Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England team v Russia  (Read 28651 times)
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #120 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 08:51:20 »

I love the way you can predict peoples verdicts on England results. I can guarantee the ones who say they have no interest in England anymore throughout the year are the ones who a month before tournaments tell the world how shit we will be then after a decent performance tell everyone how shit the opposition were.

So far i don't think i have seen one world class team and on Wales i don't think they were that good either. We will beat them by 2-3 clear goals. As someone famously said on here that is a FACT
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 08:52:10 »

Well I have no fears in us facing england.

Skrtel should have not been on the pitch.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 09:19:24 »

Germany for me have impressed me the most so far, apart from at the back where they look pretty ropey.

Apart from then, and France in bits, no team has stood out as being head and shoulders better than the rest, however we still have Spain, Italy and Belgium to come.

If we can get an early goal or two against the Welsh then we should win comfortably. If we go in at half time at 0-0, things could get awkward. Slovakia didn't impress me that much and Wales generally (apart from the first 5 minutes) contained Hamsik well.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 09:29:32 »

This was the best I've seen England play for a long, long time.

Sucker punch at the end, but lot's of positives to take from the game..

I, personally, thought Rooney was superb.. I don't understand the reservations that people have for him. Opinions are like arseholes, I guess.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 09:30:22 »

Yeah I've gotta say, I was a big critic of Rooneys before the tournament but I thought he was excellent.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #125 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 09:34:54 »

Contain Bale and we will win.

Easy.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 09:47:28 »

Contain Bale and we will win.

Easy.

Exactly. They have one of the best players in the tournament, but not much else.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 09:52:33 »

Agree with all the comments about Rooney, I thought he was excellent in midfield.

Who do we play on the left wing instead of Sterling then? Its so frustrating to see yet another whippet footballer not having a football brain, countless scooby doo style runs down the wing to fuck up a cross or give the ball away.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 09:53:23 »

Agree with all the comments about Rooney, I thought he was excellent in midfield.

Who do we play on the left wing instead of Sterling then? Its so frustrating to see yet another whippet footballer not having a football brain, countless scooby doo style runs down the wing to fuck up a cross or give the ball away.

I'd rather have Vardy there than Sterling.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #129 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 09:56:12 »

Exactly. They have one of the best players in the tournament, but not much else.
I hate the saying "one man team" but they really are, he would turn any side into a good side just with his presence, him, Messi and Ronaldo are probably the 3 best players in the world right now and Wales are very lucky to have him.

How we deal with that I don't know, he should probably have a man marking him all game but I don't think England have a player capable of doing that who can tackle and has pace. Being a man marker is not much of a part of the modern game, unlike in olden days when Styles, Vogts, Gentile etc.

I have a feeling it will be Diers job.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 09:56:28 »

I'd rather have Vardy there than Sterling.

I'd rather have Reg Vardy there than Sterling.

Barry Scott

« Reply #131 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 09:59:44 »

I'm not afraid to say Rooney proved me wrong in this one and found overall it was a good performance and game.

Sure we were a touch unlucky, but we should have put it to bed long before that. There were negatives (mainly wasting Kane on set-pieces, finishing and Sterling), but they were far outweighed by the positives.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 10:00:30 »

I'd rather have Reg Vardy there than Sterling.
What, with 'Jack' going missing in midfield, 'Blakey' on the wing and 'Olive' moping at the back while 'Arthur' was injured and on the bench?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #133 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 10:04:31 »

What, with 'Jack' going missing in midfield, 'Blakey' on the wing and 'Olive' moping at the back while 'Arthur' was injured and on the bench?
Nah, Reg Vardy has a much better motor than Sterling.

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 10:33:14 »

I hate the saying "one man team" but they really are, he would turn any side into a good side just with his presence, him, Messi and Ronaldo are probably the 3 best players in the world right now and Wales are very lucky to have him.

How we deal with that I don't know, he should probably have a man marking him all game but I don't think England have a player capable of doing that who can tackle and has pace. Being a man marker is not much of a part of the modern game, unlike in olden days when Styles, Vogts, Gentile etc.

I have a feeling it will be Diers job.

Probably the best player we have for that role.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: