Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England team v Russia  (Read 28417 times)
kirky69

Ignore
« on: Monday, June 6, 2016, 23:09:01 »

Less than a week till the Russia game and here is my starting 11.
Hart
Walker Cahill Smalling Rose
Dyer Henderson
Sterling Ali Lallana
Kane

No room for Rooney as Roy plays too many players out of position to accomodate him. Milner not good enough and Barkley inconsistent.
Would like to fit Vardy in but not sure his play suits our style.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2016, 07:18:31 »

Hart up front and rooney in goal, as if we beat them the fuckers will invade most likely Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2016, 08:12:33 »

Hart up front and rooney in goal, as if we beat them the fuckers will invade most likely Smiley
`

You may take the piss but Woy may do that as he is legally bound to shoehorn Rooney into the team somewhere!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2016, 08:29:42 »

Formation is more important than personnel for me.

The diamond midfield with 2 up top hasn't worked recently, the 4-2-3-1 has and we got a lot more creativity from it.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2016, 08:32:37 »

Less than a week till the Russia game and here is my starting 11.
Hart
Walker Cahill Smalling Rose
Dyer Henderson
Sterling Ali Lallana
Kane

No room for Rooney as Roy plays too many players out of position to accomodate him. Milner not good enough and Barkley inconsistent.
Would like to fit Vardy in but not sure his play suits our style.

I had to double take there to work out who Dyer (Dier) was. For a stupid moment I thought Kieran Dyer had played his way back into contention!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2016, 10:14:37 »

I had to double take there to work out who Dyer (Dier) was. For a stupid moment I thought Kieran Dyer had played his way back into contention!

Kieron has still probably got a contract somwhere like Newcastle....

TBF Kieron may be a thoroughly decent bloke, but he did come to represent all things wrong with the Prem...namely a one trick pony, who could trouser millions for sitting around on his arse for 5 or 6 years.

I think Woy will pick the Portugal starting X1, assuming all fit. We did win, and I'm sure he'd take a similar performance now, if it delivers a result.

I'm thinking we haven't played the victors of the Great Patriotic War in a competitive game, since the denouement of Euro 88. An England classic campaign...p3 w0 d0 l3.  Such future STFC luminaries as Glenn Hoddle and v the Soviets Steve McMahon unable to provide any crumb of comfort.

What was good about those  80's tournaments was shortish, and nobody watched.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2016, 10:28:27 »

Kieron has still probably got a contract somwhere like Newcastle....

TBF Kieron may be a thoroughly decent bloke, but he did come to represent all things wrong with the Prem...namely a one trick pony, who could trouser millions for sitting around on his arse for 5 or 6 years.

I think Woy will pick the Portugal starting X1, assuming all fit. We did win, and I'm sure he'd take a similar performance now, if it delivers a result.

I'm thinking we haven't played the victors of the Great Patriotic War in a competitive game, since the denouement of Euro 88. An England classic campaign...p3 w0 d0 l3.  Such future STFC luminaries as Glenn Hoddle and v the Soviets Steve McMahon unable to provide any crumb of comfort.

What was good about those  80's tournaments was shortish, and nobody watched.

Dyer turned out in Soccer Aid the other night and miraculously didn't get injured, I am no great fan of his but to be fair the main reason he didn't play was because he was injured, including a broken leg 10 days after his West Ham debut leading to 17 months out plus having hamstrings made of glass, he then when to QPR and got stretchered off on his debut being out for another season? On a positive point he managed to seriously piss of Gold and Sullivan at West Ham which is never a bad thing!

He is apparently a youth coach at Ipswich now!  
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2016, 10:48:16 »

England's record at the Euro Championships, 1 knock out victory, 0 in normal time.

Hideous.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2016, 13:20:44 »

Think I'd rather him than Rooney  Cheesy
adje

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2016, 18:56:38 »

I think it will be as v portugal except wilshere for milner

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2016, 18:57:37 »

I also predict delli ali will be sent off.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2016, 19:12:52 »

We already have. After your referendum to quit the EC you will be "invited" to join the Federation  COYR
Barry Scott

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2016, 19:56:33 »

I think it will be as v portugal except wilshere for milner

I recently decided to start watching England again, and then unfortunately saw the Portugal game.

If Roy tries to accommodate that hairless ginger man-child against Russia (which seems annoyingly likely) I think I'll be giving England (excluding potential glory-hunting) a wide berth.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2016, 20:44:20 »

Rooney haters.  Zzz
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2016, 09:16:17 »

Formation is more important than personnel for me.

The diamond midfield with 2 up top hasn't worked recently, the 4-2-3-1 has and we got a lot more creativity from it.

Agree, most of our likely starters, Vardy aside, play this formation week in, week out.

Assuming you have to accommodate Wayne, I'd go same back four as V Portugal, then

Dier                  Henderson/ Wilshere (depending on fitness)

Rooney               Ali               Sturridge

Kane

Think Vardy can make more of an impact from the bench, ditto Rashford.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: