Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Rochdale Matchday Thread  (Read 24201 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #60 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 18:18:14 »

Not denying it was a poor performance, but if not for the red card we may have won with a good performance. It is, as they say, a funny old game.
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 18:21:49 »

It baffles me that people aren't happy with us winning because we played poorly. How desperate to moan are you people?

In the past when we've played brilliantly but lost the same people have moaned that we're not winning.
JanTheMan

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 18:31:56 »

It baffles me that people aren't happy with us winning because we played poorly. How desperate to moan are you people?

In the past when we've played brilliantly but lost the same people have moaned that we're not winning.

Indeed. We're four points off the drop zone after our best run of wins all season/most of last. Think where we'd be without those wins. It's hardly like we're not playing well and 2nd. Any win will do. Well done Mr Ling. Long may it continue.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 18:40:41 »

Only Two points away from mid-table, Four off relegation. Almost unthinkable when Ling took over. Might not have been pretty but we're winning games again, not to mention how poor we were after every 2 week break we had last season. Incredible cynicism to be anything other than delighted at this stage.

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 18:44:14 »

Wow. I did next expect all these comments and reaction. I thought we played the conditions superbly today. First half hour was an utter snooze fest but I wouldn't say we were bad. Just not able to find the forward pass to unlock. 2nd half the intensity to get the ball back was brilliant, thought although edge f the seat stuff the back 4 passed it round brilliantly, I could only count 2 defensive pass errors all match. We should have scored more on the break 2nd half but the last pass wasn't there on numerous occasions.

Best game I have seen Brad Barry play, thompson was class. Against the wind the only way to play is on the floor, regardless of 11 or 10 men it's a hard task when they are fighting for the draw. We deserved to win and another massive 3 points.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 19:12:08 »

Best game I have seen Brad Barry play, thompson was class. Against the wind the only way to play is on the floor, regardless of 11 or 10 men it's a hard task when they are fighting for the draw. We deserved to win and another massive 3 points.

Thought Thompson was poor today by his standards. Agree with point about Barry though
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 19:47:08 »

I think the frustrating thing was that we spent the first 10-15 mins of the second half not even trying to expose a team with 10 men, and the they scored.

That said, we won & the three points are what really matter
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 19:52:00 »

It wasn't pretty, but we're in a relegation scrap.  We did what we had to and beat the team in front of us.  I was expecting a slightly easier task after Rochdale went down to 10 men.  Until we scored, the 1+ advantage was barely noticeable.  But I did think that over the 90 mins we deserved the 3 points.

No special mentions from me.  It wasn't that kind of game really.  But the team performance, to my eyes anyway, was far from dire and a huge improvement on what was being served up a few months ago.
Flashheart

« Reply #68 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 20:10:27 »

I do wish people would stop saying we're in a relegation scrap. We're just 2 points adrift of 12th place. Does that mean every team up to 12th, which includes a team in the top half, is also in a relegation scrap? Or does the extra 2 points make all the difference? We might be in a relegation scrap toward the end of the season but then, considering we're just 9 points of the playoffs and it's not even January yet, we might also be mounting a promotion push come the end of the season. or maybe we'll just be looking at mid-table obscurity.

Bah, what am I thinking. It MUST be the negative. There can be no other option (although there really is).
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 20:14:42 »

I do wish people would stop saying we're in a relegation scrap. We're just 2 points adrift of 12th place. Does that mean every team up to 12th, which includes a team in the top half, is also in a relegation scrap? Or does the extra 2 points make all the difference? We might be in a relegation scrap toward the end of the season but then, considering we're just 9 points of the playoffs and it's not even January yet, we might also be mounting a promotion push come the end of the season. or maybe we'll just be looking at mid-table obscurity.

Bah, what am I thinking. It MUST be the negative. There can be no other option (although there really is).
We are only 4 points above the drop zone, you always seem to look towards the positive, some look towards the negative.
Flashheart

« Reply #70 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 20:16:51 »

We are only 4 points above the drop zone, you always seem to look towards the positive, some look towards the negative.

Did you miss the bit I mentioned about mid-table? We're just 2 points adrift from that. Do you think Sheff Utd fans, with just 2 more points more than us, think they're in a relegation scrap? Why does it always have to be so black and white?
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 20:19:57 »

Concentrate on reaching 52 points first. See where we are when we reach it then maybe mount a playoff push. Survival is most important first hand IMO
corner

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 20:25:39 »

Concentrate on reaching 52 points first. See where we are when we reach it then maybe mount a playoff push. Survival is most important first hand IMO

9 points off as it is, so quite possible really coyr
Flashheart

« Reply #73 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 20:26:53 »

Within 1 or 2 games we could be closer to the playoffs than the relegation zone. If that were to happen, would we then be in the promotion race, or would people be saying "there's a long way to go yet"? Personally, I'd go for the latter.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 20:34:27 »

Fucking hell. We weren't world beaters but that's why we are where we are in the table.

Admittedly the second half was far more nervy than it should have been, but I've seen a lot, lot worse this season. We actually put some decent moves together and I like the way Ling's got us playing. His subs made sense and I think individual errors cost us more than anything - shout out to Kasim who wasn't as bad as he has been but was probably the first player I've ever seen turn his back on a throw in.

Things didn't come off for Ajose today but I thought Beaks was a real nuisance for them, can't believe he's getting criticism.

coyr

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: