Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The refugee crisis.  (Read 52621 times)
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 16:47:26 »

And burn anyone who looks like they may be a witch
Skinny Pete

« Reply #31 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 16:49:28 »

OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 16:51:47 »

And burn anyone who looks like they may be a witch

One of the main tests for witches was whether they could swim or not. Not sure you could tell just by looking at one.

You'll never take the Townend !!!!!!
Skinny Pete

« Reply #33 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 16:52:44 »

I thought they had to weigh less than a duck
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 16:54:43 »

Still the anger management issues then.
I think it's perfectly reasonable to be angry with people who chose pathetic little gestures that mean nothing and achieve fuck all, except to inflate their ego's and pander to the narrative that 'we must be seen to being doing something'.

Quite happy to be labeled angry on that basis, no fucking worries.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 16:55:39 »

One of the main tests for witches was whether they could swim or not. Not sure you could tell just by looking at one.
He didn't think that through in light of recent events, did he?

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 16:56:10 »

Iron side is spot on.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 17:04:00 »

Iron side is spot on.

No, he's not. While I've got little time for people whose entire social conscience amounts to clicking like on fb petitions, I've a lot more respect for someone like Jaybox who'll actually get off their arse and do something to raise some money than the other stereotype of our time, the keyboard warrior, who shoots everyone else down while contributing nothing positive themselves.

Unless he's out picking survivors off the beaches of the Côte d'Azur as we speak, of course.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 17:11:57 »

Maybe politics and football should not be mixing?
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 17:14:37 »

Maybe politics and football should not be mixing?

Agreed, Next we will be mixing Football and Religion. God knows where that will end up.

You'll never take the Townend !!!!!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 17:19:42 »

No, he's not. While I've got little time for people whose entire social conscience amounts to clicking like on fb petitions, I've a lot more respect for someone like Jaybox who'll actually get off their arse and do something to raise some money than the other stereotype of our time, the keyboard warrior, who shoots everyone else down while contributing nothing positive themselves.

Unless he's out picking survivors off the beaches of the Côte d'Azur as we speak, of course.

I tend to agree with Ironside on this.....
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 17:52:21 »

Jaybox is doing nothing. Absolutely Fuck all other than making an empty, worthless and ultimately pointless gesture.

Still, I bet he feels like he, and people like you, feel good about it.

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 17:53:42 »

Iron side is spot on.
Ironsides is a cunt. The 'pathetic little flag' that he is so keen to mock has gained mention in the local and national press. That's publicity, of a kind that the current government don't want. The more vocal the support for the refugees, the more chance there is of The UK taking its fair share.

It's All Good..............
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 17:58:28 »

I haven't read every post about it but I just want to clear up what the banner is about.

Basically this group started a campaign to follow in the footsteps of Germany and their "Refugees welcome" banners all over the Budesliga. See here: https://twitter.com/refugeesefl

I wanted to join in, so I wanted to raise £40 or so to afford to make a cheapo banner, but Swindon fans have joined me with it and donated over £150 now. So we'll be holding up a 'refugees welcome' banner to raise awareness or just start a conversation about it. Any money left after I buy & make the banner will be donated to a JustGiving fundraiser helping with the situation.

I want to make clear that I'm not trying to speak for every Swindon fan as I know everyone has different opinions on the subject. I just wanted to use the mini following I have on Twitter that love the display stuff I do and use it for something positive.

The response I've received has been 90% positive to the idea, so I've decided to go with it and join the likes of Aston Villa, Charlton, Wimbledon and a lot more and put this display on. I have spoken to Barnsley and they are going to discuss it with the Directors to decide whether they'll let the 'no politics banners' rule slide just this once.

You're a good lad Jaybox. Keep it up.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 17:59:56 »

Ironsides is a cunt. The 'pathetic little flag' that he is so keen to mock has gained mention in the local and national press. That's publicity, of a kind that the current government don't want. The more vocal the support for the refugees, the more chance there is of The UK taking its fair share.
I am a cunt. No doubt about it. But then again, I don't pretend to 'make a difference' while actually doing fuck all.

What exactly will a little flag achieve when you've got the BBC and Sky playing the whole 'do something!' narrative 24/7?

Talk about useful idiots.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: