Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Fleetwood Match Day Thread  (Read 22875 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« on: Friday, April 1, 2016, 23:25:10 »

When we beat Fleetwood last year it meant we had defeated all the other 91 clubs. I believe only Bradford and us have done this.  And in the away fixture a Town fan managed to see us play at every league club. Both impressive achievements, no doubt.

I'll take a win, impressive or otherwise.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 07:00:31 by donkey » Logged

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Talk Talk

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 00:37:55 »

Not going to the match. Against the grain as a season ticket holder and a regular. I can't be stuffed if the players can't. Also as the better (fingers crossed) weather has arrived, I have a shed load of stuff to get done outside before the summer.

Will listen on the radio to the inevitable defeat.

<meh>
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 00:43:17 »

This is a massive game...the general assumption is complacent..we've got 50 points 8 games to go we're OK. It doesn't work like that..we need to see a reaction from last wekend.

Has Luke Williams got it in him? I hope so, because by Tuesday night he could be very much in the deep doo doo.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 06:20:36 »

Too right we need a reaction from those cunts. Wigan was disappointing but you accept it and move on - they were bigger/better/parachute payments etc. Scunthorpe though - fuck me that was totally unacceptable. If Williams is even half the coach Power seems to think he is, he will have them well fired up and we'll see a reaction. If not...  Suicide

Can't bring myself to make a prediction, just want to see a 200% improvement in performance.
REDBUCK

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 07:01:02 »

Trouble is you can't coach what's needed within the character of the squad, no matter how good a coach you are. Williams has already admitted that he may not be a good judge of character in terms of not being able to spot those that have the necessary aggression, heart, fight for a battle.

if he's a good coach and a nice man no wonder players who like playing pretty football but don't necessarily like putting a foot in or being physical like learning to weave pretty patterns all week.

The result of today's game will be all about how well we start, if our  method of play bears early fruit we may grow in confidence however if Fleetwood are as physical as I expect them to be and hassle us out making any progress or even get in front then based on Monday we are unlikely to be for a battle.

A nervy 90 mins ahead for me, but we shall see and live in hope they've discovered something this week. 
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 07:01:30 »

0-3 - Hope I'm wrong..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Paul Mason

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 07:10:00 »

Bouncebackability in the sunshine today  Too Cool

I think we as fans have an important part to play today, yes we have all been frustrated with last weekend but i think we need to get behind the team right from kick off and throughout even if things dont go perfectly. At the end is the time to boo if we see fit but not if the slightest thing goes wrong as getting on the players backs wont really help.

Fleetwood are trying to avoid relegation themselves and yes they thumped us at their place but i think we will either draw or sneak a win 2-1 or 3-2 today.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 07:24:04 »

nobody gets to be a professional player/manger by accepting the shit of last weekend. we will see a reaction, it's down to a case of whether we are actually good enough with the players available.

hope TB can sorry his head out as the crowd will be jittery if an early goal goes in.

i think we will scrape a 1-1
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 07:38:12 »

At least JSW is back today... right?!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
bleko89

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 07:48:05 »

Must win for both sides today, I think we have in it us to win quite comfortably ,2-0 win.
REDBUCK

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 07:49:21 »

nobody gets to be a professional player/manger by accepting the shit of last weekend. we will see a reaction, it's down to a case of whether we are actually good enough with the players available.

Years of evidence would suggest that's not the case. They can make the noises and run around harder this week but if they were truly professional they wouldn't have allowed it to happen in the first place
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 08:19:26 »

I think we should remind ourselves that, dire though the last two performances have been, we did go 7 games unbeaten before that which shows these are not bad players.

It is therefore down to Williams to get the players back to basics and give an acceptable level of performance. Seeing as he's just signed a 5 year deal, I really, really hope he can do this.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 08:22:39 »

All we need is the players to show a little passion. Oh wait, we don't do passion. We do sexy, pointless passing. We've mastered the art of going nowhere fast. Normally I forecast a 0 0 draw. Simply cant see this bunch of Tommy Jenkins look alikes get much more than an embarrassing defeat. I'll go for 4 1 to Fleetwood.
I might pop over to see Forest Green v Wrexham.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 08:28:52 »

Feel very pessimistic for today's game. Would happily take a draw just to keep distance between us and Fleetwood and to end the horror show of the last 2 games.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 08:32:59 »

We find out today if we have a team of men or boys.

Give it all you have got and we will beat these, anything less than 100% or any of their attitudes not quite right then we will lose, simple.

0-0 draw.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: