Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The refugee crisis.  (Read 52537 times)
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 19:23:22 »

I love it when this argument gets trotted out to justify being a cunt. It's like saying it's okay to molest a paedophile's children, because he'd do the same to yours.
Can't quite see what you are on about there, they won't help their neighbours out but are quite willing to support ISIS because they share the same strand of Islam, they go around butchering fellow Muslims and causing them to flee to Europe and then have the brass neck to offer to pay to build some mosques for them. Can you not see what is going on here?

What the fuck has that got to do with pedophiles?
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 20:29:54 »

Too many straw man pushers on here for my liking at times...........

You'll never take the Townend !!!!!!
SuperBosnian

« Reply #287 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 20:32:42 »

On behalf of the reasonable majority of posters I hereby declare you to be a cunt.
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 20:40:53 »

On behalf of the reasonable majority of posters I hereby declare you to be a cunt.

I assume that was aimed at me. Many Thanks. An accolade I can now wear proudly with all you other cunts on this Forum  Smiley

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 21:48:55 »

What the fuck has that got to do with pedophiles?

How have you made it to adulthood without understanding what an analogy is?

It's paedophile, anyway.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 07:02:57 »

How have you made it to adulthood without understanding what an analogy is?

It's paedophile, anyway.

The use of analogies used in an argument is a tactic that a person uses when they realise they are not intelligent or informed enough to win the argument.

1. Person A. Lets discuss something very specific. ( Call this the topic of the discussion / argument )
2. Person B. That does not suit my agenda so I will introduce an analogy.
3. Person B. All smug that you cannot refute my analogy which absolutely has nothing to do with the original Topic.
4. To outsiders not paying to much attention it appears Person B has won the argument when in fact all that has happened is Person B has changed the parameters to suit themselves.

This is known in debating as straw man tactics. Politicians do it all the time.............

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #291 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 07:12:22 »

If you're going to try and sound clever by pointing out logical fallacies, at least get them right.
Amir

« Reply #292 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 07:30:15 »

The use of analogies used in an argument is a tactic that a person uses when they realise they are not intelligent or informed enough to win the argument.

1. Person A. Lets discuss something very specific. ( Call this the topic of the discussion / argument )
2. Person B. That does not suit my agenda so I will introduce an analogy.
3. Person B. All smug that you cannot refute my analogy which absolutely has nothing to do with the original Topic.
4. To outsiders not paying to much attention it appears Person B has won the argument when in fact all that has happened is Person B has changed the parameters to suit themselves.

This is known in debating as straw man tactics. Politicians do it all the time.............

It was actually a direct rebuttal of his suggestion that certain treatment of people is acceptable, because that's what we'd get if we fled to Saudi Arabia.

I wasn't shooting down an imaginary argument, I was using an extreme analogy to show why his argument is morally repugnant. You should probably read up on straw man again btw.

Jayo probably said it better anyway when he asked, so you want us to be like Saudi Arabia? It's the same point, made differently.
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 07:30:45 »

If you're going to try and sound clever by pointing out logical fallacies, at least get them right.

On the flip side of the coin.
If you are going to try and sound clever by saying that I am wrong about something, please point out why ...........

i.e. Dont just say "Get them right" explain why I am wrong.

Flashheart

« Reply #294 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 07:52:43 »

Using an analogy is not a strawman.

A strawman is misrepresenting somebody's argument and then using that misrepresentation to attack them with, inferring it's something the opponent said. Nobody is trying to say that anybody actually said it's OK for pedo's to molest children.... it was just an analogy.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 07:53:50 »

Amir,
I am agreeing with you that hobnobs original post about "Europeans being Welcome in Saudi" or not as he is suggesting is a stupid thing to say.
Your extreme "paedophile" analogy on top of that no did infuriate me a bit.

I think we all need to get back to the original Topic.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 08:25:42 »

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 08:46:19 »

I think we all need to get back to the original Topic.
Unless you're referring to the delicious chocolate and hazelnut snack so beloved of my childhood, I think you mean "topic". But if you did mean "Topic", bring it on, they were really nice.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 09:11:29 »

Wasn't a big fan of topics. I preferred a marathon.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
EldeneRed

« Reply #299 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 21:10:30 »

Think this video sums things up quite well. And informatively.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 21:12:20 by EldeneRed » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: