Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The training ground.  (Read 68433 times)

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 08:02:06 »

Its better for youth development though.

Not necessarily. I don't think it will make much difference at all in that regard to be honest.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2019, 10:55:22 »

Looks like there is finally some movement, a whole suite of revised drawings and responses posted yesterday on the planning portal.

Looks like lots has been going on in the background on site with geo phys surveys and archaeological trenching works.

There's a useful document that they produced to show the community benefit of the training ground.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 10, 2019, 11:06:00 by theakston2k » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2019, 11:15:36 »

Looks like there is finally some movement, a whole suite of revised drawings and responses posted yesterday on the planning portal.

Looks like lots has been going on in the background on site with geo phys surveys and archaeological trenching works.

There's a useful document that they produced to show the community benefit of the training ground.

Not looked at any of that, however with my professional hat on,  the fact that the Council are letting them gather all this additional info without just refusing the applications after 12 weeks suggests to me the Council are quite keen on the idea.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 07:08:35 »

Flogging a dead (race)horse?

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/17997163.setbacks-planned-6m-stfc-training-ground-complex-highworth/
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 08:00:07 »

I’ll believe this training ground when i see it, which i highly suspect we wont
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 09:23:44 »

It sounds miles away from being given the green light doesn't it?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 09:26:29 »

I’ll believe this training ground when i see it, which i highly suspect we wont
Doesn't it go to SBC for actual approval so this is more just an opinion piece. The comment about not having horses near football pitches is a bit bizarre as well so think this is just a local councillor having a moan.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 09:49:44 »

Doesn't it go to SBC for actual approval so this is more just an opinion piece. The comment about not having horses near football pitches is a bit bizarre as well so think this is just a local councillor having a moan.

The Town Council are merely a consultee, the final decision is vested in SBC and their members/scheme of delegation, nothing to stop them approving despite a TC objection.

I had a scheme approved in Herts a couple of weeks back which went through despite a strong TC objection.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 13:14:58 »

From memory, hasn't SBC had to pretty much cave on every housing application in recent years due to not having sufficient new housing in their plan?  If so, HTC's objection on that one literally will be flogging a dead horse.  None of the objections outlined seem likely to prevent it, at worst maybe cause some tweaks.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 13:59:53 »

I had a scheme approved in Herts a couple of weeks back which went through despite a strong TC objection.
Bully Smiley
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 14:32:38 »

From memory, hasn't SBC had to pretty much cave on every housing application in recent years due to not having sufficient new housing in their plan?  If so, HTC's objection on that one literally will be flogging a dead horse.  None of the objections outlined seem likely to prevent it, at worst maybe cause some tweaks.

Dunno about the detail in Swindon, but if they cannot prove 5 year supply it brings the tilted balance into play!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 14:34:02 »

Bully Smiley

To be fair it goes both ways, a couple of houses were approved here in our village purely on the back of the applicant having close links to the PC who supported the scheme (rather overlooking the fact that it opens a massive precedent floodgate that every planner in Cumbria is now looking to exploit!)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 08:50:10 »

Update sounds positive

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2019/december/training-ground-update/
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 08:59:39 »

Lee Power commented on the proposal’s current stage:

“We have worked effortlessly to secure planning for our development"

Think you might mean "tirelessly" Lee Smiley
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 11:54:42 »

Lee Power commented on the proposal’s current stage:

“We have worked effortlessly to secure planning for our development"

Think you might mean "tirelessly" Lee Smiley
To be fair they’ve changed it already 😂 Even website corrections are quick these days.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: