Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Rochdale Matchday Thread  (Read 23913 times)
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 10:27:44 »

Fucking hell. We weren't world beaters but that's why we are where we are in the table.

Admittedly the second half was far more nervy than it should have been, but I've seen a lot, lot worse this season. We actually put some decent moves together and I like the way Ling's got us playing. His subs made sense and I think individual errors cost us more than anything - shout out to Kasim who wasn't as bad as he has been but was probably the first player I've ever seen turn his back on a throw in.

Things didn't come off for Ajose today but I thought Beaks was a real nuisance for them, can't believe he's getting criticism.

coyr

Only my second game of season, despite being a season ticket holder.  Real mixture of a game, hence I think the widely varying reactions.  The above is probably the best summing up for me. 

Can see why Hill was so annoyed about the sending off.  I expect the highlights will show he went in with studs up and the ref was technically correct but it wasn't a malicious or even reckless challenge, the ball was pinging around in midfield, people were sliding in and he just got unlucky.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 10:30:02 by Pax Romana » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 10:45:09 »

During that run of defeats if we had only managed to be poor instead of abysmal we would be in shouting distance of the POs.

As it stands the Jan window will be important for us. Need a permanent CF - love it to be Wes, but doubtful - sign El Abd on permanent, bin a couple of loanees and try and get Jordan Stewart some game time.

We're still not great but it'll do for mid table
Wouldn't be surprised to sign El Abd. But also wouldn't be surprised to sign Ling's son from LO. As for CF, I suspect Michael Smith and 'Him' may come back into the fold.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 11:01:31 »

Pleased that Barry is looking more like a div 3 player.

Think Barry deserves a bit of credit, he's still got a lot to learn, and is prone to a mistake, but at least she's shown that he can do some decent things as well....so isn't, as was feared, this years Agombar.

I was hoping for a clean sheet yesterday, given their reduction to 10 men and  recent lack of goals....we haven't had one at the CG yet this season.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 11:12:30 »

I must of been at a different game. We looked like the side with 10 men. The crowd was getting very frustrated in the second half and letting their feelings show. So where all this positivism is coming from, Lord knows?
Still to much pissing about. Get the fucking ball and go for it. Stop the Nancy boy stuff.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 11:59:18 »

I must of been at a different game. We looked like the side with 10 men. The crowd was getting very frustrated in the second half and letting their feelings show. So where all this positivism is coming from, Lord knows?
Still to much pissing about. Get the fucking ball and go for it. Stop the Nancy boy stuff.

We were playing fast triangles at the back like it was a training session. They looked full of confidence and weren't making mistakes. The crowd can't handle that, begging for it to be hoofed and then with the wind it comes straight back or out for a throw in to dale. If anyone thought 2nd half would be easy they are just not understanding the game. In open grounds like the county ground the wind can win or lose you a game. If we played the opposite way round and the halfs went the same I think everyone's view would be the complete opposite. I don't care it if it was against 10 men if you have the wind in your face and the opposion pumped for every ball it's hard. We managed very well, had numerous counter attacks which is the only way to play it and should have scored more.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 12:03:33 »

When under pressure from attackers pissing around with it in the back in those conditions was asking for trouble. Which Kassim nearly provided. Much rather a hoof even if it goes out of play.

Pissing around with it at the back when 2-0 up, against 10 men and little pressure from attackers is just sensible.

There were times when we did both.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 12:05:09 »

Think Barry deserves a bit of credit, he's still got a lot to learn, and is prone to a mistake, but at least she's shown that he can do some decent things as well....so isn't, as was feared, this years Agombar.

Yes I got that wrong (Agombar). Still no idea if he'll make it as I don't see the defensive side of his game being that good. But he's definitely has a good couple of games going forward.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 12:06:50 »

Wouldn't be surprised to sign El Abd. But also wouldn't be surprised to sign Ling's son from LO. As for CF, I suspect Michael Smith and 'Him' may come back into the fold.

Can't see 'him' ever coming back into the fold
Only my second game of season, despite being a season ticket holder.  Real mixture of a game, hence I think the widely varying reactions.  The above is probably the best summing up for me. 

Can see why Hill was so annoyed about the sending off.  I expect the highlights will show he went in with studs up and the ref was technically correct but it wasn't a malicious or even reckless challenge, the ball was pinging around in midfield, people were sliding in and he just got unlucky.

I'd assumed he'd done something after the challenge. A stamp or something?
Then again I first though he'd sent Kasim off!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 12:10:39 »

When under pressure from attackers pissing around with it in the back in those conditions was asking for trouble. Which Kassim nearly provided.

Although it was crap from Kasim, what was Rodgers doing play a ball like that inside in the 89th minute. As a cm I wouldn't want that passed to me, should have just lobbed it down the line.
Talk Talk

« Reply #114 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 12:28:02 »

Just picked up talk talk. He is pretty fucking light tbf

You are ever so strong and manly John  Girl Giggle
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 13:42:04 »

...Gladwin should have buried his chance after his run in the second half.....
Just seen that on the highlights. Gladwin gets stick for appearing to be lazy but he produces some magical moments as well. The run was utter class.......just a pity the finish let him down.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 15:51:05 »

Just seen that on the highlights. Gladwin gets stick for appearing to be lazy but he produces some magical moments as well. The run was utter class.......just a pity the finish let him down.

should have passed it though.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 15:57:51 »

Could someone paste a link cheers. For some reason sky website keeps hanging on me
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 16:11:50 »

Only Me

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #119 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 17:37:34 »

Good first half. We tried out best to lose it, but held on to the 3 points.

Good enough for me 😊
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: