Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Creepy Crawley V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 34956 times)
woolster

« on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 09:03:08 »

a 3.1 win for  Swindon, a sniff of the playoffs and maybe another trip to Wembley Suicide
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 09:16:12 »

Pre match baggage handling in The Jubilee Oak.

It's possible that The Cure didn't have their hometown in mind when writing "Just Like Heaven".

3-0 win today as the quest for play off glory continues.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 09:24:08 »

3rd! game of the season.Hopefully keep up my 100% win rate.Richards to score

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 09:29:13 »

Expecting a comfortable win. Safe journey for those travelling. Shite weather today.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #4 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 10:00:32 »

Creepy have not won in the last 6 games and only 1 win in 8, they have lost their last 2 home games.

We have only lost away at them once in 5 games and they have never scored more than 1 goal in any game against us there.

I think it will be 1-1 with Richards scoring in front of 5,335 fans with 1,234 of them Town fans.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 2, 2018, 10:22:42 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 10:06:52 »

Our home game against them was one of the most abject home displays I've seen at the County Ground. So yes, we should smash them today, but then we should have smashed them at home. We're a bit better now than we were then so unconvincing 2-1 to us, which could easily shade into a 2-2
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 10:11:24 »

I think it will be 1-1 with Richards scoring in front of 3,835 fans with 1,234 of them Town fans.
They've sold over 4000 now, according to their Twitter. 4,000! Imagine that! #tinpot
Peter Venkman

« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 10:17:08 »

They've sold over 4000 now, according to their Twitter. 4,000! Imagine that! #tinpot
Oh have they? I take it thats including our tickets? for them thats a cracking turn out, against Luton they had under 3,500 in total.

Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 10:18:02 »

Creepy 2 Town 3
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 10:29:05 »

I think we'll win today. This is purely based on the logic that Swindon love to fuck with your brain. And so therefore a loss and probably a draw would kill us off - so won't happen.

If I was a thinking and reasoned man, I'd go for 1-1.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 10:34:26 »

Creepy have not won in the last 6 games and only 1 win in 8, they have lost their last 2 home games.

We have only lost away at them once in 5 games and they have never scored more than 1 goal in any game against us there.

I think it will be 1-1 with Richards scoring in front of 5,335 fans with 1,234 of them Town fans.

One of the consequences of our decline and the rise of "new" clubs, is that we no longer play against many of the traditional sides on a regular basis.  As I pointed out at the last away game..... Exeter at 14th on the list are the highest of our previous regular opponents.

What this means is that it takes a little while for patterns to be set, and any significance to be read into it.... an example our 100% record v Morecambe without conceding was always likely to end rapidly and did so on Friday.

The early Crawley league form, was skewed by Evans, who instinct tells me has a very poor record v Town.

Today....well it's almost the equivalent of a Tuesday fixture after a Sat, of which I think we've lost 5/6 this season.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 10:34:40 »

I think we'll win today. This is purely based on the logic that Swindon love to fuck with your brain. And so therefore a loss and probably a draw would kill us off - so won't happen.

If I was a thinking and reasoned man, I'd go for 1-1.
Best compliment you ever paid me, I am touched....Mayo to score the winner...with a header Wink

Actually your first part is true, as we spoke about the other day....STFC does love to fuck with your mind!

The early Crawley league form, was skewed by Evans, who instinct tells me has a very poor record v Town.
There is no doubt that Evans must hate playing against us, definately.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 2, 2018, 10:36:20 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 11:00:35 »

ha, purely coincidental I can assure you Venks Smiley

if you look at the last 10 games our form is identical. hadn't realised shrinking it to 6 would weed out Crawleys dramatic stall though.

mind you, they've got more points from their last 4 gone games that we have from our last 4 away.

I find this a bit depressing:

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england4
Peter Venkman

« Reply #13 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 11:07:54 »

Our relative form is -0.31 and Creepy is -0.71 so that means we have been more than 50% better than them in the last 8 games Wink

If you look at relative form and high rates etc then we only have to play 3 sides that are currently in positive relative form, Yeovil, Carlisle and Accrington all the rest are in decline like us (currently) so that could be a good sign......staws firmly being clutched at!

Peter Venkman

« Reply #14 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 11:11:00 »

I see Ryan McGivern and Olly Lancashire could be back in contention today, I like Purkiss and Mayo as a pairing on Saturday I think we should stick with it today.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: