Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Creepy Crawley V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 34957 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #240 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 08:57:06 »

I think he would make a decent centre half.
I have said this a few times this season too, I think he would make the swap like Rowland did, he can head a ball and he can tackle and has a bit of pace when he wants, he looks more of a footballer the closer he gets to his own goal though.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 09:08:52 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #241 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 09:05:57 »

As a matter of interest, who do you (the TEF, not PP specifically) think the key contracted players are?

Me: Vigs-, Conroy*, Preston**, Taylor ***,  Richards *** - that's all I really rate, hence the question. Woolery could offer something. Norris and Anderson are useful squad players, but I wiouldn't want to build a promotion challenge around them - probably one or two others in that category too.

Of course you could include keeping loaners there. I guess that's fair enough and changes things a bit.

- Assuming he is motivated, doesn't do something stupid/leave of his own accord.
* Still got to be a question mark over fitness (see JSW)
** Assume he's still in contract
*** They are getting on. Quality - but there is a small risk of Nallising

Swindon contracts are -

Goalkeepers: Lawrence Vigouroux (2019), Reice Charles-Cook (2019), Will Henry (2018), Stuart Moore (2018)
Defenders: Olly Lancashire (2019), Matt Taylor (2018), Matt Preston (2018), Dion Conroy (2019), Ryan McGivern (2018)
Midfielders: James Dunne (2019), Ellis Iandolo (2018), Donal McDermott (2018), Jordan Young (2019)
Strikers: Paul Mullin (2019), Luke Norris (2019), Keshi Anderson (2020), Kaiyne Woolery (2020), Marc Richards (2019)

Chris Hussey's Sheffield United contract expires in 2018
Rollin Menayese's Bristol Rovers contract is undisclosed
Kellan Gordon's Derby County contract expires in 2019
Timi Elsnik's Derby County contract expires in 2019
Ollie Banks' Oldham Athletic contract expires in 2018

Kyle Knoyle, Ben Purkiss, Chris Robertson, Amine Linganzi, Tom Smith, Tom Ouldridge and Scott Twine have not had their contract length publicly disclosed by Swindon Town.

Courtesy of Total Swindon.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 09:09:59 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 09:08:50 »

As a matter of interest, who do you (the TEF, not PP specifically) think the key contracted players are?

Me: Vigs-, Conroy*, Preston**, Taylor ***,  Richards *** - that's all I really rate, hence the question. Woolery could offer something. Norris and Anderson are useful squad players, but I wiouldn't want to build a promotion challenge around them - probably one or two others in that category too.

Of course you could include keeping loaners there. I guess that's fair enough and changes things a bit.

- Assuming he is motivated, doesn't do something stupid/leave of his own accord.
* Still got to be a question mark over fitness (see JSW)
** Assume he's still in contract
*** They are getting on. Quality - but there is a small risk of Nallising

Of the players under contact for next season, we're reasonably well stocked with forward thinking players but little in midfield or at the back.

As regards the keeper, it was always going to cause a problem when Vigs' claim to have clubs interested, proved to be hollow.  It's always best to get a rapid clean break in these situations.... remember Adam Rooney.  Looked like it would get very messy for him for a while, absoloutely no fault of his, but a speedy departure sorted it for both parties.

The key issue as ever is Power, in his own way this season he has tried to get us back up, but ultimately failed... his focus now seems to be on fronting up others buying the CG, so that he can sell the club as the players route has dried up. 

Presumably keeping League football in Swindon, has to be desirable with that aim in mind....although it may not matter to developer.
Panda Paws

« Reply #243 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 09:13:36 »

Personally, in an ideal world, would look for something like:

+1, RCC (2nd choice) and Henry (out on a proper season-long loan)

Taylor, Hussey, Lancashire, Conroy, Preston, +1, Purkiss, Knoyle, +1

McDermott, Mullin, Keshi, Iandolo, Tom Smith, +3 CM, +1 wide player

Norris, Woolery, Richards, +1

Plus Young and Twine in and around.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 09:31:52 »

I have said this a few times this season too, I think he would make the swap like Rowland did, he can head a ball and he can tackle and has a bit of pace when he wants, he looks more of a footballer the closer he gets to his own goal though.

Ive said it too...

But the days of players swapping positions seems to have gone...

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #245 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 09:36:50 »

Ive said it too...

But the days of players swapping positions seems to have gone...
They have, players like to specialize in one position now and not be as flexible.

I think he could be a half decent CB in all honesty, hes still young enough to make a career there.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 09:48:51 »

ah yes, forgot Knoyle. he looks decent.

mullin fits into decent squad player for me, though he has been unlucky with the game time he's got this year.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 09:59:52 »

What have Hussey and others said re. Flitcroft? I think I've missed this...

I never thought I'd say this but having seen Dunne under Brown - he is a different player and I think he could actually turn out to be really useful for us next season. Re. Norris as well... It's easy to dislike him but honestly, I think in games where he's not playing or he's subbed on or off, we always look better with him on the pitch. We came flying out of the blocks yesterday and as soon as he went off we completely fell apart.
Panda Paws

« Reply #248 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 10:11:17 »

ah yes, forgot Knoyle. he looks decent.

He's developing quickly and was our best player yesterday, or at least did the least wrong.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #249 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 10:15:08 »

He's developing quickly and was our best player yesterday, or at least did the least wrong.
I don't think he has had what we would call a "bad game" for the Town.

Hes reliable and his running with the ball and crossing is very good for his level of experience.

A far better option on the right wing than Gordon or Purkiss, who impressed me at CB again yesterday, did little wrong really was just caught out of position a couple of times.

I think given a whole season Knoyle is easily good enough for this league and step up if we got to L1, I think he could be a big player next year and hes still only 21.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 10:22:18 »

Knoyle's crossing needs a lot of work but generally agree he looks like a decent prospect. Sometimes he needs to put the ball in a bit quicker, you don't always have to beat your man.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 12:56:10 »

Knoyle I'm not 100% convinced by, but he does seem to grow into games.

Mullin - thought he deserved a chance in the middle but he didn't work with Woollery when he moved there yesterday.  Probably an either or situation with those two.  Personally, I'd get Richards on some Opiods and ensure him and Woollery play together to allow them to form a partnership for next season.

Central midfield is an issue that needs addressing for next season, especially if we revert back to the two in there and central defence needs just as much work.  Purkiss looks ok, but we really need a fit Preston and Conroy or replacements.

Keeper - either we welcome back Vigs and make him happy or we ship all of them out and start again.

McDermott - think he might be a useful player in Browns system, I'd be inclined to start him over Anderson on Saturday if he is fit enough.

Taylor worries the shit out of me in central midfield, but I'd be interested to see how the team that finished the game would work from the start, or maybe Taylor left and Elsnik back in the middle.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 13:02:54 »

Agree about Mcdermott,far better option than Anderson currently and also I agree Taylor has to play wide.Like the look of Richards and Woolery as a pair

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 15:21:26 »

If anyone wants a stab at guessing how the season will go...

http://worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-league-two/
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 15:55:02 »

I think Norris would be far better suited to a CDM type role. Can win plenty of headers, likes a tackle. Oh and he can still take the penalties. Norris - the new Viera...he just needs to realise his position isn't as a striker and his career would kick on.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: