Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The refugee crisis.  (Read 52041 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 11:18:17 »

As far as I am aware the mass migration of people is due to conflict etc, how are our politicians to blame? Aren't European countries taking in refugees?
The Iraq War destablised the whole region. Islamic State grew out of Al Qaida in Iraq, bolstered by remnants of the Ba'athist army that the West/US dismantled and their top leadership got together and pretty much formed their Caliphate plan in US prisons in Iraq.
There's plenty of evidence that the West did much to forment the unrest in Syria as part of the "Arab Spring" as it suited our strategic interests at the time (which were to undermine Iran's growing regional power, ironically now boosted as they are a local bulwark against IS).
And we helped spread the clusterfuck with a half-arsed intervention in Libya which proved we'd learned nothing from the failures in Iraq. Libya now being a second front/stronghold of IS and associated jihadi nutjobs and a major trafficking route for drowning migrants trying to escape this and other signal failures of international policy in East and Central Africa. Clearly, the jihadi nutjobs etc in Libya,Syria, Iraq etc take the lion's share of the blame for the atrocities they commit but our politicians created the climate in which they were able to breed and establish themselves
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 11:50:41 »

Don't disagree, but the volatility of the area and the history of conflict has always been there, what does that come down to? What do a majority of the world's current conflicts boil down to?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 11:54:36 »

Don't disagree, but the volatility of the area and the history of conflict has always been there, what does that come down to?
Really? On the scale we've seen over the past decade or so? It's been tense since we carved it up post WW1 and WW2, and there's been a few minor wars in the region but it took the US fuck-up of Iraq, willingly abetted by TrustMeTony, to cause the total disintegration we're seeing now.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 11:58:38 »

Don't disagree, but the volatility of the area and the history of conflict has always been there, what does that come down to? What do a majority of the world's current conflicts boil down to?

Religion innit....
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 12:26:33 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34154616?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

Surely giving someone like this Bail is a massive risk?! Yes, I know they can be monitored but surely it's safer for everyone if they were behind bars?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 15:34:45 »

I haven't read every post about it but I just want to clear up what the banner is about.

Basically this group started a campaign to follow in the footsteps of Germany and their "Refugees welcome" banners all over the Budesliga. See here: https://twitter.com/refugeesefl

I wanted to join in, so I wanted to raise £40 or so to afford to make a cheapo banner, but Swindon fans have joined me with it and donated over £150 now. So we'll be holding up a 'refugees welcome' banner to raise awareness or just start a conversation about it. Any money left after I buy & make the banner will be donated to a JustGiving fundraiser helping with the situation.

I want to make clear that I'm not trying to speak for every Swindon fan as I know everyone has different opinions on the subject. I just wanted to use the mini following I have on Twitter that love the display stuff I do and use it for something positive.

The response I've received has been 90% positive to the idea, so I've decided to go with it and join the likes of Aston Villa, Charlton, Wimbledon and a lot more and put this display on. I have spoken to Barnsley and they are going to discuss it with the Directors to decide whether they'll let the 'no politics banners' rule slide just this once.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 15:58:42 »

I haven't read every post about it but I just want to clear up what the banner is about.

Basically this group started a campaign to follow in the footsteps of Germany and their "Refugees welcome" banners all over the Budesliga. See here: https://twitter.com/refugeesefl

I wanted to join in, so I wanted to raise £40 or so to afford to make a cheapo banner, but Swindon fans have joined me with it and donated over £150 now. So we'll be holding up a 'refugees welcome' banner to raise awareness or just start a conversation about it. Any money left after I buy & make the banner will be donated to a JustGiving fundraiser helping with the situation.

I want to make clear that I'm not trying to speak for every Swindon fan as I know everyone has different opinions on the subject. I just wanted to use the mini following I have on Twitter that love the display stuff I do and use it for something positive.

The response I've received has been 90% positive to the idea, so I've decided to go with it and join the likes of Aston Villa, Charlton, Wimbledon and a lot more and put this display on. I have spoken to Barnsley and they are going to discuss it with the Directors to decide whether they'll let the 'no politics banners' rule slide just this once.

Can you just confirm that it is you and your acolytes  intention is to take personal care of a refugee.....like Bob Geldof is doing.

Swindon has already taken a number of Syrian refugees, in the same way as it always has post war in a variety of situations....just it not something that a song and dance is usually made about.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 16:04:41 »

Here's something positive you could do. Donate that money you raise for a pathetic little rag to something that might make a difference somewhere.

I don't give a fuck what cause you choose to donate it to, whether I agree with it or not, but put it somewhere where even 10% of it might make a difference to someone, somewhere,  instead of lining the pockets of a printing firm.

Honestly, people like you are so misguided it's laughable.

Angry

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #23 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 16:10:33 »

People donate a few quid to ease their conscience - 'I've done my bit'.

My solution is to stop the economic migrants from the fucking EEC and take in families fleeing for their lives.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 16:12:34 »

Bob Geldof gets on my fucking tits.

Loves a bandwagon that cunt
Skinny Pete

« Reply #25 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 16:15:01 »

The luvvies are all the fucking same.

Stick a family of migrants next door to them and they'd be the first to moan
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 16:21:03 »

Here's something positive you could do. Donate that money you raise for a pathetic little rag to something that might make a difference somewhere.

I don't give a fuck what cause you choose to donate it to, whether I agree with it or not, but put it somewhere where even 10% of it might make a difference to someone, somewhere,  instead of lining the pockets of a printing firm.

Honestly, people like you are so misguided it's laughable.

Angry

Still the anger management issues then.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 16:21:35 »

People donate a few quid to ease their conscience - 'I've done my bit'.

My solution is to stop the economic migrants from the fucking EEC and take in families fleeing for their lives.

I'd prefer a bouncer type policy of one out, one in......everytime a family clear off to join ISIS in Syria, a fleeing family gets in.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 16:44:34 »

Bob Geldof gets on my fucking tits.

Loves a bandwagon that cunt

Yeah but he has got his story in the papers as a great humanitarian (which seems to be the objective of most people at the moment!) - you cannot really fault the mans offer for housing refugees in his four homes....
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 16:45:00 »

None of this is going to end well.
Get out of Europe (Vote NO in a referendum if ever we get one) and close are borders to all n sundry before it is too late.
It is probably too late already.

You'll never take the Townend !!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: