Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 39139 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 13:59:00 »

highest win ratio ever, yes indeed, but apart from that, DV, what did that Roman ever do for Swindon?
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 14:08:02 »

You can't blame PDC as he only did what he was allowed too, yes he wasted a shit ton of money on crap players, paid them off and bought others but by god did he know how to make a team work together and get results.

The blame has to be with the owner and his paid staff who let it get to the level it did, PDC should be haveen knocked down a few pegs and told to keep to the budgets agreed but Nick Watkins and Black didn't and he ruled the roost.

Now we have a totally different owner who controls every minute detail at the club so it runs how he wants and not how the manager wants. We have had worse owners, we have had better owners...... Owners come and go, hopefully Power leaves something to be used by the future owners / players / fans but it depends on what side of the fence you sit
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 14:27:28 »

Indeed...not everybody's cup of tea but I fucking loved him.

A pipe dream compared to what we have at this point today.

No manager worth his salt would work in this model, even Kmac fucked off early doors when he saw what it was all about.

Desperados or hopeless punts (like we have now) is all we have to look forward too and frankly, the best we can get.

I have this Horrible feeling that Williams we be leading us out in August on a sun drenched pitch at Accrington....

What a load of total bollocks.

The sun never shines in Accrington!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 14:40:22 »

they have nice pies though iirc. it's not all doom and gloom

yup, at least they did : https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/news/local-news/pie-chart-shows-accrington-stanley-1273827.amp
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Thursday, April 20, 2017, 10:25:56 »

I had a dream that we beat Scunthorpe 5-0 on the weekend and moved out of the relegation zone.
Sadly in my dreams it is likely to remain

I come from a land down-under
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Thursday, April 20, 2017, 10:42:24 »

I had a dream that we beat Scunthorpe 5-0 on the weekend and moved out of the relegation zone.

The big numbers are usually for Scunny in this fixture. I'm only going to say this once, but Scunny have never won at the CG.

However, under the current regime, whereby results are secondary to turd polishing, we've seen a number of small badges of pride drain away from the club. For example, a first loss to Rochdale at the CG and Spotland. The biggest ever loss to a non league side in the Cup at the CG, and on for the lowest ever leading scorer in a season.
Hitchcock

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Friday, April 21, 2017, 00:04:07 »

Heart says we could still survive, head looks at the bookies odds - 1/7 to get relegated, that's 1/7!.  Saturday is going to be very painful.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Friday, April 21, 2017, 08:43:35 »

I am going on Saturday. My first home game in a while.

Could be twice I have seen town get relegated, pretty sure we went down when Iffy was manager. It was at Ashton Gate and think we drew 1-1?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Friday, April 21, 2017, 10:06:06 »

I am going on Saturday. My first home game in a while.

Could be twice I have seen town get relegated, pretty sure we went down when Iffy was manager. It was at Ashton Gate and think we drew 1-1?

Remember that game well. A draw was no good for either team as City need to win to keep alive their play off hopes. I got spat at after the game by a fat, brizzle slapper. Which was a particular highlight...

It's All Good..............
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Friday, April 21, 2017, 12:33:37 »

Remember that... Got a big man hug at the end of the game from another TEFer.

Wasn't that also the game where a minibus of us were getting shit from one of their fans driving his car, then he smashed into the car in front?
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Friday, April 21, 2017, 14:09:13 »

Remember that... Got a big man hug at the end of the game from another TEFer.

Wasn't that also the game where a minibus of us were getting shit from one of their fans driving his car, then he smashed into the car in front?

Yep
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: