Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Euro 2016  (Read 103387 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #60 on: Saturday, June 11, 2016, 22:12:08 »

It's kicking off against the Irish and Polish now apparently.

As for the Russian fans charging the English fans after the final whistle (which could easily have been the other way around), there was supposedly little to no segregation. Even after the clashes over the last couple of days or so...
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, June 11, 2016, 22:19:30 »

The "ISIS where are you" read totally different to me when I first heard it was being chanted. It sounded to me a bit of a defiant "fuck you - we're doing this despite your attempts to stop us." Interesting how things can be interpreted differently..

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Flashheart

« Reply #62 on: Saturday, June 11, 2016, 22:25:21 »

Regardless of the interpretation, I struggle to see how it is relevant to the clashes that have been occurring. Was it somehow a taunt to French/Russian fans?

I know you didn't bring it up Ells, another person did earlier.
Flashheart

« Reply #63 on: Saturday, June 11, 2016, 22:28:13 »

Hang on, I think I've missed something.

Is it being suggested that the "ISIS" chants are somehow goading the French because of what happened last year? I find that hard to believe even from the knuckle-dragging sect of our society.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, June 11, 2016, 22:31:02 »

Exactly. I can see it from one or two twats on Twitter who later claim to have been hacked once their mums find out, but not from a whole group of supporters trying to start a fight.

Flashheart

« Reply #65 on: Saturday, June 11, 2016, 22:37:25 »

Of all nations competing, Brits are perhaps THE biggest target for ISIS, for obvious reasons. Even your stereo-typical Millwall fan will know that. I struggle to see it as anything more as a statement of defiance against terrorism.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, June 11, 2016, 22:39:46 »

Also this

Unconfirmed reports one England fan dead.

Fucks me right off (not you personally Audrey) but that anytime there is ANY violence anywhere some under loved person on social media starts a rumour that someone's been stabbed etc and it gains popularity. Happens every time, from this to Arsenal/Spurs in the cup. Its grim that people get so excited by being the first to "break the news" that these things spread.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, June 11, 2016, 22:42:09 »

Unconfirmed rumours that an England fan has been pushed under a train on the Marseille metro...

Things get better but they never get good
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 00:14:25 »

Worth a read

http://www.joe.co.uk/sport/disgraceful-scenes-at-the-final-whistle-as-russians-charge-at-fleeing-england-fans/66250

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 04:05:55 »

Anyone fancy going to the WC in Russia?

A lot of the trouble seems to include 'locals'. In Nice they attacked both NI and Polish fans.

What a jolly tournament this is turning out to be.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 07:50:50 »

Watched a lot of videos on twitter and speaking to mates out there, local french and Russians are clearly organised and targeting england fans. Also, id suggest french policing methods were partly to blame for the issues with England fans on Friday.

Obviously there are some knuckle dragging England fans there and can be partially to blame but from what I have seen/heard its Russians instigating problems.

Anyone even remotely thinking of going to Russia needs their head looked at, it will be absolute carnage.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 08:27:23 »

None of it is surprising really. The "local" youths did exactly the same in France 98.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 09:32:02 »

Has there been any other trouble with other countries fans, or are English fans more publicised and in the media more?

Remember the world cup in France in 1998, when German fans kicked off and a french policeman twas killed, that drew hardly any interest from our media in comparison
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 10:17:59 »

Watched a lot of videos on twitter and speaking to mates out there, local french and Russians are clearly organised and targeting england fans. Also, id suggest french policing methods were partly to blame for the issues with England fans on Friday.

Obviously there are some knuckle dragging England fans there and can be partially to blame but from what I have seen/heard its Russians instigating problems.

Anyone even remotely thinking of going to Russia needs their head looked at, it will be absolute carnage.

Not sure about the carnage. The authorities/police here deal very effectively with such violence. It might be better to say anyone even remotely thinking of going to Russia for a fight needs their head looked at, they could be very sore.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 11:59:43 »

None of it is surprising really. The "local" youths did exactly the same in France 98.
A lot of the trouble seems to include 'locals'. In Nice they attacked both NI and Polish fans.

What are all these inverted commas intended to communicate?
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 12:01:50 by Red Frog » Logged

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: