Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Creepy Crawley V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 34958 times)
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 21:10:03 »

Blimey. Are you hoping all the other “fan favourites” get injured so our manager can’t pick them too?
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 21:33:51 »

Blimey. Are you hoping all the other “fan favourites” get injured so our manager can’t pick them too?
Not at all. Just making the point that if we were to be robbed of a striker for the run in I'd rather it be Norris, the reason is purely circumstantial.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 21:36:08 »

Not at all. Just making the point that if we were to be robbed of a striker for the run in I'd rather it be Norris, the reason is purely circumstantial.

Fair enough I guess. I’d prefer it not to be any of them but might not have a choice in that one.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 21:46:31 »

Fair enough I guess. I’d prefer it not to be any of them but might not have a choice in that one.
Me too. My original point was that I feel we've got more chance of getting goals out of the remaining 3 fit forwards than we have with Norris.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 21:52:44 »

Am I missing something here?

It's been a long season.
Pre match fatigue is kicking in.

As for the game. Better in the second half, but too much sloppy play throughout.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 22:52:12 »

I don’t know why we bother to have one.
Drunk footballers are a bad mix at the best of times.
None of that shit under Di Canio

Have you seen that interview with Simon Ferry where he said loads of them got smashed before the Aldershot game and Di Canio went mental? None of that shit under Di Canio...
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 06:10:07 »

Very poor first half, yard off the pace and they wanted it more.

Link up play was missing and it seemed we didn't have a plan. Woolery a passenger and Norris boby popping was a blow.

I heard mutterings about Vigs when the goal went in but nobody could of saved that... the scorer shouldn't of been allowed to shoot from there...

Second half was a vast improvement and we might of snatched it..but it would of been undeserved.

What the fuck was Harry moaning about? The ref gave them everything.

Third game in a row when a good patch of play was halted by somebody laying on the ground holding his head....makes my piss boil.

Cannot believe we are still in with a shout....

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 06:24:07 »

Chris Wilder at the Blades trying to secure a playoff spot.... Some points of reference for us too..

"We haven't got the result we wanted, but not for the lack of trying.

"We should have accumulated loads more points over the last five games, we're playing well enough but the ball in the back of the net puts teams to bed.

"We try to play in a way that our supports enjoy... but in the end you've got to win and that decides the teams that are successful and the teams that maybe just fall out."

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #233 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 07:54:42 »

Chris Wilder at the Blades trying to secure a playoff spot.... Some points of reference for us too..

"We haven't got the result we wanted, but not for the lack of trying.

"We should have accumulated loads more points over the last five games, we're playing well enough but the ball in the back of the net puts teams to bed.

"We try to play in a way that our supports enjoy... but in the end you've got to win and that decides the teams that are successful and the teams that maybe just fall out."

Exactly these points.

We could and should have won the last 2 or 3 games but the ball didn't fall right for us.

I too prefer Woolery to Norris but TBF to Norris when he came on at Exeter and his pre injury performance yesterday were very good, he was doing the simple things right, yes he had a stinker at home to Morecambe but he can't ever seem to do it for 90 mins, but I would say his seaosn is over now and that will please some fans.

I am no fan of his but he doesn't deserve the stick he is getting he is just a limited footballer and hope he recovers soon.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #234 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 08:27:10 »

Comparing Woolery and Norris is like comparing apples and cheesecake. They're completely different.

Norris proved his value in his absence yesterday. Without him, and before Richards, we were dreadful, even though Woolery (and Knolyle) were the pick of the bunch. Some strikers are more important than the goals they score (14 this season isn't a bad return still).

The fact that some fans are pleased he's injured is shitty.

Yesterday summed up why we won't go up. A mixture of injuries to key players, a lack of quality and a lack of something slightly less quantifiable... spirit? desire? Not sure....

Also very interesting listening to Hussey and others allude to big problems behind the scenes under Flitcroft. May explain our inability to draw a game or actually battle for each other.

We've got the nucleus of a good L2 side for next season, assuming we can keep some key players. Would like to Brown stay too.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 09:05:23 by Panda Paws » Logged
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #235 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 08:29:59 »

Norris is a very limited footballer but he's been playing with a cast on his shoulder all season alongside a recurring ankle injury. He is vastly improved on last season. He doesn't catch the eye like woolery but he does a lot of the shitty work others don't. Defensively he gets in a lot of headers and blocks. He also does his share in midfield. None of the other strikers do this.  He's one of those players other players appreciate but fans don't. A bit like risser when he was here.
I think he would make a decent centre half.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 08:35:05 »

Lawrence Vigouroux instagram was most amusing yesterday

https://ibb.co/hr8kbc
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 08:37:18 by tans » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 08:46:38 »

Is that a pair of stags?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 08:52:28 »

We've got the nucleus of a good L2 side for next season, assuming we can keep some key players.

As a matter of interest, who do you (the TEF, not PP specifically) think the key contracted players are?

Me: Vigs-, Conroy*, Preston**, Taylor ***,  Richards *** - that's all I really rate, hence the question. Woolery could offer something. Norris and Anderson are useful squad players, but I wiouldn't want to build a promotion challenge around them - probably one or two others in that category too.

Of course you could include keeping loaners there. I guess that's fair enough and changes things a bit.

- Assuming he is motivated, doesn't do something stupid/leave of his own accord.
* Still got to be a question mark over fitness (see JSW)
** Assume he's still in contract
*** They are getting on. Quality - but there is a small risk of Nallising
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 08:57:00 »

Preston and Taylor are OOC.

Recokin Taylor will get offered a player cocach deal?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: