Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Euro 2016  (Read 103433 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 20:57:43 »

Wales played well tonight. Could have swung either way and Belgium could have had a penalty but Wales took their chances, 3 great goals (from 3 Englishmen.. ahem).

Portugal are beatable too.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 20:58:14 »

Tintin, Hercule Poirot, erm some bloke that makes Chocolate, Mr Artois, your boys took one hell of a beating ....
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 20:59:09 »

Era defining moment for Wales.

Also....

...TWO SWINDON LINKS! TWO SWINDON LINKS! TWO SWINDON LINKS!

You're welcome, Wales.

I know i'm going to kick myself, but Robson-Kanu, who's the other?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 21:00:16 »

I know i'm going to kick myself, but Robson-Kanu, who's the other?

Paul Trollope, obv.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 21:00:20 »

Wales played well tonight. Could have swung either way and Belgium could have had a penalty but Wales took their chances, 3 great goals (from 3 Englishmen.. ahem).

Portugal are beatable too.
Haha, fair point!
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 21:01:12 »

Paul Trollope, obv.

Ah OK, had no idea he was part of the Wales set up.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 21:04:30 »

Theres a good old welsh/Birmingham accent on now Wink
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 21:06:27 »

Why do so many of the English support Wales? I don't get it. They fucking loved us losing to Iceland - the Welsh team and the general public.

I wanted them to be humiliated 7-0. The vast majority of the pub were cheering them on as if England were playing.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 21:07:57 »

Why do so many of the English support Wales? I don't get it. They fucking loved us losing to Iceland - the Welsh team and the general public.

I wanted them to be humiliated 7-0. The vast majority of the pub were cheering them on as if England were playing.

Because we are more civilised than them?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 21:09:39 »

Home nations, innit? Plus it's always nice to support them in a patronising kind of way even if they are doing better than us. Bit like if Supermarine got into the 2nd round of the FA Cup after our traditional 1st round exit
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 21:11:49 »

Superb game which Wales deservedly won and sets up Bale v Ronaldo in the semi, people thought Bale was tongue in cheek when he said no England players would get in their team. He seems to have a point
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 21:12:53 »

Why not? Same island same people bar minor differences. Its good to take the piss, but also good to see them do well. that goes for the Irish and the Scottish also. Plus I doubt there are many of us who don't have Welsh, Irish, Scottish connections or family? I've got family in all 4 camps, + Aussies and Kiwis, So I like them to do well when not against us also.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 21:13:13 »

Home nations, innit? Plus it's always nice to support them in a patronising kind of way even if they are doing better than us. Bit like if Supermarine got into the 2nd round of the FA Cup after our traditional 1st round exit

This is all well and good but I have to do a presentation to 20 pub managers in Swansea on Monday. Please feel my pain
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 21:13:23 »

We were expected to do reasonably well but played like a bunch of amateurs, Wales are just happy to be involved but have done rather well.
If I was Welsh i'd have probably laughed at England's exit too to be fair, it was laughably bad.

Good luck to the England B team, hope they go on and win it.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 21:14:37 »

Why not? Same island same people bar minor differences. Its good to take the piss, but also good to see them do well. that goes for the Irish and the Scottish also. Plus I doubt there are many of us who don't have Welsh, Irish, Scottish connections or family? I've got family in all 4 camps, + Aussies and Kiwis, So I like them to do well when not against us also.

Yes but none of them seem to feel the same. In my experience all of those countries love seeing England lose to anyone at anything
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: