Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Fleetwood Match Day Thread  (Read 23542 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 18:19:26 »

Me too - looked like he'd overhit it, realised he was never going to get near it and went down as soon as he felt the touch.

First half terrible, second half entertaining in a "what the fuck is going to happen next" kind of way. Both sides poor, neither deserved to win
He definitely overhit it, but the keeper definitely brought him down - in my opinion - you have seen them given but the ball was running away from the goal and not towards it.  Soft option by the ref, same as the Belford one!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 18:20:19 »

Another observation was that our fans appear to have already given up this season as well
Reg has not given this season up, he still thinks we are in with a chance of relegation!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 18:21:30 »

Highlights are on sky.

Looks like I'm wrong about the penalty, looks stonewall. The Fleetwood goal line ping pong is hilarious!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 18:22:47 »

Well yeah, because we're not going up or down.
No one has paid £25 to hear me say that though. It's common sense.
It wasn't a criticism.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 18:26:01 »

Fleetwood will leave that game feeling more disheartenend. Sky Sports app have the highlights, deary me, Devante Cole isn't as clinical a finisher as his dad was.

They will probably be in L2 next season.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 18:28:03 »

Highlights here

http://www.skysports.com/football/swindon-vs-fleetwood/report/340562
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #126 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 18:34:03 »

Thanks for that.

Hmmm Belford made a couple nice saves but looks lost at other times.

BOO lost the ball with a bad touch and looked for the penalty, not surprised the ref booked him TBH.

Devante Cole.....gained us a point with that appalling finish, nice.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 18:46:01 »

Reg has not given this season up, he still thinks we are in with a chance of relegation!

Absolutely....although in this century only 2 teams have gone down with 51 points, and none with 52.  Rovers of course managed it in 00/01 and Torquay in 04/05, so a point on Tuesday would pretty much do it. Oldham's home form has been their undoing this season...a nice little 0-0 would do fine.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 18:58:26 »

Jeez their forwards are comedy gold. How many of those chances though were from stupid pass backs?
Paul Mason

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 19:10:19 »

Oh do fuck off! If someone has a terrible game then they get criticised especially when it's an absolute shocker. You only seem to pop up on here when your precious Belford is discussed one way or another.
The defensive unit as a whole has been a shambles over the last 3 games and there seems to be be little or no communication or leadership back there. Other than Thompson (and Vigs if he signs) I'd hope none of our current defensive unit are starters next season.

Clap Clap still suffering with those anger issues Theakston i see! I make one comment and you launch into one, maybe that ball that hit the crossbar 3 times also caught you on the side of the head  Cheesy

I do however agree that the back three looked a bit of a mess
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 19:20:31 »

Clap Clap still suffering with those anger issues Theakston i see! I make one comment and you launch into one, maybe that ball that hit the crossbar 3 times also caught you on the side of the head  Cheesy

I do however agree that the back three looked a bit of a mess
Not really I just have no time for snipey posts like yours, how dare fans criticise what Scunthorpe fans described as the worst goalkeeping display that had ever seen. Fact remains he's a conference level goalkeeper (at best) along with a number of others that have played in the last few games.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 19:24:01 »

At least he went.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 19:24:12 »

Terrible performance . . . . from the referee!!  Terrible performance from the people who choose mom, give it to a guy who only played 30 mins - that should have been Belford's - he kept us in it at times with some smart saves.  Terrible performance from Hylton and Rodgers who were rightly subbed - and the substitutions probably saved us a point!  But at the end of the day we were carved open so many times by a team that just couldn't finish.  Kicked off 7 mins late as nobody had bothered to check Belford's kit - which clashed with theirs!!  Laugh a minute out there today!!

This completely.  Should have guessed from the farce with the shirt at the beginning how the game would pan out.  At times it was so bad, it was comical.

A couple of other things to mention:

Branco and Louis both seemed to be really struggling and looked unfit.  Turnbull was continually having to clear up after Branco.  No wonder he was dead on his feet at the end.
BOO - is shit.  His first touch is atrocious, he's far too lightweight, very rarely beats a player and on the occasions he does, either overhits or underhits his crosses.
Why is Rodgers preferred to Traore?
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 19:31:22 »

Just watched highlights, how the fuck did they only score 1
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 19:32:39 »

Good result, one point closer to 50
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: