Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Rochdale Matchday Thread  (Read 23698 times)
normy

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 17:49:32 »

I nearly stopped going because of the lack of commitment, but yesterday I was well pleased with the fighting spirit shown. I agreed with the team selection, and there were a few excellent pieces of skilled slick penetrative passing which I hope we see more of.  Altogether a satisfying day.

ust be the oldest
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 18:25:42 »

Andrew's miss at the end was satisfyingly awful. Amazing he's still playing at this level.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 18:31:00 »

1 thing that is starting to piss me off is Kasim continually taking free kicks in shooting positions. Would much rather see Gladwin have a dip. Kasim's track record is poor. Crewe at home & Chesterfield away last season are the only one's I can remember him scoring & the latter of those was down to shit goalkeeping!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 18:56:45 »

Rodgers is our best free kick taker.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #124 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 19:07:46 »

Good first half. We tried out best to lose it, but held on to the 3 points.

Good enough for me 😊

Maybe a ground out 2-1 will be better in the long run than if had pushed on from 2-0 and repeated the Chesterfield score. If we can tough it out in those conditions then that should help us pick up points. I noticed our pitch is in really good nick compared with those Oop North on the Sky highlights so grinding out results in bad conditions will be crucial.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #125 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 19:09:23 »

Got to agree. Whoever looks after our pitch deserves an award. It's a fantastic surface.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 19:09:44 »

Rodgers is our best free kick taker.
No doubt about that but hopefully he won't be in the side often enough to take them.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 19:37:59 »

No doubt about that but hopefully he won't be in the side often enough to take them.

It's a shame you can't just bring him on to take them, like the set piece guy in gridiron.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 23:14:11 »

What was the general consensus on the new floodlights? Clearly they are much improved on what we had before but I got the impression that the centre of the pitch was much brighter than the goalmouth areas. Although I couldn't decide if this was how it's supposed to be, lights not in correct positions or just a trick of the light (excuse the pun).
Talk Talk

« Reply #129 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 23:21:00 »

What was the general consensus on the new floodlights? Clearly they are much improved on what we had before but I got the impression that the centre of the pitch was much brighter than the goalmouth areas. Although I couldn't decide if this was how it's supposed to be, lights not in correct positions or just a trick of the light (excuse the pun).

I think my son was up on the gantries on Saturday morning. I put up a brand spanking new three LED spotlight thingy in his room on Friday afternoon when he was at work. Set it up perfectly for lighting his desk/computer, bed (for reading) and sofa (for wanking probably). Looked in this evening and they are now directed into useless areas.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 07:26:33 »

in some ways the new lights were worse than the old ones.

there was slight shadow, definitely dimmer in the town end goal area. when the floodlights swayed the shadow flickered. either this never happened with, or was masked by the  dim nature of the old ones!

the centre third of the pitch looked good though.

wonder if the new ones can be further adjusted, or if that's it - you'd think they'd have done it already.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 08:09:21 »

Centre of pitch was great, appear to be shadows in both penalty areas - just need a tweak or two I guess, but a definite improvement on the old ones - Reg will will be pleased . . . . or not!
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 10:37:06 »

Final adjustments to the floodlights are being made this week apparently - they now exceed championship standard requirement.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 10:45:14 »

oooh, good stuff. just in time for our late charge Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 11:09:09 »

Centre of pitch was great, appear to be shadows in both penalty areas - just need a tweak or two I guess, but a definite improvement on the old ones - Reg will will be pleased . . . . or not!

Very happy Ronnie  Smiley  I love the floodlights. I'd like them to be listed, as there can't be many left.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: