Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: OFFICIAL stfc v lincoln day early thread- get over it and predict/discuss  (Read 41972 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 19:16:28 »

starting them on the day hasn't exactly worked for quite a few years now..

If ever there were some imponderables then this fixture certainly has it!

Toumani return? Sid re-signed in time? New lb thrown straight in? A first start for House? Sulky Doughty friends with Wellens again?

Hard to predict a score with the above. Lincoln have had a little wobble of late- certainly compared to previous form. Everton last weekend must take a bit of energy from them. A hard game which ever you look at it but we are at that stage of must wins!

We will concede obviously so I'm going blindly for 2-1 town. I'm going tomorrow unfortunately. Haven't seen a good display this season!
« Last Edit: Friday, January 11, 2019, 19:38:15 by singingiiiffy » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 19:20:27 »

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 19:31:32 »

What's the matter 4d? you can obviously have the official official at midnight + if you so wish.

seems odd that we don't really talk about a fixture specifically until the day of the match.
Flashheart

« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 19:35:54 »

It's innovative.

It's adventurous. I like adventurous.

It might work, it might not. Iffy will have a lot of explaining to do if it fails, but he should take the plaudits if it succeeds.

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 19:38:46 »

It's innovative.

It might work, it might not. Iffy will have a lot of explaining to do if it fails, but he should take the plaudits if it succeeds.

thanks for the vote of confidence. I have changed title to match
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 19:39:15 »

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 19:43:28 »

It's innovative.

When I accidentally did it I got called a stupid cunt a lot. Then I deleted it

wait, I've made an assumption in the that the two events were related.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #7 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 19:47:53 »

Quote from Danny Cowley today...

Swindon - It was suggested by the press that with a sickness bug reported in their camp and having lost some players, now is a good time to play them. DC swiftly refuted that by saying that although it hadn't been reported he knew they had signed some more players themselves. Style wise Swindon have a 'keeper with excellent distribution so will look to play out from the back and try to get behind The Imps backline. When countering they have very pacey players to transition quickly aided by players behind them that have good passing ability to feed that tactic.

I didn't hear that we had illness in the camp.

Also on their forum they are so happy because we have lost our 2 key players in Alzate and Adebayo. They obviously haven't watched us as Bayo was good at times awful at others and Alzate hasn't played for more than 15 mins since Woking over a month ago anyway.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 11, 2019, 19:50:48 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 19:52:12 »

Fuck me their scouting needs some help.  Let's try for them:

Swindon have a keeper who thinks he is Hoddle, but can often fall over his own feet and suffers from Bruce Grobelaar moments when crosses are played in.
They have pacey forwards with little or no control or sense of direction.
They have midfielders with good passing ability but they select the three of them using a game of play your cards right before each match
« Last Edit: Friday, January 11, 2019, 19:53:50 by RobertT » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 19:58:37 »

Fuck me their scouting needs some help.  Let's try for them:

Swindon have a keeper who thinks he is Hoddle, but can often fall over his own feet and suffers from Bruce Grobelaar moments when crosses are played in.
They have pacey forwards with little or no control or sense of direction.
They have midfielders with good passing ability but they select the three of them using a game of play your cards right before each match

Actually seeing a game has really changed your views on our lot hasn't it?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 20:13:22 »

What's the matter 4d? you can obviously have the official official at midnight + if you so wish.

seems odd that we don't really talk about a fixture specifically until the day of the match.

Good point.  Smiley

I'm tempted to go to this but still feeling crap from this bloody cold thing.
Flashheart

« Reply #11 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 20:18:26 »

When I accidentally did it I got called a stupid cunt a lot.

Maybe they were just making a general observation?  Wink
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 20:21:11 »

There seems to be a lot of jealous animosity against Lincoln from other L2 clubs. Can’t understand it myself. They are a prime example of what every club at our level should aspire to.

An owner backing them - although, tbf, they have generated funds through cup runs - a huge increase in attendances and the sense of a club going somewhere. I like them.

As a club they are very reminiscent of Luton - gaining momentum after escaping from non league.

I can’t imagine we’ll beat them tomorrow but a good performance would do me.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 20:28:20 »

There seems to be a lot of jealous animosity against Lincoln from other L2 clubs. Can’t understand it myself. They are a prime example of what every club at our level should aspire to.

An owner backing them - although, tbf, they have generated funds through cup runs - a huge increase in attendances and the sense of a club going somewhere. I like them.

As a club they are very reminiscent of Luton - gaining momentum after escaping from non league.

I can’t imagine we’ll beat them tomorrow but a good performance would do me.

cup runs are massive for lower league clubs. I'm not certain but I'm sure those man utd games must have helped burtons push up the leagues a few years back.

it's a reason I get so angry at our recent cup record. Lincoln have done everything right.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, January 11, 2019, 20:34:07 »

cup runs are massive for lower league clubs. I'm not certain but I'm sure those man utd games must have helped burtons push up the leagues a few years back.

it's a reason I get so angry at our recent cup record. Lincoln have done everything right.

Woking estimated thet made 300K out of the Watford game.... their player budget for a year.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: