Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Fleetwood Match Day Thread  (Read 23570 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 16:16:04 »

I expected an away win prior to kick-off with Fleetwood scrapping harder than we have to. Sounds like it should have been the case, but it wasn't and it turned out to be an okay point.

1000+ super-fan points goes to those who can stomach the travel up to Oldham on Tuesday as that will not be pretty.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 16:16:42 »

Sheer comedy gold. Cant believe these players get paid for that. Sexy football my ringpiece.
Inept football team, inept manager and inept owner. Only a couple of more games to go and I can wash my hands of this farce.
Can't find much to argue about there.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 16:18:26 »

Sheer comedy gold. Cant believe these players get paid for that. Sexy football my ringpiece.
Inept football team, inept manager and inept owner. Only a couple of more games to go and I can wash my hands of this farce.
No better at FGR then?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 16:21:33 »

10 points clear of 21st.

A massive point, with the likes of Blackpool and Chesterfield winning, we'd have been right in trouble, if Fleetwood had got the points. It keeps them back down, now if we can do the same to Oldham on Tuesday, we should be OK.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 16:22:59 »

Slightly distorted by the fact Vigs, Nathan and Obika are out, that's pretty much the spine, and we appear to be very bad with those missing. Not so when they are all playing.
And Kasim!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 16:25:33 »

More than happy with a point.

The goalmouth scramble in the 2nd half was one of the best things I've ever witnessed
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 16:26:40 »

Terrible performance . . . . from the referee!!  Terrible performance from the people who choose mom, give it to a guy who only played 30 mins - that should have been Belford's - he kept us in it at times with some smart saves.  Terrible performance from Hylton and Rodgers who were rightly subbed - and the substitutions probably saved us a point!  But at the end of the day we were carved open so many times by a team that just couldn't finish.  Kicked off 7 mins late as nobody had bothered to check Belford's kit - which clashed with theirs!!  Laugh a minute out there today!!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 16:46:44 »

I expected an away win prior to kick-off with Fleetwood scrapping harder than we have to. Sounds like it should have been the case, but it wasn't and it turned out to be an okay point.

1000+ super-fan points goes to those who can stomach the travel up to Oldham on Tuesday as that will not be pretty.

I'm working in Manchester this week and I'm not even sure if I'm going to go. No enthusiasm what so ever.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 16:46:48 »

we were lucky today.

For 20 minutes after the subs we looked good, for most of the other 70 we looked like the injury hit team that lost Cooper his job.

But a points a point.
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 16:53:32 »

When is Vigs due back?

And for that matter Obika?

Apparently Vigs got a blood clot that needed to be sorted (?) and is being seen by Liverpool. Sounds like Belford will be in goal for the next few weeks. Good saves today, though.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 17:01:57 »

Luckiest point I can remember for a long time, one attempt, one goal. Quite a a nice comeback I did not expect in the second half, led by the enthusiasm, good covering and accurate passing by Traore. He seemed quite wound up, clapping and encouraging his teammates.

ust be the oldest
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 17:23:57 »

No better at FGR then?
owing to a heavy shopping trip this morning I couldn't spare the time but im scouting for next season. I cant stay at home and do diy or even more shopping.
however, shopping, diy and watching todays shower of shit would make the perfect hat trick.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 17:24:24 »

I heard Williams call our defence mannekins as they stood still and watched us being carved open at times - what you gonna do about it Luke?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 17:25:08 »

No better at FGR then?
soapy tit wank drew 0-0 against nine men!!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 17:27:34 »

Well I quite enjoyed that second half. Fleetwood scored, predictably from a corner pretty soon after kick off and we were pretty poor.

Second half was crying out for Traore to come on and the game changed as he took the game by the scruff of the neck. Doughty and Boo started to combine and it was a great run and cross by Doughty that Ajose tucked away. Louis Thompson then hit the bar from another dangerous Doughty (I think) cross but we couldn't find the crucial breakthrough. Time and again good opportunities were wasted with simple passes that were under hit, very annoying.

Defensively we were a holocaust, a better side would have taken 3 points today. Belford made 2 excellent one on one saves but looked uncomfortable when Fleetwood were crossing the ball.

I actually thought Hylton looked quite useful today, good trickery and touch, but generally nothing really going his way. Doughty put in a shift but he had to as Rodgers and Louis Thompson (surprisingly) were passengers.

Glad not to lose but the standard of football on show was pretty abysmal today. Oh and I think Boo was rightly booked for his dive, or it could have been for the diabolical first touch from a beautiful pass by Hylton.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: