Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Rochdale Matchday Thread  (Read 24281 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 20:40:54 »

I do wish people would stop saying we're in a relegation scrap.

Why?  We are, and will be until we get 52 points. What happens in Jan when we lose Louis and possibly Gladwin is going to be crucial. 

Sheffield United fans will be mindful of no win in 6, needs to turn around pronto, otherwise they'll continue to slide into the mix.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 20:44:10 »

Lets see where we are after the Christmas games. If we can keep this sort of form going against the likes of Gillingham and Burton, get past 30 points ASAP then look further up the table. January we have got home games against Crewe, Barnsley and
Southend and away at Port Vale and Sheff Utd so will have a big say on the direction of our season.
Flashheart

« Reply #77 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 20:47:18 »

Why?  We are, and will be until we get 52 points.

And until the playoffs is out of reach, we're in a promotion race?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 20:47:36 »

Did you miss the bit I mentioned about mid-table? We're just 2 points adrift from that. Do you think Sheff Utd fans, with just 2 more points more than us, think they're in a relegation scrap? Why does it always have to be so black and white?
Which is more positive than a relegation scrap.
For what it's worth, I agree with you, but some people like to panic.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 20:54:54 »

Why?  We are, and will be until we get 52 points. What happens in Jan when we lose Louis and possibly Gladwin is going to be crucial. 

Sheffield United fans will be mindful of no win in 6, needs to turn around pronto, otherwise they'll continue to slide into the mix.
Burton and Coventry haven't reached 52 points either, should they be worried about relegation?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 21:03:24 »

Oh dear couple of wins and the big balls come out. We're 4 points above the drop zone, I'd say its a bit premature to say anything about upwards. And I'm always more the positive. Lets see where we are in 7-8 games time.
Flashheart

« Reply #81 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 21:11:43 »

Oh dear couple of wins and the big balls come out. We're 4 points above the drop zone, I'd say its a bit premature to say anything about upwards.

That's a strawman, nobody has said anything about 'upwards' other than it might possibly happen at some point in the future.  And why is it not premature to say anything about 'downwards'? Not being pessimistic does not necessarily mean being optimistic. There's this binary attitude among football fans that simply baffles me at times.

Not a dig at you personally.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 21:16:56 »

Burton and Coventry haven't reached 52 points either, should they be worried about relegation?

This time last season we won 3-0 at Meadow Lane, Notts were happily in the PO spots, with a couple of games in hand on most. Went down.

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 21:29:10 »

And until the playoffs is out of reach, we're in a promotion race?
Same shit, different year with him, you know that.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 21:39:54 »

Can't comment in the context of today's game but the recent good run has clearly brought us some albeit limited breathing space. A few weeks back our net take required from the remaining games to get to 52 points was c40%, we're now around a 1/3rd so healthier. We've hauled ourselves out of the mire of October so I don't think we're in a relegation scrap at the moment, ie, we're not fighting for our lives as we were beginning to six weeks ago, equally there's not really any room for any return to a concerted run of bad form.

Anyway can't argue with the direction of travel over the last few games, don't see why we should fear taking on anybody in this league based on what I've seen thus far. So for these reasons I've taken 13/2 on us to finish this season in the top half. There, that's us fucked then!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 21:56:20 »

Probably my comment that sparked this, and I stand by it.  We've put a nice little run together since Lingy took over, but - as W Yorks says - it's bought us breathing space, and that's it.  Three or four games ago we were right in amongst the bottom four, and in another three or four games we could be back there.

Give me a 10 point cushion over 21st place and then I'll stop worrying about the relegation scrap.  Work in progresd, but not there yet.

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 21:58:11 »

You're not in a relegation fight in December, although a few weeks ago we looked down already which contradicts that I suppose.
Awful division this year so mid table is achievable. That said, I think the squad is poor so we could still go the wrong way.
A few wins or losses on the bounce can make a huge difference either way.
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 22:02:32 by Arriba » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 22:26:04 »

One thing is for sure, this is the worst L1 for a while. I don't actually think there is a good team in it. Most of our sides last 5-6 years would be miles out in front by now if they were playing here and now
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 22:28:22 »

One thing is for sure, this is the worst L1 for a while. I don't actually think there is a good team in it. Most of our sides last 5-6 years would be miles out in front by now if they were playing here and now

The team we had last season would piss this league.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 22:32:30 »

To be fair, if Burton were called Wolves/Norwich/or even dare I say City (ok maybe a step too far) then we'd probably be saying what a good team they are. They're 5 points clear so deserve a bit of credit. Ok, they might not stay there but have to give them credit for what they've done so far. Stuffing the Pikey's today shouldn't be sniffed at either.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: