Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The refugee crisis.  (Read 52623 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 18:08:27 »

Ironsides is a cunt. The 'pathetic little flag' that he is so keen to mock has gained mention in the local and national press. That's publicity, of a kind that the current government don't want. The more vocal the support for the refugees, the more chance there is of The UK taking its fair share.

UK, already has and continues to take its fair share of migrants/asylum seekers/ and refugees. At present there are 8 million people resident in the UK not born here. At the present rate of 1/3 mill annually we'll have tacked on a potential extra mill to the population by the next WC in 2018. To me this seems a fair policy.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 18:10:29 »

People donate a few quid to ease their conscience - 'I've done my bit'.

My solution is to stop the economic migrants from the fucking EEC and take in families fleeing for their lives.

This is what needs to happen, send anyone on benefits from the Eu back, so we can genuinely help people who need it. I worked at Immigration in the Home Office at the turn of the millennium. It was laughable who we let in, and now because of it. People who really need help have multiple barriers. I'd start by sending all the pissed up poles at every single seaside resort back, that makes space for a few thousand for starters
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 18:51:38 »

we haven't our 'new' cat very long but she seems to love scratching the curtains and jumping around after flying things in the middle of the night
Plus everytime you try to pick her up she crys and scratches like hell..very odd one indeed.

I come from a land down-under
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 18:55:02 »

I am a cunt. No doubt about it. But then again, I don't pretend to 'make a difference' while actually doing fuck all.

What exactly will a little flag achieve when you've got the BBC and Sky playing the whole 'do something!' narrative 24/7?

Talk about useful idiots.

You'd have to have Lee Power's grip of modern media methods to believe that what Jay and other pressure groups are doing is having no effect on government policy. Like it or not - and you clearly don't - social media is today's means of mobilising people and getting a message across.

Meanwhile, I'm still not hearing your ideas on how we should be helping more effectively.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 18:59:27 »

This island is over-populated for sure but we must do more to help.  

Currently Germany has the moral high ground which is fucking unbelievable when you consider what a racist xenophobic nation they are (ok maybe that's just Bavaria but so what)

I guess Ironside is right to some extent but Cameron is doing a gradual about-turn in the face of public pressure and every football ground displaying a few banners will help that pressure grow.  If the people doing it feel better about themselves than some of you think it merits then I don't suppose the refugees will give a toss as long as it helps them get a safe haven for their families.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 19:03:41 »

Fishing.

Surely to be a refugee you apply for asylum in the first safe country you arrive at.
After that they just become migrants.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 19:03:47 »

I keep hearing this Britain is over populated thing repeated as an assumed fact but I just don't get it. We're the fifty-third most densely populated country on earth, that's hardly rammed is it? What people perhaps mean is there just aren't enough houses, which is absolutely true, but the reason there aren't enough being built is a combination of lack of political will and planning regulations, not a total lack of available land (outside of London perhaps).
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 19:14:30 »

we haven't our 'new' cat very long but she seems to love scratching the curtains and jumping around after flying things in the middle of the night
Plus everytime you try to pick her up she crys and scratches like hell..very odd one indeed.

Yeah just sounds like a normal cat.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 19:33:36 »

The cunt that was in my back garden last night trying to break into my shed...try again tonight and I wrap my 2iron round his head
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 19:38:02 »

The cunt that was in my back garden last night trying to break into my shed...try again tonight and I wrap my 2iron round his head
do you reckon he's on here?
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 19:40:19 »

Well there are a few delinquents so wouldn't surprise me...who is ya money on?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 19:43:53 »

definitely Reg
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 19:48:07 »

Well he left his garden shears in our garden and they were pink so that's a big clue
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 19:52:26 »

This island is over-populated for sure but we must do more to help.  

Currently Germany has the moral high ground which is fucking unbelievable when you consider what a racist xenophobic nation they are (ok maybe that's just Bavaria but so what)

I guess Ironside is right to some extent but Cameron is doing a gradual about-turn in the face of public pressure and every football ground displaying a few banners will help that pressure grow.  If the people doing it feel better about themselves than some of you think it merits then I don't suppose the refugees will give a toss as long as it helps them get a safe haven for their families.

Most of these people are leaving safe havens, to take a punt on getting a better deal in places like Northern Europe....hence the willingness to pay decent money to people traffickers.

If Germany wishes to take in as stated 800,000 people then fair pay to them....but I don't think they can claim any moral high ground.

At the Sweatie referendum, Samond said an independent Scotland would need more immigrants, Sturgeon has echoed this, so one solution might be to resettle Syrians in Scotland, funded out of the Scottish parliament's pot
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 19:58:16 »

If Germany wishes to take in as stated 800,000 people then fair pay to them....but I don't think they can claim any moral high ground.

I damn hope we don't, most of them will just drain the system. We pay too much tax here as it is

I come from a land down-under
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: