Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The refugee crisis.  (Read 52591 times)
Amir

« Reply #270 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 12:12:00 »

If the boot was on the other foot and Europeans had to run off to the middle east what sort of welcome do you think they would get? How many Churches in Saudi Arabia? I rest my case you twat.

I love it when this argument gets trotted out to justify being a cunt. It's like saying it's okay to molest a paedophile's children, because he'd do the same to yours.
Flashheart

« Reply #271 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 12:14:41 »

They will bring there ware and hatred with them.
They will not integrate and assimilate.
Multiculturalism is so flawed and only survives on the back of the LEFTY SHOUTING POLITICAL CORRECT BRIGADE........

Oh, the fucking irony.
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 12:20:55 »

Oh, the fucking irony.

The war and hatred I refer to is the centuries old battle between Shia Muslims and Sunni Muslims.
On top of that we more recently have the explosion impact of Wahhabi Muslims into the mix.
This is fundamentally the problem in Islam.

You'll never take the Townend !!!!!!
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 12:22:15 »

They're not fleeing Saudi Arabia you daft bastard. A significant amount of the ones fleeing Syria are Christians, and up until it was recently conquered, Aleppo had plenty of churches.
[/quote
To flee they would first have to gain admittance wouldn't they?

I wonder why they haven't? Got any ideas?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 12:30:21 »

Doesn't sound like they've got much to teach us about hatred.

Of all the TEF's lunatic episodes, I don't think I've seen a thread that's brought so much righteous frothing anger to the surface.

I would agree although I would have to say that the righteous bollocks have flowed freely from both sides of the argument - whilst in the middle a lot of people have quietly gone about doing the right thing, just not felt the need to make a song and dance about it on social media!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 12:48:44 »

I would agree although I would have to say that the righteous bollocks have flowed freely from both sides of the argument - whilst in the middle a lot of people have quietly gone about doing the right thing, just not felt the need to make a song and dance about it on social media!

The frothing anger has all been on one side though.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 12:49:22 »

The point being argued was that huge numbers were migrating for purely economic reasons and other countries weren't picking up the slack (in short).

Tis utterly ignores the fact that millions of people are currently displaced into the main 3 bordering countries (including Turkey as it happens).  The thousands coming through Europe are those crazy/lucky enough to have escaped completely, the much bigger crisis is located directly around the worn torn region.  The other asylum seekers are coming from other worn torn areas, some of which we've directly created.

I don't have a problem discussing the situation openly, but the perception that "they" are all "flooding" into "our lands" is way off the mark.  A very small minority have managed to flee, quite probably those that had something to barter with people traffickers no doubt.  If we had a situation where 50% of the UK population were forced to flee these lands, would we all stop in France? and would France take all of us?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 12:50:25 »

The frothing anger has all been on one side though.
I think Horlock is referring to the Bob Geldof's of this world, suggesting we should all be giving up a bed.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 13:21:40 »

I think Horlock is referring to the Bob Geldof's of this world, suggesting we should all be giving up a bed.

Sort of, I was referring to the blatant cock waving that has gone on on all sides, 'look I have changed my Facebook Status/profile photo to refugees welcome', 'I think I will drive to Calais and deliver clothes' 'here are selfies of me on the march in London because I really care - or you could have just sent the c.£300 the train tickets cost to a charity who will actually feed and help those in need, but that wouldn't let us all know how humanitarian you are so thanks for telling us with evidence' and other self righteous crap that is for watchers benefits rather than actually helping the people who need help.

There has been frothing on both sides from the Britains First shite (the homeless and former service people have never been so supported although I suspect that this has not been reflected in 'real help'), to the abuse that those who dared to disagree with what 'society and the Twitterati' have decided is right have received.

The only people who have come out of this with any credit are those who have quietly done something but not felt the need to make it into some manner of statement about how bloody marvelous they are!

Don't get me started on Geldof - has he taken those families in yet? I suspect not but no problem he got the required press coverage of his statement.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 14:47:12 »

If we had a situation where 50% of the UK population were forced to flee these lands, would we all stop in France? and would France take all of us?

Of course, historically there have been many occasions when mass migration from the British Isles has occured, although some will have gone to Europe, the majority will have headed for North America, and the Antipodes.

These migrations happened because of economic depression, political decisions and famine.  Sadly the recipient territories were not strong enough to resist the cultural pressures and so became consigned to history.....rather like the fall of the  Roman Empire ushered in a long period of cultural regression,  badly named the Dark Ages.

I think for many people there is a sense that our culture is under threat.....
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #280 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 15:39:33 »

I think for many people there is a sense that our culture is under threat.....

What fucking culture? Drinking till we puke and casual racism?

Go back far enough and there isn't an indigenous culture on this little island at all.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #281 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 15:50:24 »

I'm sure the Welsh and Scots wouldn't agree there - but they haven't really seen the influx of immigrants on the scale of England.

It is very difficult to really say what being 'English' constitutes. Maybe a reason for that is over the years the English have been made to feel guilty of expressing any notion of nationhood.

« Last Edit: Monday, September 21, 2015, 15:53:41 by Pleasantly Plump Audrey » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 16:06:54 »

I'm sure the Welsh and Scots wouldn't agree there - but they haven't really seen the influx of immigrants on the scale of England.

It is very difficult to really say what being 'English' constitutes. Maybe a reason for that is over the years the English have been made to feel guilty of expressing any notion of nationhood.

Culturally I regard myself as broadly European....a product of Judaeo Christianity and The Enlightment.  Within this framework, there are of course differences which have brought about different results across Europe...this would be where the British/English thing kicks in.

Principle, here would be the scism between Catholic and Protestantism.....and the impact it had on philosophy,  science and art.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 21, 2015, 17:55:17 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Skinny Pete

« Reply #283 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 16:14:54 »

I would suppose that the Scots, Irish and, to a lesser extent, the Welsh fell back on their traditions after being subjugated by the English.

No doubt we would have done something similar if Germany had done us in 1939-45.

Dust off the maypole!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 16:48:01 »

What fucking culture? Drinking till we puke and casual racism?

Go back far enough and there isn't an indigenous culture on this little island at all.

So getting smashed and knocking down a bathroom door don't count?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: