Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England Squad  (Read 18643 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 11:11:01 »

I'm a big fan of Rooney, personally.

I'd be quite happy to see him play in an advanced midfield role, like he has done for Manchester United over the season.

He's much better in that 'Paul Scholes' role, than up front.

I also agree with the Harry Kane scenario.. strange to have him on set pieces..

Yet against Portugal he seemed to be playing through the middle in advance of Kane and Vardy with essentially the point of the diamond permanently splitting the strikers, not playing the no.10 support role, leaving the peculiar situation that we had the two most in form strikers in the country flanking an out of form player who seemed to be playing where he wanted to play rather than to the system, hence Vardy and Kane spending the majority of the game tracking back and thus not doing what they were supposed to do. If Rooney plays where he is supposed to play its a system he plays well, if he uses it as an opportunity to circumvent all the objections to his playing up front and still essentially plays as a striker its either him not understanding the system or deliberately not playing where he should, claiming to be a midfielder to get in the team and then ignoring that!

No idea why Kane was taking the set pieces, it was not as if he was even taking them very well?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: