Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 39978 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 09:40:21 »

A lot of fans think the grass is greener on the other side re power. This may or may not be the case. Would a year in div 4 do us any harm? Like others have said, let's see what the summer brings (awaits we haven't signed 15 players in July etc).

We have to give Power some credit for the way the club is run behind the scenes. We are in a better place financially than previous owners.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Flashheart

« Reply #181 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 09:43:53 »

Power may well be incompetent but, despite all the rumours and gossip so far, nobody has presented a shred of evidence supporting claims he is nefarious. It may (or may not) be shit for a while but it could be much, much worse.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 09:45:15 »

A lot of fans think the grass is greener on the other side re power. This may or may not be the case. Would a year in div 4 do us any harm? Like others have said, let's see what the summer brings (awaits we haven't signed 15 players in July etc).

We have to give Power some credit for the way the club is run behind the scenes. We are in a better place financially than previous owners.

Agree with this... Although now I'm at the point where I'd rather he dipped into his pockets and he bumped us back up to L1 (assuming of course we do indeed go down in the next few weeks which looks incredibly likely)

If he insists with this same model in League Two I think I will break something.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 09:52:47 »

But what is his 'model'?

Yes we have a lot of loan players. This can be a good thing, but unfortunately this season we have recruited poorly. Take ince, he's been an excellent loan as has ajose. It's a shame we couldn't get them in sooner.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 09:55:51 »

But what is his 'model'?

You seriously don't know  Hmmm
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 10:11:48 »

You seriously don't know  Hmmm

Buy and sell players at a profit?! Surely that's what all lower league clubs do?

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 10:18:42 »

Club in a better position financially than when Power took over?

I'd be interested to hear comparative estimates on the total indebtedness of the club?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 10:22:04 »

Buy and sell players at a profit?! Surely that's what all lower league clubs do?

All lower/non league clubs would like to do it, many can't. Take Oxford, for example, they went something like 15 years without selling a player for a fee.

Power thinks because of his background in the game, he has a way of working the system to his, and by association "our" advantage.  The model is presently in pieces.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 10:30:18 »

The model is shit, this season and last (to a lesser degree) has clearly shown that.  The fact that Power hasn't come out and admitted it's been a disaster and he'll revisit it in the summer worries me greatly for next season.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 11:05:28 »

Next season, we'll lose our best players and Power will work the same system with less money, meaning surely that the quality of player that we acquire will be even worse? As Reg said, only 2 going down could be a saving grace.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 11:19:40 »

Henry, Barry, Brophy, Starkey, Branco, Conroy, Smith, Iandolo, Norris, Twine, Young    Aug 5 2017 home to Lincoln 0-3 4,516 Suicide

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Panda Paws

« Reply #191 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 11:50:22 »

Henry, Barry, Brophy, Starkey, Branco, Conroy, Smith, Iandolo, Norris, Twine, Young    Aug 5 2017 home to Lincoln 0-3 4,516 Suicide

Exactly what has happened in the past that suggests we won't recruit in the summer? Recruit well? Who knows.... but everyone's just guessing based on fuck all.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #192 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 11:56:43 »

Exactly what has happened in the past that suggests we won't recruit in the summer? Recruit well? Who knows.... but everyone's just guessing based on fuck all.
Exactly, and I would put money on that if we go down we will get near on 6,000 at least for the first game of the season. Even with a shit season and Power not investing I think we will still average well over 5,500 even if we go down.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 12:00:13 »

The Conroy signing shows that it is possible to pick up a rough diamond but he is 1 in about 10 and so the remaining 9 are usually pants. The quality of loanees since we had Pritchard, Mason etc has gone down and that's going to go down further in league 2.

Sherwood is really going to have to earn his corn next season as we are going to have to recruit a hell of a lot of players. Shame we didn't stay up as Ajose and Ince would be a cracking way to have started to strengthen going forward.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 12:08:02 »

Exactly, and I would put money on that if we go down we will get near on 6,000 at least for the first game of the season. Even with a shit season and Power not investing I think we will still average well over 5,500 even if we go down.

The impact on crowd is a bit of an imponderable...I'm sure I'm not the only one who knows previous long term season ticket holders who are not bothering this year
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: