Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Fleetwood Match Day Thread  (Read 23034 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 19:33:25 »

BOO - is shit.  His first touch is atrocious, he's far too lightweight, very rarely beats a player and on the occasions he does, either overhits or underhits his crosses.
Why is Rodgers preferred to Traore?

Betty Boo had a mare. I'd like to know how bad BOO has to be to subbed and give Brophy a chance.
The question is more likely, why is Rodgers preferred over anybody?

Our defending was shambolic. How we only conceded one goal was simply down to their poor finishing. The scramble where they hit the post, bar and a few off the line, then missed an open goal from a few yards out was a case in point.

When will we get in a coach that actually knows how to get the team to defend? Only one clean sheet at home in 20 is shocking.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Paul Mason

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 19:37:03 »

Not really I just have no time for snipey posts like yours, how dare fans criticise what Scunthorpe fans described as the worst goalkeeping display that had ever seen. Fact remains he's a conference level goalkeeper (at best) along with a number of others that have played in the last few games.

I make one post and you jump down my throat with abuse, there are constant negative posts on here about all sorts, including from yourself, Belford a back up keeper not a first choice gets loads not just after the Scunthorpe game and the point i made the other day was surely the bigger concerns were about first choice starting players performances. As you stated if some one plays badly they take flak so the flip side is that does that not mean you should praise him for today?

I repeat my point yet again, there are bigger concerns than how a second choice goalkeeper plays hence perhaps debate should be more about that

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 19:41:55 »

I would of taken the draw before kick off and was quite relieved when we got it.

Self inflicted pressure does my tits and there was loads of it today.

Players looked lethargic and a bit clueless whereas Fleetwood looked organised and well drilled.

Best goalmouth scramble I have seen and I celebrated like it was a goal when it eventually went out.

Another two or three points and that will be enough. Fuck this season off.

Sat next to power and he was effing and blinding first half.

Brendan Rodgers also there to see his youngin dish up another load of shite. How long has he left with us?!

Clems Army!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 19:44:24 »

Brendan Rodgers also there to see his youngin dish up another load of shite. How long has he left with us?!

Unless someone buys him in the summer (don't laugh!!) another year, financed by the Liverpool friendly last year.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Paul Mason

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 19:50:15 »

I didnt see what the attendance was today, what was the number?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 19:52:41 »

Did anyone notice the booing from the executive box at full time?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 19:56:22 »

Sat next to power and he was effing and blinding first half.

In many ways our current comic ineptitude is good, because Power can be under no illusions that we're anywhere near good enough to avoid another relegation caampaign next season.

So unless that's what he wants then some action will be needed over the summer.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 19:56:36 »

Good result, one point closer to 50
Nope, we're actually one further away from 50 than we were
woolster

« Reply #143 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 19:57:55 »

I didnt see what the attendance was today, what was the number?
6311 (98)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 20:01:25 »

I make one post and you jump down my throat with abuse, there are constant negative posts on here about all sorts, including from yourself, Belford a back up keeper not a first choice gets loads not just after the Scunthorpe game and the point i made the other day was surely the bigger concerns were about first choice starting players performances. As you stated if some one plays badly they take flak so the flip side is that does that not mean you should praise him for today?

I repeat my point yet again, there are bigger concerns than how a second choice goalkeeper plays hence perhaps debate should be more about that

I disagree, modern football is a squad game and any player coming in needs to fit straight into a playing system be that a centre mid or goalkeeper. I don't believe in coincidences and up until Good Friday our defence had looked a lot more solid. The only component that changed was the goalkeeper, yes he played at Coventry but they offered pretty much no attacking threat. Against Wigan JSW was having a go at him in the second half and today it was Branco so it's clear the defence aren't that confident with him.
He made a few decent saves today but all from one on ones and that is probably his one strength as he can spread himself. However on the flip side the defence was all over the place yet again and any high ball in had Belford looking like a lost sheep. The modern goalkeeper is tall, lean, agile and good with their feet. Belford is the opposite short, stocky, heavy on his feet and sits on his line, I challenge you too find any top level goalkeeper with the physique of Belford. People underestimate just how much a change of goalkeeper can disrupt a team especially if said team plays with a sweeper keeper.
Yes we are unlikely to get a really good number 2 but like any outfield player an incoming player should fit in with the playing style.
The backups we have including the sub keeper aren't up to the job and I personally see that as a major issue. Anyway before this turns into another Belford thread I've said my piece and will leave it st that.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 21:00:07 »

That was incredible, the most inept defending I've watched since the Div 4 Trollope/Beamish days.  I've never seen anything like that scramble. The highlights omitted their clearest chance (the first half one on one).

Definite penalty for BOO but after his pathetically embarrassing first half dive he was never going to get a decision there.

Two really dreadful teams who would have lost to anyone in the division other than each other.  Bloke behind me summed up perfectly as "end to end crap".    Thank god that point makes us virtually safe.  Easy to see how we could lose every remaining game but the bottom 3 and Fleetwood won't catch us from here.

Belford earned us the point and I was really pleased for him but his critics are right to be fair, he's not an FL keeper.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 21:38:28 »

Unless someone buys him in the summer (don't laugh!!) another year, financed by the Liverpool friendly last year.

FFS! I hope a 'mutual agreement' is coming!

Clems Army!
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 21:38:44 »

Without reading back through....

We were generally shit, luckily they were even more shit in front of goal. Literally, they could have scored 6 or more in the last 20 minutes alone with the chances they had.

Ref was an absolute abortion. BOO should've been booked for his first pen shout in the first half, blatant dive. Second one looked a blatant pen from the DRS in the second half. Stopping the game for Belford coming out well to retrieve the ball in front of the looming fleetwood player.... I reckon he blew up thinking it was a pen before standing there for 5 seconds and quite rightly doubting himself and then making up some shit excuse about thinking it was a head injury...pillock.

Louis was abysmal in general by his usual standards. Hylton had moments of inspiration immediately followed by complete guff. Not his day. Traore was decent when he came on. Belford thankfully had a decent game. He looks brilliant coming out one on one with attackers but I can't help but think he has pockets full of rocks if he has to dive or get across goal for anything. I might be being unfair not having seen the replay of it, but from what I could see that goal mouth scramble partly came from him not laying his hat on a reasonably comfortable save, I even thought he'd managed to chuck it into his own net at one point. That was probably one of the most ridiculous moments of football I've ever witnessed.

Dougherty was a standout performer for me though ( I know that's not saying much), like the look of him though. He's a bit of an oil tanker, but he looks to be a really clever player. Not everything came off for him today but he was the only one providing any sort of quality today...almost to the point where a few players around him (in particular BOO) couldn't keep up with him.

It would have been an enjoyable second half for the neutral. Can't remember a game really where I've come away thinking that the oppo should've netted 6 or 7, yet thought we could nick the win at any moment too. Bizarre.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 23:19:13 »

I didn't go today so I'm not going to disagree with anyone's assessment of the game.
The only question I have as someone who hasn't been to many games this season is where's the problem?
3/4 weeks ago people were on here saying next year we could challenge with the addition of a couple of players, today we look inadequate and will struggle next season.
Where does the problem lie and what's changed? Do we have a good XI and a average squad which causes us to struggle when players are out?
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 00:01:29 »

I didn't go today so I'm not going to disagree with anyone's assessment of the game.
The only question I have as someone who hasn't been to many games this season is where's the problem?
3/4 weeks ago people were on here saying next year we could challenge with the addition of a couple of players, today we look inadequate and will struggle next season.
Where does the problem lie and what's changed? Do we have a good XI and a average squad which causes us to struggle when players are out?

Injuries and suspensions are the current problem, back up players are not good enough.
Without Obika the front line is dwarf like and too lightweight to hold any balls pumped up to them.
Back 3 do not look as effective without NT and Belford doesn't seem to inspire the same confidence as Vigs does.

Don't get me started on why Rodgers gets a spot ahead of Traore or anyone for that matter

That's my take on it anyway
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: