Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Creepy Crawley V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 34966 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 17:01:23 »

I think Norris would be far better suited to a CDM type role. Can win plenty of headers, likes a tackle. Oh and he can still take the penalties. Norris - the new Viera...he just needs to realise his position isn't as a striker and his career would kick on.

I think his complete lack of spatial awareness would probably be highlighted more the further down the pitch he played

Things get better but they never get good
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 17:10:55 »

I think his complete lack of spatial awareness would probably be highlighted more the further down the pitch he played

Possibly but his strengths are in the defensive elements of his game.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 17:13:54 »

This. I'm really struggling to make a case for Norris to play anywhere at L2 level. If somebody else was taking pens this season he'd be getting far more stick than he currently is for his appalling goals record from open play. Tbf to him though his penalty taking has been excellent & he always works hard so can't be faulted for his effort. Out of interest how many assists does he have this season?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 17:58:06 »

Re. Norris as well... It's easy to dislike him but honestly, I think in games where he's not playing or he's subbed on or off, we always look better with him on the pitch. We came flying out of the blocks yesterday and as soon as he went off we completely fell apart.
Agree with this - never convinced by him and I get as frustrted as anyone by his inability to convert, his refusal to jump more than 2 inches off the ground (although accept his shoulder injury may be playing a part there) and his lack of awareness at times, but we don't look the same without him. We don't look great with him, but we're bloody terrible without him
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 18:09:14 »

A poor man's Billy Paynter
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 18:41:24 »

This. I'm really struggling to make a case for Norris to play anywhere at L2 level. If somebody else was taking pens this season he'd be getting far more stick than he currently is for his appalling goals record from open play.

Unlike Woolery who has scored less but is seen by some as the next Miles Storey Wink
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 19:32:15 »

Unlike Woolery who has scored less but is seen by some as the next Miles Storey Wink
Norris has had far more game time than Woolery. He's also played most of his football at L1 level whereas the bulk of Woolery's before this season had come in the Conference. Plus their two completely different players. I'd be more inclined to judge Norris against Richards or Mullin although the latter has also struggled for game time.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: