do their own thing without much end product and a centre forward who we are unable to link our play through.

Also, no attacking midfield who consistently gets beyond the centre forward
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 23:18:09 by REDBUCK » Logged
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 23:17:42 »

The second only happened cos he had left his goal to collect their thru ball which Conroy got too, leaving him out of position.
No communication between those two.

Still a cracking shot mind.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: