Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The training ground.  (Read 68440 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, April 14, 2016, 10:01:09 »

Was there much point buying a new training ground when players get 4 days off in a row anyway?

Because it means that Power can stand there and ping golf balls at them if they don't run about enough!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, April 14, 2016, 10:27:33 »

Was there much point buying a new training ground when players get 4 days off in a row anyway?

Power is buying it for himself. He is slowly reducing the club bit by bit. Swindon town is actually going to fall down.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, April 14, 2016, 14:20:38 »

I think the Adver can thank Theakston 2K for their latest news story!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, April 14, 2016, 16:37:29 »

Looking at this forum, Twitter and Facebook has been about the limit of the Advers 'journalism' for the last couple of years.

Still can't believe the same old questions are being asked about why we actually need a training ground, the fact that we haven't always been able to use Calne makes it an obvious necessity surely?! Anyone know if Cassidy is going to be looking after the training ground as well once it's up and running?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, April 14, 2016, 16:41:41 »

I tell myself every time not to read the comments and I go and do it anyway.  Suicide

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, April 14, 2016, 16:59:40 »

Looking at this forum, Twitter and Facebook has been about the limit of the Advers 'journalism' for the last couple of years.

Still can't believe the same old questions are being asked about why we actually need a training ground, the fact that we haven't always been able to use Calne makes it an obvious necessity surely?! Anyone know if Cassidy is going to be looking after the training ground as well once it's up and running?
It's sad really. You think they'd have a small network of contacts around the town who could dripfeed them information now & again. It's no coincidence that you posted news of the planning application on here & a day later it's their main sports headline!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, April 14, 2016, 17:02:34 »

Just think what other stories we can get printed in the Advertiser about cheese and manatees....
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, April 14, 2016, 17:03:45 »

Just think what other stories we can get printed in the Advertiser about cheese and manatees....

Hang on. I might have missed it, what's Williams' favourite cheese?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, April 14, 2016, 17:04:14 »

It's sad really. You think they'd have a small network of contacts around the town who could dripfeed them information now & again. It's no coincidence that you posted news of the planning application on here & a day later it's their main sports headline!

The sad thing was way before the media blackout from the club it was blindingly obvious that the Adver could rarely be bothered to send someone to cover the club and then they just grasped the 'ban' as an excuse to shunt the blame for their lack of interest onto the club, a position thart many fans seem to have accepted.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, April 14, 2016, 18:46:16 »

Hang on. I might have missed it, what's Williams' favourite cheese?

He doesn't like Cheese, he eats Manatees
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, April 15, 2016, 21:03:04 »

Interesting on how much this cost, suspect we will be looking around the same.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36053095
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 01:15:53 »

Interesting on how much this cost, suspect we will be looking around the same.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36053095

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out, but my suspicion would be that we'll be looking at nothing as grand as that.

Chucking money at it doesn't necessarily guarantee you anything...I went to Nene Park for reasons other than football, and it was a first class example of what a lower league club should aspire to, in terms of training facilites, community usage and development. However R and D are no longer in business.

I'd have thought as long as we've some grass that Luke can lob some cones on, Power will be happy.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 01:25:46 »

You wont get championship quality with cones and a rutted pitch. I wont call you out for the down points, but Lp said he cant make nowt till the championship. The little darlings wont want to play and be covered in mud, therefore it should be a good facility (insert clever latin quotation here)

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 07:19:00 »

Players won't give a shit about training facilities. They're interested in money and if they will get a game or not.
That said, a decent training facility is always a bonus.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 07:48:31 »

Players won't give a shit about training facilities. They're interested in money and if they will get a game or not.
That said, a decent training facility is always a bonus.

Its better for youth development though.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: